• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help with injection

Zeiton

Bluelighter
I'm trying to cook tramadol IR for injection but I get so much chalk and pink colouring that I can't get a decent amount of liquid. Once I filter 3 or 4 times I lose more than half of it to the cotton and im still left with a very cloudy solution.
How transparent does it have to be for it to be safe for injecting? I have never shot a pills before.

Do you have any tips on how to prepare the pills? Anything can help. I don't even know if I should crush the pills in the water or outside.

You need to filter using a micron/wheel filter! Doing shoot pills filtered with cotton. The talc and binders winds up in your lungs.

Also, tramadol isn’t great to inject anyhow. Definitely isn't worth the risk.

Thanks. There is not much more where I live. So I hace to make the most out of what I can get.

Got any specifics on what kind of wheel filter should i use? Thanks

Honestly, in your position, I'd just take the tramadol orally.

Tramadol IV is something I haven't heard much of, either in a medical or a recreational context.

I get it, I have shot up heroin literally thousands upon thousands of times, I loved shooting up. But.. Not ever drug is worth shooting up.

Because of tramadol unique properties, rapid onset is probably most dangerous than most opioids.

With that said, I agree that if you're gonna shoot pills you're gonna want a better filter. I always use cotton as well, but that's with heroin not pills.

If you're gonna do it with pills, a better filter is highly advised. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience to feel confident recommending a specific type.

What I will say, if you can't find this kinda stuff at say, needle exchanges in your area. You might be able to order them online. I've ordered syringes via ebay stores in the past. There's also some specific sites that deal in harm reduction materials.

Good luck. <3

Aren't tramadols euphoric effects mostly linked to its metabolites, I doubt shooting it is worthwhile.

Aren't tramadols euphoric effects mostly linked to its metabolites, I doubt shooting it is worthwhile.

Yes but I don’t think it relies on first pass, which means it will still metabolize the same if IVed. I think the main problem is the risks. Like seizure.

Honestly, in your position, I'd just take the tramadol orally.

Tramadol IV is something I haven't heard much of, either in a medical or a recreational context.

I get it, I have shot up heroin literally thousands upon thousands of times, I loved shooting up. But.. Not ever drug is worth shooting up.

Because of tramadol unique properties, rapid onset is probably most dangerous than most opioids.

With that said, I agree that if you're gonna shoot pills you're gonna want a better filter. I always use cotton as well, but that's with heroin not pills.

If you're gonna do it with pills, a better filter is highly advised. Unfortunately I don't have enough experience to feel confident recommending a specific type.

What I will say, if you can't find this kinda stuff at say, needle exchanges in your area. You might be able to order them online. I've ordered syringes via ebay stores in the past. There's also some specific sites that deal in harm reduction materials.

Good luck. <3
I typically don’t mother people on this site but don’t shoot tramadol. I’ve been shooting Dope for half of my life so I get it.
But you just aren’t going to get anything out of using the needle with tramadol.

if you are insistent on shooting large pills, the only way I’ve ever gotten it to work is by using large amounts of water than evaporating it off. I’m sure it’s super wasteful

I assume you’ll ignore the advice and try shooting it. I guarantee you’ll be disappointed.

I would just eat the tram bud. I get the wanting to shoot something but this substance isn't the one for that. I doubt there will be a good rush behind it. I've seen papers talking about trying to make it available for use IV in the ER and the FDA rejected it for safety concerns. I doubt there will be much of a rush and since tramadol has the weird seizure thing going on with it who knows how IV will react with the SNRI action it has.

I would just eat them.

Of and yeah there is the part about it not going thru first pass metabolism. When thag happens tramadol turns into O-desmethyltramadol which is a better opioid.

Ok so I tried the pills and I got a bad fever like 2 minutes after the shot I began to sweat like hell and felt my throat closing.
I was getting dressed to go to the hospital and it went away. Just as fast as it came on.

Now Ima try again filtering 2 times but all I got is dentist's cottons (the ones they use to separate the lip from the teeth) to filter the solution.

Any tips on harm reduction or how to properly prepare a pill for injection?

Man u just had a really close call after that.

Listen to the people on this forum. Dont shoot pills.

If you insist then use a proper micron /wheel filter.

You are lucky the first time wasn't worse. You can have very serious consequences from shooting fillers and binders from pills, like abscesses and systemic infections and blockages. It's a very bad idea. A micron wheel filter will filter all that stuff but like others have said, there is still no point as tramadol doesn't work great via IV, and is also dangerous due to seizure risk. You already had a severe reaction (throat closing, fever) from the first one. The second one might send you into anaphylaxis and you could die. or seize out. Either way, this is not even remotely close to worth the risk. Please reconsider and just eat them. It's not gonna result in a better high IVing them, and eating them is pretty safe (eating too high a dose can cause seizures though, people can and do die from tramadol alone).

By the way, if you are on MAOIs or antidepressants or stimulants, please do not do tramadol as it will greatly increase the risk of serious adverse reactions like seizures and serotonin syndrome.

Check in and let us know if you're okay, especially if you decide to go through with doing it again... we have had lots of people die from ignoring this sort of advice and so we'll all be concerned about you if you stop posting after this. ♥️

Please please don't shoot these. It wont have many positive effects and be very harmful to your health. If you are dying to shoot something buy some good quality #4 online. Even meth would be better idea than this. Please just don't.