• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help with coming off oxycodone. New withdrawal experience

Lostbeebabe

Bluelighter
hey! Im new here and have some questions about going cold turkey off oxycodone. I have had my on and off struggles. Most of the time, withdrawal is ruthless and nearly puts me over the edge. Then I discovered kratom which greatly helped. Except for one time when I must have took it too early and I could not stop the chills, cold sweats, hot flashes and such. I have been taking about 8 10mg oxycodone hydrochloride for about a month. 2 days ago I had my last pill. Normally within the first 12 hours I start to feel withdrawals coming on (the chills, goosebumps, chills and sweats). This time I haven’t felt much except extreme fatigue and some body aches. I have taken a little Xanax to help with anxiety. I have some kratom on hand, powder and pills. Im just wondering whats going on and why I am not feeling more of the worse withdrawal symptoms yet with it being 48 hours after last dose. Part of me wants to take some kratom to help get some good sleep and not feel this uneasiness but don’t want to go into precipitated withdrawals. What are your thoughts? Could I take some kratom tonight or will that bring on the chills and sweats?

I have never known kratom to induce precipitated withdrawal personally. Is that a real thing? Can anyone explain why that would happen? lol

If you're not feeling withdrawal heavily right now I would consider that a real blessing. The xanax could be helping you a lot more than you think it is. There's something special about oxy withdrawal that I personally find to mentally be the worst withdrawal from any opiate/opioid ever. Heroin definitely is a worse withdrawal physically for one to go through but oxy withdrawal feels primarily a mental battle.

I can't see why taking kratom right now would make you feel worse but until reading this post I did not know it was possible for kratom to even cause precipitated.

Yeah I didn’t really think it could cause it either, but it made my chills and sweets 10x worse. But that was only 1 time out of the 5 times that I have gone cold turkey.

I am feeling so lucky and blessed that I’m not feeling the regular goosebumps, sweats and chills. I normally have to take like 3-5 hot shower/baths a day just to get some relief.

Could the worse withdrawal be coming? or should it get better from here? I am 48 hours since my last dose of oxy. Thank you for all your help!

For me the timeline of symptoms is way more delayed than other folks. People feel the peak around day 3 (around 72 hours or so), but for me day 5 is the peak and beyond once my brain starts to switch to it's naturally depleted endorphins. If it gets worse I would just take kratom/a bit of benzos if you have more by that point anyway.

Kratom helps the withdrawal but it does prevent your brain from healing fully a bit. You prolong the crash just a little bit each time you take kratom but in my opinion it's always worth it to alleviate the severity of a wd by trading for a longer prolonged withdrawal that's just a little bit lesser. It's good that you can feel the kratom. A recent withdrawal at the beginning of the quarantine was so awful for me no amount of kratom could produce any change in sickness.

Thank you so much for all your support and advice! Im so hoping I got lucky somehow and avoided the goosebumps, sweats and chills!!

I'm glad :) You sound pretty new to the game or at least not too far down it. I know how enticing the feeling is personally but from watching and talking to people about the addiction I do objectively know that if you can make it a point to walk away right now and try to steer clear of it you'll be so grateful for it in the long run.

As so many people told me "you have no idea what's coming for you" and I shrugged it off because at the time my 2 percocet a day or so habit did not seem to be negatively impacting me in any way. But it drastically got worse before my eyes and I couldn't believe how much I was on at the end. There truly is no telling how much worse it will get. If you're one of the people that's able to mask being high and somehow dodge external consequences you can get away with it for a while, but it's your soul that really you have to worry about. Opiates steal your soul. You only at the end when you're finally clean and away from it all that you've realized how much you weren't really alive during those using time periods.

You are so right! It’s crazy how quick it can spiral. I went from taking a perc once every couple times a month to multiple in a day. It feels so good at the time but relying on something for that sucks. I just need to retrain my brain and how I think!

