• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Help with Ritalin comedown?

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
After my Ritalin wears off I'm left somewhat physically uncomfortable but I can deal with it, what really is annoying though is the sudden wave of depression that comes with it, is there any way to help remedy this? ty

a benzo like Valium will def help the crash, if a doctor won't prescribe you Valium try asking for a anti psychotic med like Zyprexa or Seroquel

I would not recommend using benzodiazepines for ritalin comedowns. Benzodiazepines can produce horrific dependencies, and should be used only on an occasional basis

Emoxypine, a synthetic vitamin derivate and antioxidant sold as nootropic, eliminated comedown from isopropyl phenidate completely for me. Never came to try it with regular MPH but it should take at least the edge off too, makes sense given that dopamine auto-oxidizes resulting in free radicals hurting the cells.

A chief doc actually recommended me Xanax retard to aid with anxiety from MPH but I'm with @negrogesic, it's not worth the risk. Rather try Adderall or Vyvanse first, for me and some others these are less harsh and last longer so only 1-2 doses required.

A few supplements that I find helpful for combating stimulant side effects:
  • L-theanine (Comedown, anxiety, body load)
  • Magnesium (For muscle tightness, anxiety, comedown, reduces tolerance). Get Glycinate/Bisglycinate form as other forms have lower bioavailability and a …. laxative effect.
  • Ginger (For nausea)
  • Zinc (Seems to help with tolerance and comedown) I believe Glycinate is also the best balance of affordability and bioavailability here.
  • CBD Oil - Doesn’t always do much for a lot of people (Anxiety, body load)
  • NAC can also help prevent oxidative stress. It’s mostly used with MDMA but worth taking with high doses of other stimulants too.
The two important ones here are L-theanine and Magnesium.

Zinc is only really important for daily/frequent long-term use and Ginger is only important if you find yourself getting nausea and digestive issues (other than the obvious lowered appetite) from stimulants.

Hope this helps!