• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with hydrocodone withdrawal, please.

testudo

Greenlighter
Hello,

I was prescribed 120, 10/325 hydrocodone and it reads to take 1 every 6 hours as needed for pain. I have not been taking them as prescribed. However, I haven't taken more than 4 a day. I have been taking 2 at a time twice a day. I have 9 hydrocodone left.

It has been just about 48 hours since my last dose. I have been experiencing some, what I think may be withdrawals. I have been feeling a little but of nausea, but I haven't gotten sick. I have, however, have been to the bathroom 4 times in as many hours. My lower back is killing me, but it is hard to tell if this is part of it because I remember the exact time and the exact action that caused the back pain.

Now, as I wrote earlier, I have 9 hydrocodone left. Should I just try to tough it out, or can I try a "quick" taper? Toughing it out could be rough because my wife has no idea.

I also have a lot of tramadol, flexiril (sp?...muscle relaxer) and Xanax. Will any of those help, or should I just leave those alone?

Thank you in advance for all responses, advice, help and possible tapering scheduled.

Try using some THC, it's an anti-emetic. But don't take any more depressants like Flexeril, Xanax, or tramadol; you could stop breathing.

Try using some THC, it's an anti-emetic. But don't take any more depressants like Flexeril, Xanax, or tramadol; you could stop breathing.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have no THC and no way to get any. Should I take a hydrocodone, or will that just make it worse at this point?

If you're in withdrawal, taking a hydrocodone would definitely work. But I'd be worried about the acetaminophen dosage.

Benadryl could work as an anti-emetic.

Ask your doctor for a different hydrocodone prescription that doesn't have acetaminophen in it.

You can get THC on the darknet.

If you're in withdrawal, taking a hydrocodone would definitely work. But I'd be worried about the acetaminophen dosage.

Benadryl could work as an anti-emetic.

Ask your doctor for a different hydrocodone prescription that doesn't have acetaminophen in it.

You can get THC on the darknet.

Thank you. I don't know about the darknet, and I a sure I could not get any right now. I am going through this right now.

I haven't taken anything for almost 48 hours, so acetaminophen isn't a problem. I just worried that if I take a hydrocodone now for relief that I will get worse when it wears off.

How long have you been taking the hydrocodone? If it was just one month and its been 48 hours since you took any type of opiate just tough it out you will feel better in a couple days. You could take small doses of xanax for a couple days but be very careful about not getting hooked on that. I would take the muscle relaxer and see how you feel it might be enough to get you through the worst of it. But i would say in another 48 hours you will start to feel better and it will get better every day after that, depending on how long you have been taking the hydrocodone.

Taking another one will prolong the misery in my opinion and with only 9 left I dont think it would be viable to taper with that small amount. Honestly get out while you can opiate addiction really sucks.

How long have you been taking the hydrocodone? If it was just one month and its been 48 hours since you took any type of opiate just tough it out you will feel better in a couple days. You could take small doses of xanax for a couple days but be very careful about not getting hooked on that. I would take the muscle relaxer and see how you feel it might be enough to get you through the worst of it. But i would say in another 48 hours you will start to feel better and it will get better every day after that, depending on how long you have been taking the hydrocodone.

Taking another one will prolong the misery in my opinion and with only 9 left I dont think it would be viable to taper with that small amount. Honestly get out while you can opiate addiction really sucks.

Thank you for you reply.

Yes, I got the presciption on the 3rd of February, so it has been about a month. I have been in 2 10/325, twice a day for a month. So, basically 40mg a day.

This is absolutely horrible. I don't even crave or want to take another one ever. However, that could be the alcohol hangover, "I am never drinking again.", thing.

I cannot get comfortable and can only dose off for a few minutes at a time. My stomach is jacked up. Now, when I move my head, I get water rushing to my mouth and I feel like I am going to vomit. I am going to try some Pepto Bishop. Hopefully, that will help a bit.

I just know my wife is going to wake up any minute and wonder what the hell is going on.

I don't know what to do...

I know exactly how your feeling it sucks but it is temporary it will go away. Its like the worst flu of your life and then some. Hang in there you can get through this just remember it will go away. Get some loperamide and use it as directed. ( DO NOT take crazy high doses like some people say on the Internet) it helps alot with the stomach issues. Use a little bit of xanax to help you get a little sleep its not the prefered benzo imo but it will help but be very careful not to take it more than a couple days that addiction can creep up on you and its much worse than opiate withdrawal.

Is this the first time you have been dependent on any opiate or opioid? If so you should heal up pretty fast you will feel better soon.

Tell her its the flu. Or tell her the truth. this can happen to anybody.

I know exactly how your feeling it sucks but it is temporary it will go away. Its like the worst flu of your life and then some. Hang in there you can get through this just remember it will go away. Get some loperamide and use it as directed. ( DO NOT take crazy high doses like some people say on the Internet) it helps alot with the stomach issues. Use a little bit of xanax to help you get a little sleep its not the prefered benzo imo but it will help but be very careful not to take it more than a couple days that addiction can creep up on you and its much worse than opiate withdrawal.

