• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with extracting Fentanyl out of my patches?

Informant

Bluelighter
Hi, I get patches and been on them for years. I am trying to do an extraction and I am having some trouble. The patches are 100mcg Alvogen drug in adhesive matrix and I am just trying to extract the Fentanyl to smoke. I followed the directions using Methanol (Yellow Heet) gasoline Antifreeze. I put half the patch in a glass and then barely covered it with Methanol for 30 minutes. Stirring every 8 or so minutes then I remove the patch and let the Methanol evaporate by turning the glass on its side. So the problem I am getting is the residue that’s left is basically nothing and just about impossible to get off the glass.

Can someone please help me figure out what I’m doing wrong and if there is a better method to extract the Fent? I am pretty good at following instructions and I just cannot understand what I am doing incorrectly. Please any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Hi, I get patches and been on them for years. I am trying to do an extraction and I am having some trouble. The patches are 100mcg Alvogen drug in adhesive matrix and I am just trying to extract the Fentanyl to smoke. I followed the directions using Methanol (Yellow Heet) gasoline Antifreeze. I put half the patch in a glass and then barely covered it with Methanol for 30 minutes. Stirring every 8 or so minutes then I remove the patch and let the Methanol evaporate by turning the glass on its side. So the problem I am getting is the residue that’s left is basically nothing and just about impossible to get off the glass.

Can someone please help me figure out what I’m doing wrong and if there is a better method to extract the Fent? I am pretty good at following instructions and I just cannot understand what I am doing incorrectly. Please any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.
100 mcg is almost nothing. It's literally 1/10 of a milligram.

They're only using half a patch so it's only 1/20 of a mg!
It seems extremely wasteful to be doing this, couldn't you just cut pieces off the patch and take it buccally?
I suppose you could rince the glass with a very small amount of water and then at least you'd have something visible you can work with. Or perhaps some king of egig vape liquid could be used instead of water then you could vape that off foil.

They're only using half a patch so it's only 1/20 of a mg!
It seems extremely wasteful to be doing this, couldn't you just cut pieces off the patch and take it buccally?
I suppose you could rince the glass with a very small amount of water and then at least you'd have something visible you can work with. Or perhaps some king of egig vape liquid could be used instead of water then you could vape that off foil.
I used a whole patch which has over 10mgs in it. I used to use them Buccally and they worked great but now I can use a whole entire patch Buccally and feel nothing.

100mcg per hour.

They contain a fairly substantial amount of fentanyl. Certainly a visible amount.

Unfortunately @OP, I've only extracted fentanyl from the older versions of these patches (the ones containing a pouch of gel), so I don't have any guidance as far as extracting fentanyl from this new matrix type.

Years ago I would extract and inject the entire contents of the old 100mcg/hr duragesic patches, which was something like 16.8mg of fentanyl total. It was one of the few things that worked well to get through my daily 380mg/day of methadone. But it behaved more like a general anesthetic; sometimes I'd wake up on the floor.

If the OP can use an entire 100mcg/patch buccally then I'm not sure smoking little bits of fentanyl would be too satisfying.

OHHH 100mics/hour! Well that's different.

I think my vape liquid idea might work, but to be honest I don't think you're gonna find it more effective than sticking a whole patch in your mouth. I hope you're in a position to take a bit of a break to get your tolerance down cos unfortunately I think that's your only realistic option - apart from the needle 😔

Each patch has a total of 10.65mgs of Fentanyl in them. It is 100mcg an hour!!!
Have you ever tried to see actually 10 mg. Not a 10 mg pill actually 10 mg of something. Spread out on a dish or in a glass. The film is almost invisible.

100mcg per hour.

They contain a fairly substantial amount of fentanyl. Certainly a visible amount.

Unfortunately @OP, I've only extracted fentanyl from the older versions of these patches (the ones containing a pouch of gel), so I don't have any guidance as far as extracting fentanyl from this new matrix type.

Years ago I would extract and inject the entire contents of the old 100mcg/hr duragesic patches, which was something like 16.8mg of fentanyl total. It was one of the few things that worked well to get through my daily 380mg/day of methadone. But it behaved more like a general anesthetic; sometimes I'd wake up on the floor.

If the OP can use an entire 100mcg/patch buccally then I'm not sure smoking little bits of fentanyl would be too satisfying.
That's fine, think about a 10 mg bump of methamphetamine, now smash it completely flat so that it evenly covers completely a glass or a small plate. Can't see it anymore. Can you?

So what you're saying is that even when you're wrong you're right 🤣🙏🏿
No they said it was 100 micrograms and 100 mcg is almost invisible. So is 10 mg spread out over whatever you're trying to evaporate it on.

I mean you can be a dick but it doesn't really matter.

Just like it's really fucking pathetic to try and extract fentanyl from analgesic patches and smoke it.

No they said it was 100 micrograms and 100 mcg is almost invisible. So is 10 mg spread out over whatever you're trying to evaporate it on.

Just like it's really fucking pathetic to try and extract fentanyl from analgesic patches and smoke it

Just like it's really fucking pathetic to try and extract fentanyl from analgesic patches and smoke it.

So
Don’t blame anyone except yourself for being pathetic!!!! You are now comparing Meth to Fentanyl and you definitely have no Fucking clue on what you’re talking about. I didn’t say anything when I read your ridiculous reply besides LMFAO. There is no such patch IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that only contains 100mcgs of Fentanyl. Stick to things you actually know about before you try and make a poster sound stupid. This is called Karma!!! In all honesty I would stick to what you know and not try and basically TROLL on people’s posts. 🤡😂

Last edited:
OHHH 100mics/hour! Well that's different.

I think my vape liquid idea might work, but to be honest I don't think you're gonna find it more effective than sticking a whole patch in your mouth. I hope you're in a position to take a bit of a break to get your tolerance down cos unfortunately I think that's your only realistic option - apart from the needle 😔
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking that it’s about that time to take a break. Fentanyl is just a destroyer of tolerance. What worries me is that since there’s so little known about it’s long term abuse that it could do permanent damage to your dopamine receptors like Brorphine.