• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin HELP WITH IV TIPS

ovo1024

Bluelighter
Okay so I'm not not new to IV use. Been shooting meth and Heroin for a couple years now. But I'm really struggling with hitting myself. It's because of these new long tip rigs I'm using. They are brand new, I'm attempting to hit veins that are hardly used and not small in my fore arms. I can't get a fucking shot in can't register even. I must be going thru the vein or something. Any tips on better ways I could try to inject? Different angles? Idk.

I see you've had no responses, so I'll throw my hat in the ring as best I can.

My opinion is that you're an experienced user, as you say, so you likely already know of every trick in the book.

Another thing that came with Methamphetamine entering my area, was more and more people doing jugular (neck) shots. When Heroin was still the primary injected drug here in New England, it seemed that the "responsible" injectors who cleaned and rotated sites, could last decades with their various arm veins. When Methamphetamine came around several years ago, everyone started complaining of having a hard time hitting.

Then I started hearing of more people injecting in stranger and stranger places. It seems that the last stop on this express is the jugular vein, but that one will eventually harden up or become non-serviceable as well.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I don't want to string you along or bullshit you. You're an old pro just like I am and we both know that you're probably gonna need to change things up a little bit here.

It's better to admit defeat early on and fight a different route of administration. The people who don't admit defeat end up maiming themselves for hours every times they try to inject and they're left with visible scars all over their body in weird places. Don't destroy your body any more than what is needed man.

Is vaporization/smoking an option? Most folks here in New England have moved toward smoking as the new Fentanyl/Dope and Methamphetamine have caused havoc among veins. We never had smokers up here, now it's all the rage. I would consider trying out this new ROA and at least call it an experiment. Maybe if you give yourself a couple of weeks you will find your veins having reparied themselves a little bit.

In general though, you should take this as a sign that something will need to change. If not today, then very soon.

I see you've had no responses, so I'll throw my hat in the ring as best I can.

My opinion is that you're an experienced user, as you say, so you likely already know of every trick in the book.

Another thing that came with Methamphetamine entering my area, was more and more people doing jugular (neck) shots. When Heroin was still the primary injected drug here in New England, it seemed that the "responsible" injectors who cleaned and rotated sites, could last decades with their various arm veins. When Methamphetamine came around several years ago, everyone started complaining of having a hard time hitting.

Then I started hearing of more people injecting in stranger and stranger places. It seems that the last stop on this express is the jugular vein, but that one will eventually harden up or become non-serviceable as well.

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I don't want to string you along or bullshit you. You're an old pro just like I am and we both know that you're probably gonna need to change things up a little bit here.

It's better to admit defeat early on and fight a different route of administration. The people who don't admit defeat end up maiming themselves for hours every times they try to inject and they're left with visible scars all over their body in weird places. Don't destroy your body any more than what is needed man.

Is vaporization/smoking an option? Most folks here in New England have moved toward smoking as the new Fentanyl/Dope and Methamphetamine have caused havoc among veins. We never had smokers up here, now it's all the rage. I would consider trying out this new ROA and at least call it an experiment. Maybe if you give yourself a couple of weeks you will find your veins having reparied themselves a little bit.

In general though, you should take this as a sign that something will need to change. If not today, then very soon.
Thank you Keif, always appreciated you on this site! And well smoking it is okay I guess but it just doesn't do it for me I'm sure you know what I mean by that. But I can definitely see what you mean by meth ruining your veins quicker then Heroin. Like 10x quicker it's crazy. But like for example I have that big vein that goes up from you elbow ya know? And I CAN'T HIT IT. I don't understand why.. But with the short tip rigs I rarely struggle like this..

Thank you Keif, always appreciated you on this site! And well smoking it is okay I guess but it just doesn't do it for me I'm sure you know what I mean by that. But I can definitely see what you mean by meth ruining your veins quicker then Heroin. Like 10x quicker it's crazy. But like for example I have that big vein that goes up from you elbow ya know? And I CAN'T HIT IT. I don't understand why.. But with the short tip rigs I rarely struggle like this..
Just be patient and breathe. You coud IM it instead too, less harmful and torturous. Smoking is the best idea as Keith mentioned. Stay calm and stay safe.

I have the same problem as you @ovo1024 , ive ruined my veins with methadone in 1 month. I used to do H and speedballs with no problem and now I struggle each time I want to IV.

I hit the vein but it seems that the veins are thinner than before and its really difficult to shot up.last time I had to use a tourniquet and it was a little bit better. I will try in hands, ankles and wirst.

