• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe help with a short term iv suboxone taper off of oxy and h

agarttha

Greenlighter
Hi. I just spent about 6 months using increasingly large amounts of iv H--mostly ECP, about a bundle a day at the height, and later black tar, something like a gram a week). I'd say it was about a $60/day habit. I switched over to oxy IR, snorted, and used around 120 mg/day for about a week. since then i've transitioned to suboxone in an attempt to taper off the opiates completely. i have a limited amount, so I have been IVing it. I don't have a micron filter, but the relatively small amounts I'm doing, fairly diluted, and the short amount of time I plan to be doing this hopefully means I'm not hurting myself too much by using this ROA.

Anyway, since most taper schedules posted online refer to sublingual doses, I'm a little confused about how far along in my taper I am. at the moment approx 1 mg (or slightly less, say 0.8) holds me for a day, though I'm not sure if that's because of how much sub has accumulated in my system. So far I've been off all full agonist opiates for a full week, have gone through about 2 sub strips, and for the past 2 days have been IVing approx 1 mg daily, which is holding me pretty well (though not getting me high at all). I only have 6 mg of sub left. any tips on completing my taper? Should I try to drop down very gradually, and use up the rest of my sub, or try and drop as quickly as possible (say, .75 tomorrow, .5 the next day, .25 the next, and then jump?)

any help at all will be appreciated. I've got a job interview next week as well, so I might double my dose that day or at least not drop on that day.

Thanks

Slippery slope bro, I did what you did and ended up picking subs up instead of b, it becomes the same type of habit once you iv them enough

1mg iv is equal to about 2-3mg snorted or 3-4mg under the tongue

The half life of buprenorphine is around 37 hours despite the effects tapering off around the 12-24hr mark (it binds to plasma in your blood thus "deactivating" it but not really, since your body still has to deal with it

If you're gonna do this, with the strips, it starts fucking up your lungs after a while just like shooting dope, that stickyness of the strip basically coats the inside of your lungs after a while (think about that)

Wash your hands and the cooker every single time and try to touch the strips as little as possible, using a fresh syringe every time. I iv'd for years and barely any track marks due to good careful procedure, until I hung myself out to dry with barely any cash picking up quarters and halves of subs a day and reusing the same syringne over and over until it actually broke off in my arm twice (I was able to retrieve it carefully with some pincers)

So sooooo fucking gnarly, bro, I would switch to sublingual asap. And give yourself time as much time as possible between doses, there's nothing wrong or shameful about stretching out the time between doses, otherwise you're truely doing yourself a disservice and end up with a habit harder to kick than the oxy

I'm proud to say im 3.5 months off shooting subs, hardest kick of my life it took about 2 months before I felt any semblance of normality and I still have residual rls/neurological issues from it

Pls be careful and don't hesitate to post back if you have any questions from someone that's been thru that

Slippery slope bro, I did what you did and ended up picking subs up instead of b, it becomes the same type of habit once you iv them enough

1mg iv is equal to about 2-3mg snorted or 3-4mg under the tongue

The half life of buprenorphine is around 37 hours despite the effects tapering off around the 12-24hr mark (it binds to plasma in your blood thus "deactivating" it but not really, since your body still has to deal with it

If you're gonna do this, with the strips, it starts fucking up your lungs after a while just like shooting dope, that stickyness of the strip basically coats the inside of your lungs after a while (think about that)

Wash your hands and the cooker every single time and try to touch the strips as little as possible, using a fresh syringe every time. I iv'd for years and barely any track marks due to good careful procedure, until I hung myself out to dry with barely any cash picking up quarters and halves of subs a day and reusing the same syringne over and over until it actually broke off in my arm twice (I was able to retrieve it carefully with some pincers)

So sooooo fucking gnarly, bro, I would switch to sublingual asap. And give yourself time as much time as possible between doses, there's nothing wrong or shameful about stretching out the time between doses, otherwise you're truely doing yourself a disservice and end up with a habit harder to kick than the oxy

I'm proud to say im 3.5 months off shooting subs, hardest kick of my life it took about 2 months before I felt any semblance of normality and I still have residual rls/neurological issues from it

Pls be careful and don't hesitate to post back if you have any questions from someone that's been thru that

How long were you on the subs, and were you trying to taper down? What kinda IV doses were you taking? I'm hoping if I taper down and don't use more than the rest of this strip (5 mg left) I won't get hooked to the sub and will face minimal WD symptoms.

I dunno, about almost 18 months. I tried to quit three different times and made it about a month until finally being able to stop. 0.5-1.5mg shots, sometimes twice or three times a day.

I tried tapering but it's very hard to taper iv'ing it. In the end I just jumped Ct from the about 1-2mg a day.

I was definitely abusing it in the worst way, I wish u all the best

It didn't--I'm shooting 2-3 mg/day now. still plan to taper off eventually, but life has been getting in the way. i'm gonna try to stick to my current dose until i get things in order in other areas of my life and then do a slowish taper.