Is this the first time you have been dependent on any opiate or opioid? If so you should heal up pretty fast you will feel better soon.

Tell her its the flu. Or tell her the truth. this can happen to anybody.

Thank you.

I just looked and the Xanax is expired. Does that matter? If not, I have .5 mg doses. Should I maybe cut it in half?

One more thing i want to tell you is once you become dependant on an opiate and go through withdrawl it will happen much faster if you decide to take them again, 3 days for me and I will have to deal with withdrawl. Also the withdrawal is worse everytime you quit after becoming dependant the first time.

I have never had problems with expired benzos or pain killers. Im sure they just lose a little potency after a while. Im very sensitive to xanax and i only need .25mgs to get relaxed but during withdrawl i need .5mgs or more. if you have never taken it before i would take .25mg to be safe and wait 30 minutes to make sure it wont effect you badly and if that didnt help take another .25 mgs. Just dont take to much you can black out if you take to much xanax but it takes greater than 2 mgs imo unless you add alcohol. Of course this is my opinion so take it for what its worth. just take it slow you know your body.

Let me start off by saying I have a lot of experience with opioid pain med withdrawals and I'm surprised you have it so bad after such a small habit, 40 mg a day isn't much. Hydro withdrawals do suck, in my experience I have a worse time with it than I do with oxy withdrawal.

The worst of it should be over by the 72 hour after last dose mark. If it becomes truly unbearable then maybe try taking half a 10 just to take the edge off to be somewhat comfortable but bear in mind that you could very well be prolonging the withdrawal this way so if you can tough it out cold turkey that would be the best as far as just getting it over and done with.

The back pain could just be another symptom of the withdrawal or the real thing, hard to tell as back pain is one of the common symptoms of opioid withdrawals and if you have a genuine back issue stopping opioids can leave the pain receptors extra sensitive.

Use the Xanax only if you really need to as it can help with sleep and any withdrawal induced anxiety but be sparing and careful as you don't wanna develop a dependence on those. Opioid withdrawal is a walk in the park compared to benzo withdrawal.

Best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Look up the Thomas recipe on here. It has a lot of good options to help your symptoms. Tramadol, flexeril, and Xanax are all good options to manage the symptoms in the short term but all can be addictive/cause dependence. Tramadol can help get you through the worst of the back pain, flexeril helps with muscle spasms, and Xanax will help you sleep and can also decrease nausea. Imodium is the best option for diarrhea. Stay hydrated and try to get up and move around. Light exercise/stretching will really make a difference. Try not to take anymore of the hydrocodone if it's already been 48hrs. At this point it will just prolong things. If needing to use them for pain purposes in the future try cutting them in half and only use every few days if necessary to prevent having to go through withdrawals again. Tramadol when used frequently can also cause dependence and a difficult withdrawal period so be cautious if using that frequently for any reason. Should not cause a problem if only using to get through the withdrawals. Hang in there. It gets easier.

I managed to get about 3 hours of sleep, but I still feel awful. I think that I am going to try and take an Ibuprofen and half of a Flexeril. Hopefully, that will help out a bit and I can take a nap. I am exhausted. If worse comes to worse, I will cut a .5 Xanax in half and see how I handle it.

I have never had problems with expired benzos or pain killers. Im sure they just lose a little potency after a while. Im very sensitive to xanax and i only need .25mgs to get relaxed but during withdrawl i need .5mgs or more. if you have never taken it before i would take .25mg to be safe and wait 30 minutes to make sure it wont effect you badly and if that didnt help take another .25 mgs. Just dont take to much you can black out if you take to much xanax but it takes greater than 2 mgs imo unless you add alcohol. Of course this is my opinion so take it for what its worth. just take it slow you know your body.

Thank you. I am going to give it a try today.

Let me start off by saying I have a lot of experience with opioid pain med withdrawals and I'm surprised you have it so bad after such a small habit, 40 mg a day isn't much. Hydro withdrawals do suck, in my experience I have a worse time with it than I do with oxy withdrawal.

The worst of it should be over by the 72 hour after last dose mark. If it becomes truly unbearable then maybe try taking half a 10 just to take the edge off to be somewhat comfortable but bear in mind that you could very well be prolonging the withdrawal this way so if you can tough it out cold turkey that would be the best as far as just getting it over and done with.

The back pain could just be another symptom of the withdrawal or the real thing, hard to tell as back pain is one of the common symptoms of opioid withdrawals and if you have a genuine back issue stopping opioids can leave the pain receptors extra sensitive.

Use the Xanax only if you really need to as it can help with sleep and any withdrawal induced anxiety but be sparing and careful as you don't wanna develop a dependence on those. Opioid withdrawal is a walk in the park compared to benzo withdrawal.

