• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP! Wisdom Teeth Recovery Question

InsaneReality

Greenlighter
Hello! So I am a cigarette smoker as well as cannabis but I'm curious as to if I can smoke if I inhale very lightly, I've done the gauze thing and it makes me want to puke lol. I got all four wisdom teeth removed yesterday at 1 pm its now 11 pm the next day and I'm like going through withdrawal, any suggestions? Like literally I'd punch a baby for a cigarette right now.

I smoked about a day after getting them out no issues, like you said just sucked very lightly. But then again my doctor did a really good job and I barely felt any pain and they healed in like 3 days.. So I would go based off of how they feel and if they seem to be healing and in good condition i would sneak 2-3 cigarettes in a day till you're better. or you could Dip

I smoked after gettin wisdom teeth removed. I just made sure to have gauze in to help keep the clots in place.

If you find that the mechanism if sucking in/inhaling it's painful or uncomfortable, grab a nicotine patch for now at least. I know it doesn't satisfy the actual physical action of smoking, hand to mouth, but it will put nicotine into your system amd at least help with the irritability that comes when this urge isn't satisfied. Im holding a lit cigarette as I type this, so please don't think me the Quit Police lol, but perhaps consider taking the opportunity to quit. I has gotten sooooo sick I couldn't smoke cigarettes, but used lozenges.... Wish I had just quit :/

Sorry I don't have advice for the green.

Just be careful, the others have noted this, and be aware. Good luck ans hope you heal fast! Peace.
P.S. Don't "dip" :/

If you haven't figured out your situation yet OP, I agree 100% with ABetterWay. If your doctor did a decent job, you should be fine to smoke, but trust me when I say you'll hate yourself in the off chance you lose your stitches and end up with a dry socket.