• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

help with recent issues

C

charliechunks

(Mods please place in cannabis discussion)

Hello all,

My question is: can some strains negatively (severely) affect some users while other strains can cause no issues whatsoever? Can the production of the plant cause negative effects if not done correctly? (Flushing, curing... whatever goes on..(I have no experience with growing at all..))

My story:

I've been enjoying cannabis for nearly 12 years. Last 8 of which have been near daily. However, I usually enjoy it only in the evenings, and very moderately. 3.5g usually lasts me ~2 months. I vape 95% of the time. (mflb or vapor bros)

A few weeks back, I started to notice I was getting nausea in the mornings and upper stomach pain. Of course through some google searching, I stumbled upon that cannabis hyperemesis. Freaked out a bit, but then thought (regardless of all the controversy) that I use too little to be affected by this, if it does exist. However I guess I do fall into the "chronic" category. I never vomited but for a few days I had some pretty severe nausea that lasted until early afternoon. Hot showers seemed to make no difference.

So I chalked it up food, GERD, acid reflux, something along those lines, as I just attended a chili cook off and I probably over indulged in chili, as my problems started the day after. However, I decided to take a break from cannabis. I must say, after so many years of using, it wasn't that bad quitting. Nausea lasted a few more days, lots of gas and gurgling, but that died down after a few days. Some irritability and trouble sleeping, but within 5 days I was feeling great.

So I went 10 days without. Thought I'd try again. Took 3 or 4 small hits from my mflb (the weed was barely even browned) and felt amazing after that 10 day break. I also had 3 beers, but spaced over a 4 hour period. I did not indulge in any late night munchies. Just had a few glasses of water, a banana and went to bed feeling fine. At 4am, I woke up with a splitting headache, but it was different from the usual headaches I have experienced, (be it hangover, stress, exhaustion, whatever). Lots of focused pain in the lower back of my skull, above my neck. Also some pain in my temples. I also had some pretty severe anxiety. Felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Got up, had some water and another banana, then proceeded to take 2 big shits over the course of an hour. Also felt some stomach pain and moderate nausea. After calming myself down some, I went back to bed and probably fell asleep again around 6am. Woke up at 9 with still a moderate headache.

So what the hell is going on? I live in an illegal state so it's not that easy for me to try different sources, strains, etc. This latest batch I got was from a new friend so it is new to me. He claims its all organic, and handled correctly. He claims none of his other friends/family have reported any issues, and it's all he smokes. I will say there was a slight "off" smell about it when I first got it, but now that has seemed to dissipate. When he gave it to me, he did say it was very fresh and I should vent the jar every day... I have no reason to not trust him as we have toked this exact batch together (why would he smoke it if something was wrong with it?)

I was using this batch for a few weeks (again, very moderately.. probably .05g a day) before problems started to show up.

I'm just looking for some advice here. I love this plant, so please don't think I'm here to spread BS, anti-weed propaganda, etc. I just want to be able to resume my usual routine of late night relaxation, fun times with friends, etc. I've been a huge believer in legalization (even of all drugs) for years.

Other info: I eat well (no processed junk, no soda), I'm in good shape, biking is my biggest hobby, thin, and mid 30s. Worse thing I do is probably have a few craft beers a night, but never over indulge as I hate feeling drunk. I don't use any other drugs, prescription or other, with the exception of alcohol and caffeine, and the occasional advil/tylenol.

So is it this batch? Or have I done something to my body after so many years of use that it just can't handle cannabis anymore? I thought 10 days was enough to let things settle, maybe I should of went longer? I know stopping is one answer, but I don't want to. I'm not addicted (quitting for 10 days was easy) but I just enjoy it... as I do video games, biking, any other hobby. I will be very sad if I can never enjoy this herb again. Up until the past few weeks, it has brought me nothing but enjoyment.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sounds a lot like something I've been suffering from for a while now... my Dr treats it as Anxiety disorder.... however what they think and what i think are totally different I also really enjoy a smoke but recently the headaches/tension in my neck and back have increased so much that I've had to cut down to practically stopping... try a day on day off see how that goes or just smoke at weekends but the thc has greatly increased in most new strains which as a result is making daily use a no go area for me anyhoo... grow your own organic shit use bottled water no chemicals chances are you'll feel a lot better... hope you resolve this and if you do let me know how ;)