• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help tolerance extremely high, everything can't be bunk can it??? Help

satuttle

Greenlighter
Maybe someone can offer me some information on my situation. For the past several month I have been doing a daily cocktail of meth and H. Seems as though I have hit some kind of ceiling. I don't seem to be feeling the affects of either one very much actually not at all just keeps me from getting sick. Also I have a pretty good idea that my H is either cut with Fent. or quite possibly carfent. Not to long ago it was so strong that I ODed on less than 0.05g. After that I was extremely careful on the amount I done because it was putting me out could not function. However seems like my tolerance has come on quick. Thinking that it could be the source I have scored from several sources all reputable sources for usually good stuff not the best but not junk. I don't feel any of it went as high as 0.5g in one shot nothing but a low grade headache that felt funny. Does anybody know what is going on with me. I hate spending all this money just to keep from WD and no buzz.

Just to give a little history on myself. I have a 20 year opiate addiction that seems to be impossible to kick. Back in the day before the formula was changed I functioned on 10-12 OC 80's mixed with xanax daily for an extremely long time. At least two years till I got locked up. Luckily I had wended myself down after the formula change and they became impossible to get. After a 26 month rip I got out managed to stay clean for a couple of months except for alcohol. Then drunk one night this lady talked me into scoring some H. Of course I knew this was a very bad idea and I told her this is my last clean day. I can't do it once and quit. I was so fucking stupid that night and I'm still paying. Of course tolerance sky rocketed in a short time and was in the cycle of just maintaining.

Then the new source comes into the picture. Wake up looking at paramedics with IV in jugular. They had given me three shots just to get me back and it didn't even put me into WD. Stupidly I stuck with the new source very carefully of course because I could not function on it, but I was getting high again. Now I am up to this problem as explained above. My source is afraid I'm going to OD cause he says nobody else is doing it like I am(large quantities). I have tried all possible sources and nothing super high doses.

Am I killing myself? What is going on? I hope someone can offer some information on my situation and maybe a possible avenue of help other than detox. I have to work and frankly I don't know if I can handle another detox cold turkey. They have gotten progressively worse each time. Just seems like I'm screwed with nowhere but down to go. HARD!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:
sounds like you've just got a huge tolerance. the only things to fix it are much higher doses or a break - i recommend the latter!

maybe instead of chasing a high that you're never gonna get, try decreasing the amount youre using (and preferably switching to methadone/bupe) to minimise withdrawals so you can get your tolerance down.

sounds like at the minute you're just pushing your tolerance up more, risking OD and trashing your veins.

Yeah I don't want to tell you what you already know but I am.
Your tolerance is going nowhere but up and the more you use the worse it's going to get. Get on methadone and take a break for a while or risk dying everyday.

Your choice

You obviously aren't ready to stop, so I will suggest that you get on methadone maintenance...It will give you your life back on a daily...and you can strategically plan your next move without WD interference. You can do it..IF you want to.

OP, I would definitely familiarize yourself with an increasingly more intense withdrawal syndrome following each cycle of dependence/abstinene, as that's more or less how this thing works. "The Kindling Effect" is the term most often used in the medical community to refer to the phenomenon of increasingly intense withdrawal, but is more well-known and studied in users of sedative/hypnotic drugs including Ethyl Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates, than in users of Opioids. I can tell you though, that if my life experience is any sort of benchmark, the phenomenon is very real.

I think it might be a good idea to get hooked up with some kind of service that might help you transition through the more intense, acute stage of drug cessation. This could be a detox facility, an outpatient maintenance program, hospitalization or some combination of these. If you need help finding the right people in your area, send me a private message and we will figure it out.