I’m feeling pretty meh and uncomfortable today. I took so kratom but am still feeling uncomfortable. I don’t want to take it a lot bc I know it’s just switching one for another but I want to get past this uncomfortable, restless, lethargic. I feel like I have no energy but to sit on the couch but even that is driving me insane! The thought of being active makes me want to cry but I think I need to push myself. It’s day 3 so hopeful it gets better from here and not worse. So so grateful that I don’t have the goosebumps and chills! I probably just need to suck it up and force myself to get up and do something

So I definitely think part of it is mental. I’m not feeling worse but the uncomfortableness is getting more unbearable. I think I’m thinking about it too much! I started to get the chills/sweats but I thinks that’s bc I’m thinking about it too much, plus it’s so hot outside and my bf keeps it so cold in the apartment, it’s down to 69 degrees in here. So I took a little piece of Xanax and making myself go on a walk. I haven’t taken any more of the red papau kratom than the 2-3g’s I took around 12.
Praying it gets better by the weekend so I can be normal around family for 4th of July

I'm glad :) You sound pretty new to the game or at least not too far down it. I know how enticing the feeling is personally but from watching and talking to people about the addiction I do objectively know that if you can make it a point to walk away right now and try to steer clear of it you'll be so grateful for it in the long run.

As so many people told me "you have no idea what's coming for you" and I shrugged it off because at the time my 2 percocet a day or so habit did not seem to be negatively impacting me in any way. But it drastically got worse before my eyes and I couldn't believe how much I was on at the end. There truly is no telling how much worse it will get. If you're one of the people that's able to mask being high and somehow dodge external consequences you can get away with it for a while, but it's your soul that really you have to worry about. Opiates steal your soul. You only at the end when you're finally clean and away from it all that you've realized how much you weren't really alive during those using time periods.
Woke up and still not feeling great. Getting a little hot flashes and chills but it’s mostly just lethargic and feeling like I want to crawl out of my skin. But it’s not as bad as other times, I just hope it doesn’t last too much longer.
I have kratom, loperamide, Xanax and weed. I don’t want to prolong withdrawal but would like some relief. Any suggestions

You're probably in the peak. It's not much longer before you feel "normalish" but still crappy. Bide the seconds, scream/cry, whatever--eventually this part passes. You'll feel a bit like a depressed robot for a bit here and there with tiny bits of anxiety waves and some normalized depression, but you will feel way better and you'll know when the peak is gone.

I suggest not relapsing at this point even if you're not sure about whether you can stay clean or not. You'll gain some relief and it'll be nice to feel normal again but the guilt from prolonging it is really not worth it. Take a little bit of lope and xanax when it gets supremely uncomfortable and smoke and you'll feel fine again. Benzos are great for opiate withdrawal--and I've personally never had an addictive affinity for benzos so I never had to worry about opening a new portal into another addiction with different rules and timelines.

Kratom helps but I 100% became hooked on kratom and started taking that everyday for 2 years. It's better than pills or heroin but believe me kratom addiction is not a good time either. I'm actually tapering off of suboxone right now from a prolonged kratom habit because the withdrawal became worse than oxy for me (against everyone's best advice). You'll feel better soon!

PS is this the first time you're going through a prominent withdrawal? Some incentive to stay clean lol--they get SO much worse. Each time you go through it it seems to be significantly worse than the last. There's no escaping the sickness unless you're absurdly wealthy and can afford a 20 year oxycodone habit. Everyone faces it at one point or another, and it is indeed legendary and soul-crushing. I still have psychological damage I feel like from the times I've gone through the sickness. It kind of never leaves you each time you go through it even if you blast it away with a good high. It gives me the chills to think about what it's like to withdraw. I hated every second of it.

Last edited:
You're probably in the peak. It's not much longer before you feel "normalish" but still crappy. Bide the seconds, scream/cry, whatever--eventually this part passes. You'll feel a bit like a depressed robot for a bit here and there with tiny bits of anxiety waves and some normalized depression, but you will feel way better and you'll know when the peak is gone.

I suggest not relapsing at this point even if you're not sure about whether you can stay clean or not. You'll gain some relief and it'll be nice to feel normal again but the guilt from prolonging it is really not worth it. Take a little bit of lope and xanax when it gets supremely uncomfortable and smoke and you'll feel fine again. Benzos are great for opiate withdrawal--and I've personally never had an addictive affinity for benzos so I never had to worry about opening a new portal into another addiction with different rules and timelines.