Best of luck and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Yeah, I don't know why I feel so awful. I didn't even finish the prescription and I basically took what the daily allowance on the script reads.

Look up the Thomas recipe on here. It has a lot of good options to help your symptoms. Tramadol, flexeril, and Xanax are all good options to manage the symptoms in the short term but all can be addictive/cause dependence. Tramadol can help get you through the worst of the back pain, flexeril helps with muscle spasms, and Xanax will help you sleep and can also decrease nausea. Imodium is the best option for diarrhea. Stay hydrated and try to get up and move around. Light exercise/stretching will really make a difference. Try not to take anymore of the hydrocodone if it's already been 48hrs. At this point it will just prolong things. If needing to use them for pain purposes in the future try cutting them in half and only use every few days if necessary to prevent having to go through withdrawals again. Tramadol when used frequently can also cause dependence and a difficult withdrawal period so be cautious if using that frequently for any reason. Should not cause a problem if only using to get through the withdrawals. Hang in there. It gets easier.

Thanks. I am going to try and stay away from the Tramadol and take Ibuprofen and Flexeril. I just hope it is enough to take the edge off.

I am starting to feel a bit better physically, but now I am starting to get very emotional and depressed, especially when thinking about my kids. I am tearing up as I write this. It is horrible.

That is the worst part for me it seems like every thought would bring tears to my eyes and multiple times a day I would just ball my eyes out. Depression is by far the worst symptom of withdrawal for me. You can get through it, your almost there if the physical discomfort is fading.

Like someone else said exercise will help alot. What really helps me is the right music.

That is the worst part for me it seems like every thought would bring tears to my eyes and multiple times a day I would just ball my eyes out. Depression is by far the worst symptom of withdrawal for me. You can get through it, your almost there if the physical discomfort is fading.

Like someone else said exercise will help alot. What really helps me is the right music.

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I would take the physical part of all of this over the depression. I cannot even think about anything. I can't walk past my daughter's room, look at pictures on the fridge and on the wall...I am very upset right about now and for no good reason, except you know...

My favorite things to do is to watch TV shows and play video games. I think I may jump into one of those soon to keep my mind off of things, but I have my 1 year old son with me at home.

How long does this part usually last? God, I hope it is not long.

Michael: I would edit your post...no sourcing information allowed.

Testuda: At this stage of your withdrawal the emotional stuff is a result of PAWS. This will fade in time. I would suggest using the xanax sparingly because after you use it for a while you may experience some rebound anxiety. I would highly suggest playing a videogame or doing something that will take your focus off how you feel. Play with your son, eat some fatty foods, or do a little exercise. This will help give you a little respite from that.

I am starting to feel a bit better physically, but now I am starting to get very emotional and depressed, especially when thinking about my kids. I am tearing up as I write this. It is horrible.

Yeah, I almost always end up crying at one point, the withdrawal will have you extra sensitive. Don't be too afraid of the Xanax, it can help a lot with sleep and calming down in general, just don't take it a lot or in excess as physical dependence can develop quick with benzos.

Best of luck, I know this is very hard but it does get better with time. I feel for you man, hang in there.

Yeah, I almost always end up crying at one point, the withdrawal will have you extra sensitive. Don't be too afraid of the Xanax, it can help a lot with sleep and calming down in general, just don't take it a lot or in excess as physical dependence can develop quick with benzos.

Best of luck, I know this is very hard but it does get better with time. I feel for you man, hang in there.

as per my experience i'dd use Xanax as well also tried the branded one but it cost me to much when i buy it on my doctor , one of my friend suggest to buy it online . hopefully it help to does who want to buy xanax online without prescription and lowest but still quality i recommend this site :http://buygenericxanax.com/ or http://webgenericpharmacy.com/ TRIED AND TESTED! :)

Michael: I would edit your post...no sourcing information allowed.

Testuda: At this stage of your withdrawal the emotional stuff is a result of PAWS. This will fade in time. I would suggest using the xanax sparingly because after you use it for a while you may experience some rebound anxiety. I would highly suggest playing a videogame or doing something that will take your focus off how you feel. Play with your son, eat some fatty foods, or do a little exercise. This will help give you a little respite from that.

Thank you all very much. I really appreciate the time you took to respond to me.

I guess I am about 80 hours in and I feel okay. I have some abdominal cramping, but nothing like it was and I was able to hold down some fries and chicken nuggets. My back is still killing me, which leads me to believe that it is actually the injury that occurred last week. This depression/emotional stuff is for the birds, though. I cannot take it. I teared up just reading your post about crying at one point, John.

I have Alprazolam at .5 mg. I think that I may take half and see if will help with the depression and anxiety. I will not take it for more than two days in a row, I think. I know that it will vary from person to person, but how long does the depression part usually last? I cannot do this very long. It is horrible.

Thank you again.