• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with Gabapentin staggering (please give this a read)

FN57

Greenlighter
I know this general topic has been beaten into the ground but please give me a chance and some advice here. Please only knowledgeable and/or experienced people on this topic respond. When I first started staggering gabapentin doses I did so every thirty minutes with 300mg doses, than i moved it to 45 minutes per dose at 300mg but then for 4 or so months I was dosing every 20 minutes (due to conflicting information on here and else where). Eventually my doctor had me on the 600mg tablets and i figured with the naproxen and food in my stomach each time i dose I can get the process over more quickly with minimal reduction in absorption, taking 600mgs at a time rather than 300mgs. Now lately i feel like I've been completely wasting my script dosing every 20 minutes when im seeing in newer threads (2016) 45+ is more appropriate. I do feel the Intoxicated effects but I've been taking nearly 5 gram doses staggered so im wondering if I've been actually wasting my meds. Any thoughts on a better length of time in between doses? I know all about food, soda, peppers and naproxen concerning dosing. Im just stuck on time between doses to maximize the effects.

BUMP. please respond. nothing troll or flaming me ty. :)

I can't remember if it was Keif' or Kleiner but one of them stated adding a dollop of peanut butter to each pill every 30-40 mins to maximize absorption was key. Fat helps with absorption and the best results were had by dosing inside of a 3 hour window if you are looking for max effect. I will see if I can find it as it was a few months ago.

Hmm I don't take gabapentin but I do take my meds with a quarter cup of Peanutbutter I just felt like it made it easier on the nausea. Maybe Peanutbutter does work. I wonder if you mixed both hydrogenated oil in Peanutbutter with butter and vegetable oil and glycerol

Whole fat milk and 300mg every 20minutes put me to sleep took 1200mg in total when I had to go 24hours without pregab and trust its not nice even tkaing half the dose you can tell, i'd say its worse than opiate withdrawal except your not being sick pissing and shitting every 10min.

I do take diazepam 8mg though and olanzapine contains a theobenzo or something so not sure if this also acts on the gaba receptors.

In my experience 30-45 minutes works very well. I wish I had some studies to back this up but I have used Gabapentin for 5 months and never had a problem with the schedule I use.

OK here is something: http://www.seizure-journal.com/article/S1059-1311(02)00142-5/fulltext

gr1.gif

MAX dosage at one time was 1600mg x 3 per day=4800

A trend was noted for a modest increase in both Cmax and AUC in phase IV (chocolate pudding) compared with control (+18.6% and +13.2%, respectively). In a comparison of protein (phase IV) versus nonprotein phases (phases I-III), gabapentin AUC was 26% greater (47.28+/-14.65 vs. 37.43+/-9.78 microg/mL x h; p = 0.03), and Cmax was 32% higher (4.72+/-1.04 vs. 3.56+/-0.92 microg/mL; p = 0.003) https://www.researchgate.net/public...th_foods_of_varying_macronutrient_composition

Last edited:
Slightly new to Gabapentin...I've noticed tiredness and a crash-like feeling few hours after staggering about 1200-1800mg.... Would Taking MORE gabapentin lift me up or make me crash harder?

I've been fiddling with this shit for a few years now and have arrived at the system that works best for myself. Whether it will work for you in the same fashion, I cannot say. Firstly, I've read that Narpoxen (Aleve) has the potential t boost effects by a maximum of 10%. I'm just saying, don't be going out of your way with the Naproxen, as the benefits are really not that great.

The biggest variable at play, again, in my experience, is the environment of the stomach. Having a high-fat meal on board can greatly increase bioavailability. Another poster had made a reference to one of my other threads regarding Gabapentin, but what I do, is eat a high-fat meal, like an english muffin with a lot of peanut butter, dose ~600mg every 30 minutes with a little more peanut butter and whole milk, for a period of 3-4 hours. This is the method that I've arrived at and it appears to be the most effective.

I find 30-45 minutes is the optimal dosing regiment and I take 300 mgs usually cause I find after 1-2 grams you're just pushing it like taking 16+ mg subuxone chasing a high

Read through this. I've been on it for nearly 2 years and for me 300-900mg ever 45 minutes works the best without redosing more than 3 times. Kratom greatly potentials it in my experience, if you're into that.

Last edited:
your body can only process 1200 milligrams at a time so I take that every 30 minutes on the dot and I only have to do it two or three times and I feel amazing and you do fall asleep so don't do it if you're trying to get s*** done but it's wonderful sleep amazing dreams I found very happy almost lucid dreams if you're looking to relax 1200 milligrams every 30 minutes on the DOT very experienced with this

How does one iv chocolate pudding?

A trend was noted for a modest increase in both Cmax and AUC in phase IV (chocolate pudding) compared with control (+18.6% and +13.2%, respectively).

That was referring to phase IV (4) roman numerals, not intravenous. Although iv pudding probably isn't much worse than some of the methods in the "how to iv ms-contin" thread. :)

If you just want help with detox how much should you take

There are quite a few variables that are required to properly answer that question but if you are not a regular user, 300mg increments every hour until you notice some relief is a good place to start. Remember it can take a couple of hours to feel the effect so keep it under 1,200mg till you have some experience taking it.