• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids [Help] Urinary retention after smoking heroin, anybody know of any good diuretics to help counter opiate induced urinary retention?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I already made a post about this but this post is more about diuretics to help you urinate as opposed to methods you can use.

I have Aquaban which (I think?) has worked a couple of times but I aren't sure. Does anybody know of any other substances I could use?

I've seen that things like Dandelion, Horsetail, black tea, stinging nettle root, garlic, parsley and other things can work. Can anybody vouch for these herbal options? Does anybody know of anything specific that helps combat opiate induced urinary retention specifically?

Methods like running the tap, standing in a hot shower and so forth don't work for me. I've needed a pee for hours now but I didn't drink loads so it's not super bad but I am thirsty and would like to piss again so I can smoke some more:/

If anybody has used any diuretics like the ones I've mentioned or anything else similar that works then let me know please, thank you for your time and thanks in advance for any info!

When the dosage is a little high I get that difficulty too, if you wanna take diuretics go on but my solution is just to relax and it gets done, don't put any stress on it and fully relax it should work (at least for me it does).

I wouldn't reccomend diuretics.

Your issue is that the heroin is relaxing a urinary sphinctor that you need to contract to urinate, and the signals from your brain and body are being overpowered by the dope.

Taking a diuretic will cause your kidneys to produce more urine. While having a fuller bladder will send more signals to your nerves to pee, it is not a gaurantee to work, and will make your problem much worse if you can't pee with regard to strain on the bladder and kidneys.

My advice would be to just let yourself enter wds at least until you can pee before resisting again. Make sure you aren't taking any other drugs that make it hard to pee as well (especially anticholinergic drugs like the gen1 antihistamines or antipsychotics or tricyclics).