• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help! What would you do? (Methadone taper)

FindingPeace

Greenlighter
I have come to the point in my life that I am finally ready to quit all opiates once and for all. After abusing everything I could get my hands on for the past 2 1/2 years I have been maintaining on PST for the past 6 months. I did enjoy the Tea for while, but at this point I cannot stand it, and the side effects are becoming unbearable.

Yesterday was my last Tea dose around 9pm

Today I got my hands on #20 10mg Methadone tabs.

I plan on doing a very quick methadone taper to avoid any acute physical symptoms from the Tea. I have done this twice in the past with great success but I also had more methadone on hand those times. Opiates are ruining my marriage and I'm ready to finally stay clean this time.

So I have 2 questions:
1. How would you split up the methadone pills?
2. What day would you start the methadone? (is it smart to let the WD's begin? or start the Methadone before any WD occurs?)

Right now my plan is:

Day1: 0mg (today)
Day2: 70mg
Day3: 90mg
Day4: 10mg
Day5: 0mg
Day6: 10mg

Then save 20mg for emergency backup reserve (hopefully will not need it)

So I would like to hear from some of you experienced vets...How does my taper sound? What would you do? Would it be smart to start my 70mg today? or should i let the WD's set in first? ( I feel fine so far today)

I have experienced CT withdrawal from Hydrocodone before and I am absolutely TERRIFIED to go thru that again. I can't.
Thanks!!!!!
and be nice I'm new ;)

What is your tolerance? You don't need those high doses, dang. Remember , methadone is ER, so you'll still have a buildup in your system, and that's what helps me sleep at night whe doing a taper.

When I taper:

Day 1 ..20mg AM - 10mg PM

Day 2 .. 10mg AM - 10mg PM

Day 3 .. 10mg AM - 10mg PM

Day 4: .. 10mg AM - 10mg PM

Day 5: .. 5mg AM - 5mg PM

That's just what I mostly do on a week taper. I still have some what of a runny nose the 1st and 2nd day, though, but refuse to increase my dose. I don't dose at night either.
To me, taking a huge dose isn't going to help more if you're tapering. Everyone is different, and you have to find your sweet spot. Just don't do a quick taper without attending NA, or avoiding triggers.

Good luck.

Thanks!!

Tolerance is pretty high
Going thru 5-10lbs of the most potent seeds I have found every day which I would roughly put in the ball park of 300mg of Morphine or so.
I can eat 200mg of Hydro or rail 20mg of Dilaudid without feeling much at all.

I realize that I will be high for the first 3 or so days which I was kinda looking forward to :)

What bout the other half of my question: Should I let my self begin to withdrawal before I take any methadone? Or start now?

Avoiding Tea will be easy for me. I'm so freekin sick of it. Avoiding other opiates will be my trouble.

Damn....methadone for poppy seed tea? That's a tad extreme don't you think? If you take 90mg of methadone after only using poppy seed tea it is going to knock you on your ass, maybe even possible OD. I think you should stretch this out WAY longer.

Idk ^ he has been thru hydrocodone withdrawal before and seems to be a pretty common user of opiates even if it is PST. I doubt overdose would happen but maybe take 40-50 mg of the 'Done and adjust accordingly OP