• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help, will meth help comnbat opioid wd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beccabb

Greenlighter
I am trying to get off heroin, I have been using for about two and a half years and I am just so over the lifestyle, waking up sick every morning, waiting to get more so I can just feel normal... So I was wondering I've seen a lot of people say that methanphetamine has helped them get off of it with barely any pain or anything and I've done suboxone before and that has helped me I am curious if I do meth to get through the 24 hours I have to wait before taking my sub and then take my sub will it not work or will something bad happen if I mix the two? If so which one has helped you more with the pain and everything? I need to start withdrawing veryyy soon so please help me out.

You dont want to do this. Opiate withdrawal already causes anxiety, sleep issues, restless legs and many other thing meth can exacerbate. Plus you very well may be trading one for the other. Stay strong for 24 hours. You can do it.

Using methamphetamine to get off H is a horrible idea in my opinion brother. Get yourself some long acting benzo such as valium or klonopin and use the minimum amount to combat the opiate withdrawl. Also Get some kratom and kava root as well those two things will definitely help. You're gonna have to go through some hell to get out of your situation even with all these things.

You can do it though, just imagine not having to wake up sick everyday and not having to go on a hunt for your fix. Life heroin free will be amazing just focus on the future and remember that you will get through this, just as many others have! If you ever feel like you need a little help me and hundreds of others are here to comfort you in your endeavor.

It's a lot easier to quit when the psychological urge to keep using opiates is diminished- If you're in that state of mind at the moment, it might be a good time to jump off. Maybe schedule a quick taper if you think that will help. I recommend having something around for the aches and restless legs, but in 7-10 days you should be through the worst of it. By 2-3 weeks you'll start realising that you've got a bit of free time, maybe a bit of extra money. I think people often don't know what to do with it and can revert back to old habits rather than adjust to something new, which can take a bit of time.

Subs are an option if you want to maintain an opioid feeling that is more manageable than heroin, but the withdrawals from that are horrible and really, it's just trading one opioid for another. I see far more posts on this site from people looking to get off buprenorphine than heroin. Even kratom seems to be gaining a significant following..

Meth has a way of making time fly, so people do sometimes use it in withdrawal to occupy themselves with other things, take their mind off the situation, but as stated, it amplifies the physical symptoms and can precipitate strong cravings for opiates, so it can be equally counter-productive.

Good luck.

I have never used meth, but I have done stimulants like coke and amphetamine(Adderall) while withdrawing from opioids and bupe. And no it made things so much worse with the withdrawls, I don't know about meth since its so long acting compared to the stims I have done, but I don't think any stimulant is going to help at all. Benzos however, will help a lot. Especially long acting ones like valium and klonopin. maybe a little weed too. Stimulants are probably the last thing I would want to do withdrawing from any kind of opioid.

You could try Kratom too. A lot of what I have read, people had success using it to get off harder opiates. But be careful, because it can turn into an addiction in itself too.

I would imagine detoxing while on meth to be hell. The mental part is the worst imo and to add a stim. I wouldn't. Benzos and loperamide and Kratom should help. But be careful not to trade addictions

WHOA!!! Perhaps the OP conflated meth with methadone. I've seen it done many times.

OP - did you mean methadone or methamphetamine?

methadone might be for you. If you're in the US check out samhsa.gov for provider info and typical rules. It's more demanding than bupe treatment, but it's the gold standard.

Best.

I assume you have the answer you were looking for, but man I can only imagine the feeling of trying to detox while using meth!

I started using crack after the first 5 days of heroin withdrawal, and it helped with awful feeling of nothingness. Where you can't get enjoyment from anything. I now use crack regularly but not daily, so I I I'm addicted but it's not the same as H. I honestly would have gone back to H without the crack so for me personally it's the lesser of 2 evils but I've had to accept that I'll probably never be sober. Not ideal and wouldn't recommend it to any one, it comes down your own situation and what you want out of life. I'm 37 and married, we know having kids or a normal life just isn't for us and were fine with that. If in your head your picturing some sort of regular life, then swapping H for meth or crack or whatever then you need to be honest with yourself. BTW I did a quick taper with subs, about a week.

I got warned for answering a similar topic so I'll moderate myself this time, but for the sake of access to information I'll do it. Dopamine overwrites everything, it's the primary mechanism. People suffering from extreme schizophrenia who have high levels of dopamine enjoy cutting their fingers off and even squishing in their eye balls to pulp, when asked why they did it, they answer that it felt amazing.

I don't care how terrible heroin withdrawals make you feel, a sufficient increase in dopamine can turn any discomfort into pleasure. It's just how the brain works, science says it, not KSA. I guess, the guidelines for harm reduction say not to use amphetamines to overcome opioid withdrawals, so in order to comply to forum guidelines my advice is not to use amphetamines, provided you have read and understood the above.

I'll compare H withdrawals to injecting naloxone. If the nervous system is activated by adrenaline and naloxone, the result is a suffering worse then Heroin withdrawal. However, if central adrenaline is lowered with clonidine or intuniv, and the nervous system is activated by naloxone and dopamine alone, dopamine will override naloxone's discomfort as pleasure, provided that adrenaline and serotonin do not increase too much. If serotonin also increases with dopamine and naloxone, the nervous system can overload and problems can occur. However, since serotonin decreases during withdrawals, before you have to worry about it getting too high, withdrawals would have been long gone.

However, if too much clonidine or intuniv is taken, and adrenaline drops too much while naloxone and dopamine increase greatly, the heart can stop due to a lack of signal from the brain. Then, an adrenaline injection to the heart would be required to restart the heart combined with cpr. So, while improving the withdrawal symptoms using methamphetamine is possible in combination with clonidine/intuniv, reducing adrenaline to the point of feeling dopamine euphoria will stop the heart, so in order to ensure your organs keep running, adrenaline should only be lowered to a point where you still feel a slight discomfort, because it is that discomfort that actually keeps the organs running properly during H withdrawal.

Measuring neurotransmitter levels can be done by drinking cold water and noticing what it feels like. If it feels like drinking shampoo or soapy water, leaving an overwhelming soap aftertaste, both adrenaline and serotonin are dangerously high. If it causes a painful aching in the mouth and throat to the point of discouraging you of having another glass, serotonin levels are normal and adrenaline levels are dangerously high. If you cannot feel the cold water in your mouth and throat despite it being cold, or you feel it as warm, adrenaline levels are dangerously low and you are close to death. Don't attempt anything on your own if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:
I don't care how terrible heroin withdrawals make you feel, a sufficient increase in dopamine can turn any discomfort into pleasure. It's just how the brain works, science says it, not KSA.

I disagree. An increase in dopamine via stimulants will turn any discomfort into an agonizing, hellish experience! Your CNS is in hyperdrive when in WD, this is what causes a lot of the WD symptoms, add a stimulant to that and you're only going to increase the hyper activity, and subsequently increase the WD symptoms.

Unless you want to exacerbate your WD symptoms, Stay away from stimulants while in WD.

Answered. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.