Kratom helps but I 100% became hooked on kratom and started taking that everyday for 2 years. It's better than pills or heroin but believe me kratom addiction is not a good time either. I'm actually tapering off of suboxone right now from a prolonged kratom habit because the withdrawal became worse than oxy for me (against everyone's best advice). You'll feel better soon!

PS is this the first time you're going through a prominent withdrawal? Some incentive to stay clean lol--they get SO much worse. Each time you go through it it seems to be significantly worse than the last. There's no escaping the sickness unless you're absurdly wealthy and can afford a 20 year oxycodone habit. Everyone faces it at one point or another, and it is indeed legendary and soul-crushing. I still have psychological damage I feel like from the times I've gone through the sickness. It kind of never leaves you each time you go through it even if you blast it away with a good high. It gives me the chills to think about what it's like to withdraw. I hated every second of it.
Sorry I missed this! I’ve been playing with the devil on and off for the past couple of months. Some months I’ll be fine and not do it at all but these past 3 months or so, it’s been more consistent. I have gone through withdrawal but each time it’s getting worse and worse! I posted this somewhere else but wanted to continue talking with you and seeking your advice!

Today marks a week from my last dose and I am still feeling awful, almost like it’s getting worse each day. I have been taking small amounts of kratom once or twice a day but trying not to get dependent on that. I’ve been taking some Xanax, smoking some weed, just took my day 2 of 18mg of lope.

shouldn’t I be past the worst part? Why does it feel like it’s only getting worse? I can’t give in and give up, I just don’t know what else to do! I’m praying I start to feel better this week as I have a big family event this weekend.

Any advice is welcome. Do I keep with the lope? Do I keep with the kratom? Could they be interacting badly causing me to feel worse? Should I just stop everything besides smoking weed? Need help!

The timeline for withdrawal is not consistent. Most people peak day 3 but my peak is somewhere around where you're at. Your brain and body are freaking out because they're having to resort to natural endorphins again which are temporarily depleted. You're definitely in the peak so it'll pass soonish. It's okay to use more benzos as comfort just as long as you forego them once the withdrawal starts to improve enough to function.

When it feels so horrible you can't stand it is when I took ativan to help me relax. I didn't experience any withdrawal from benzos after using a small amount daily to sleep and to counteract the anxiety. But most people would warn about benzo dependency. I knew that would never be an issue for me.

The timeline for withdrawal is not consistent. Most people peak day 3 but my peak is somewhere around where you're at. Your brain and body are freaking out because they're having to resort to natural endorphins again which are temporarily depleted. You're definitely in the peak so it'll pass soonish. It's okay to use more benzos as comfort just as long as you forego them once the withdrawal starts to improve enough to function.

When it feels so horrible you can't stand it is when I took ativan to help me relax. I didn't experience any withdrawal from benzos after using a small amount daily to sleep and to counteract the anxiety. But most people would warn about benzo dependency. I knew that would never be an issue for me.
Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it!

so I’m going to stop all the kratom, lope and Xanax once this withdrawal is over. I take Xanax periodically for anxiety but never daily (unless going through withdrawals).

hoping I’m over the peak. What would you suggest for the next couple of days in regards to taking more lope, kratom and Xanax? I just took 18mg of lope are 6 tonight and that was my 2nd day of doing that. I took about 3g’s of kratom this morning around 11:30/12. This is day 6 of kratom. So what would you suggest? And do you know when I would need to stop the lope and kratom to not get dependent and go through those withdrawals?

Lope has an absurd half life iirc -- or something like a god awful withdrawal? I'd rely on xanax more tbh. At worst if you used it for 2 weeks (in minimal doses just to feel okay) you'd only experience some rebound anxiety. Lope helps with the nausea aspect but I've never found it to help that much with any other qualities of withdrawing.

I used ativan daily for 2.5 weeks in small doses and all I noticed was a bit of anxiety afterwards. It was worth it considering there was no way I could've gone through it without it. Weed helps with withdrawal tremendously when you have a benzo in hand, because it calms you down when normally in wd it can cause anxiety to smoke without the xanax. I'd try to cut back on the lope actually.

Edit: Just want to be clear that most would advice against benzo use. Most bluelighters are addicted to benzos from what I gather or somehow find them to be as enjoyable as we probably find opioids to be. If you're like me though and find no mental thrill in becoming a fearless zombie then benzo dependency won't become an issue. You just don't want to be taking 4 milligrams of xanax a day though lol.

