• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

help using Kratom during withdrawal!!

dumb_luck16

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting on a forum and I have read a lot of posts from here but none are really giving a definite answer for my questions. My situation is been using opiates (oxycodone, perc, and vicodin) basically every day for the last 2 years. I have stayed about a steady 30-50 MG per day mostly insufflating. I have tried a few times to quit but havent had the willpower to get through the withdrawal. Based on others accounts I know that my withdrawal symptoms aren't nearly as bad as some others, but nonetheless still moderate. I have decided to quit for good and use Kratom as a tool to do so. So here are my questions.

1. What is the appropriate dose of Kratom to take for this level of habit? I took about 11g worth of capsules in a 12 hour period to get through work, is this too much in that amount of time?

2. Most importantly, how many days can I take Kratom before it will cause withdrawals after stopping it? Would 4 or 5 days be too many? I only plan to use it to get through the most severe of withdrawal and then quit taking everything.

Anything else I would need to know about using Kratom or anything in general about staying clean would be helpful. I quit taking opiates about 50 hours ago.
I also have a couple Xanax to help with anxiety.

This is my first time posting so if anything is wrong or not allowed i apologize. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
That seems like a lot of capsules to swallow. Is it helping with your withdrawals? You can check out our Sober Living forum where you will find amazing support: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living
What I would do is wait until you want to sleep at night to use the Xanax. If you've got a couple days clean, I'm hoping you're almost there. Also you may want to edit the swim from your post as it's not allowed. Wish you luck! (Moving to BDD)

Thanks for your reply. The xanax is only being used at night to sleep. Hoping to stop the Kratom in the morning but had to take something to be able to get through this week's 3 12 hour shifts and not feel like crap. So hopefully from here on out the physically symptoms will be mostly gone. The Kratos has been helping a lot actually, and the dosage was reduced. Decided that emptying a few capsules was a better option than swallowing a ton of them. I will check out the sober living forum thank you!!!