But im snorting the big part of the bags. I know that its not the the same but its the only way to get high. I dont like to miss a shot, I hate it. Smoking is another interesting ROA. I like smoking on foil.

Love to all

You could be dehydrated, or need to eat. Could try taking a hot shower or putting hot compress over the area you want to shoot, pushups, lifting some light weights or household items that have a bit of weight to them, also yoga. I would recommend using a less than 45 degree angle if you are using super long tips. But if you're struggling with them maybe try 31 gauge. If you are stabbing through or missing a bunch your veins will constrict and swell making it more unlikely the longer you try. I had heard from somewhere putting bacitracin over the area you want to shoot, after you clean it, helps lube the rig through. Wish you the best.

The best advice I could give you is try to not use the rig. I know once it's past that point it's no return. No Judgement here. It just causes so much damage to your veins. I never tried herion. Tho I've had my fair share of opiates.

Just make sure you're not reusing old needles and not sharing w others. HEP C and HIV are very very dangerous and usually occurs when sharing. Most ppl don't even know they have either until it's too late. From my little brothers account he said herion feels like a constant orgasm which I think he meant it feels good. I'm not much of an opiate person anymore. The desire 4 it just faded away.

Weird I’m the total opposite. I can’t hit a vein like at all with the short tips. Is the gauge the same between your shorts and longs? I tried 31g shorts and couldn’t register basically ever. I’m still not sure if I was ever in a vein or if my blood was just too thick from dehydration and the shot was too thick for it to register not watering it down a ton made no difference. I finally found out 29g 1/2 inch (longs) are my sweet spot but I’m a female too and we apparently have deeper and thinner veins so I’ve read several times that we should try half inch needles over the shorts but men are the opposite.

I CAN'T HIT IT. I don't understand why.. But with the short tip rigs I rarely struggle like this..

If it's not collapsed and it works with short tips sounds more like technique versus anything. The shorter tip allows you to anchor the barrel on your arm probs and gives you some stability where you'd lose that with a longer tip.

Anybody know why vision would be all weird after shooting

possibilities are endless. the vessels dilatating and constricting depending upon which drug can affect it. opioids control the oculomotor nerve which can affect the ability to focus vision. but honestly it's impossible to say for sure over the internet. definitely recommend seeking medical advice if it hasn't cleared up by now.

possibilities are endless. the vessels dilatating and constricting depending upon which drug can affect it. opioids control the oculomotor nerve which can affect the ability to focus vision. but honestly it's impossible to say for sure over the internet. definitely recommend seeking medical advice if it hasn't cleared up by now.
It's meth, and it only happens for the first few minutes after I use I was wondering if other users felt this as just a regular affect of using. When I was a user 5 years ago I always had to cough after injections but now I don't cough my vision gets all weird

Okay so I'm not not new to IV use. Been shooting meth and Heroin for a couple years now. But I'm really struggling with hitting myself. It's because of these new long tip rigs I'm using. They are brand new, I'm attempting to hit veins that are hardly used and not small in my fore arms. I can't get a fucking shot in can't register even. I must be going thru the vein or something. Any tips on better ways I could try to inject? Different angles? Idk.
I would suggest to always use the "short needle" and adjust the angle...I was a phlebotomist for years and years at hospitals, clinics, labs, and doctors offices.
I found out pretty quick that the hardest people to draw blood from, bar none, are IV drug users...So, over the years I've done a lot of personal research in order to figure out precisely why that is the case...
This is a short list of the main problems and possible remedies for the problems you're having injecting...
#1 is the scar tissue created on the veins themselves (subcutaneous) Most people don't think about the scarring under the skin, only the superficial scars you can see, but it's there...
What this translates into for venipuncture of any kind is that the needle seems to kind of "bounce off" the vein(or vice versa).
To combat this you need to (a) always use a new, sharp, needle every time...every stick dulls the point.
(b) increase the angle of the needle at least a little... and last but not least (c) when you insert the needle, go in with a quickness... kind of like you're throwing a dart at a dartboard, but close up...
The biggest problem I've seen in regard to this is most people slowly push the needle in...which may work if you don't have much scar tissue or have huge veins, but I've always used the "dart" method and have had a lot of success, plus it hurts less IMHO...
A couple of more tricks we used to employ were getting the patient to run really warm water over their arms and hands before the stick and if that didn't work or wasn't feasible, we would use a blood pressure cuff instead of a tourniquet (tie-off) It usually worked like a charm...Hope this helps and good luck!