Last edited:
Weed helped me massively when I was coming off oxy. Benzos can obviously help too, mostly to numb you to the mental withdrawal and help you sleep, just watch you don't switch one habit for another - very easy to do!

I recommend sticking to weed and kratom if possible. Use benzos in emergencies only if you can and set a limit on benzo use i.e. after two weeks you will stop and stick to that.

As for kratom causing precipitated withdrawals, never heard that before either but kratom is a partial agonist like bupe so it does kinda make sense. But kratom has much much less binding affinity to the ol' opioid receptors than bupe does. Weird one.

Anyway 18mg lope is potentially dangerous for your heart and probably not helping as much as you think. I recommend sticking to normal doses of lope (2mg every few hours if needed), taking as much kratom as you need to feel straight, then slowly tapering down from the kratom which will be much much easier on you than CT oxy.

Sending another cry for help!! Does it really get better? Im on day 9 (last dose Monday June 29). My withdrawal symptoms have gone down but I still have this skin crawling uncomfortable feeling that I just can’t shake. I will get the goosebumps and cold sweats from time to time still too. My anxiety is through the roof.

I took some lope (18mg) around day 5 and 6 (I think) then stopped. I have Been taking 3g’s of kratom here and there. As well as Xanax and weed. So I have the comfort meds but no comfort.

Any help, advice or words of encouragement would be much appreciated!

Yes it gets better soon. You'll wake up one day and be surprised you feel okayish finally. Most of the work is in the past imo. I don't know you're using history though, but for long term users obviously if you cold turkey it after an entire year of daily use the sickness lasts a much longer time than two weeks for some.

Day 14 of 50-60 mg a day oxycodone withdrawal, on and off for years. Feel completely hopeless, just lay in bed all day...no interest in anything, no excitement or positive feelings.

The actual initial withdrawal wasn’t so bad. Not great but I got through it. But this PAWS man, wow. I feel like someone vacuumed out my soul.

Does it really get easier? If so, when? I exercise and eat reasonably well. Have a great life, family, and make good money. Just can’t help but feel sorry for myself right now, even though I know this is what I need to be doing.

Day 14 of 50-60 mg a day oxycodone withdrawal, on and off for years. Feel completely hopeless, just lay in bed all day...no interest in anything, no excitement or positive feelings.

The actual initial withdrawal wasn’t so bad. Not great but I got through it. But this PAWS man, wow. I feel like someone vacuumed out my soul.

Does it really get easier? If so, when? I exercise and eat reasonably well. Have a great life, family, and make good money. Just can’t help but feel sorry for myself right now, even though I know this is what I need to be doing.
It'll keep getting better with time trust me. 2 weeks isnt that long. You may experience some PAWS for a few months but I dont think it will stay as bad as it is now.

Im in pretty much the same boat. Day 12 for me of a pretty beastly heroin habit 1-2 grams a day, which is kinda a lot. I feel pretty similar like soulless. Granted most then acute WD symptoms are gone, I still just feel off and it sucks. Ive been through this before though and can say with certainty it does and will get better. It will be worth it in the long run.

I’m on day 11 and am finally starting to feel a little less uncomfortable! Im still taking some kratom and Xanax here and there to help with some lingering effects but only in small doses and not daily/repeatedly.

I feel similar to you right now as soulless. It seems like everything is better on oxy... washing dishes, watching tv, etc. but it does steal a huge part of your life. Looking back now I’m realizing I am dealing with a bigger addiction issue than just having a couple fun times here and there. I ruined thanksgivings, birthdays and trips bc I’ve been too sick or feeling off (going through w/d’s)

My friend went through something similar a couple years ago and I finally reached out and told her what was going on with me. She gave me great advice and truly guaranteed me that life does get better.

To help with the lifeless, souless part of this PAWS, she gave me some advice. She told me to take this DIM natural supplement from amazon, said it really helped her with energy and feeling more positive. She also suggested this stuff called “mood juice” from this website organic Olivia. I can send links if you are interested. I just started with the DIM today and will give you an update if I feel like it’s making a positive impact