• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help think may have taken too much methadone

SC710

Greenlighter
I took a total of 5mg I have little to no opiate tolerance,2.5 at 3 yesterday and 2.5 at like 9 at night and now I'm not feeling good but I did dab out how long will the effects last? I really am not feeling good I regret taking them.

mate i can assure you , that your going to be fine 5mg methadone wouldnt kill someone that hasnt ever had an opiate in there whole life , my partner is non tolerant and i give her 15-20mg once a month and shes fine she weighs 55kg , have warm not hot shower and watch a movie or something relaxing even just read through some inerestring stuff on bluelight , the more you think something bad is gonna happend the more worst you will feel ,just try relaxing dude , do you have any benzos take a small amount , like 2 or 5mg valium i think your having an anxiety attack

advising an opiate naive person to add benzos on top of methadone is terrible and dangerous advice. Pretty much one of the most dangerous OD combos on the planet.

My take is that you may just be getting sick with a real illness. What are your other symptoms?

i never said BENZOS , i said 2mg diazepam . and that isnt gonna cause respiratory deppression , hes saying he took 2.5mg methadone one day and and 2.5 the next day , ive done my research and that amount isnt going to make anyone OD even if they do take 2mg diazepam 24hours after taking 2.5mg methadone . i totally understand where your coming from but what i advised isnt gonna make him OD

Last edited:
i think your coming down with something totally unrelated to methadone , should go to the hospital and find out what it is

diazepam is a benzo.

5mg methadone is not enough to make you OD. I think maybe you just got a little paranoid from your dab and are just psyching yourself out.

i never said BENZOS , i said 2mg diazepam . and that isnt gonna cause respiratory deppression , hes saying he took 2.5mg methadone one day and and 2.5 the next day , ive done my research and that amount isnt going to make anyone OD even if they do take 2mg diazepam 24hours after taking 2.5mg methadone . i totally understand where your coming from but what i advised isnt gonna make him OD

What you have said here is pretty spot on imo. But people have varied reactions to drugs. Your still advising them to take a ruthless combination. Benzos and methadone may have probably claimed more BLrs then any other combo. Methadone is a pretty significant drug. Its a full opiate agonist. Its an nmda antagonist. and effects the reuptake of both serotonin and adrenalin.

I get the panic attack approach. But shivering is not a symptom of a panic attack that im aware of. Advising someone naive to methadone to add on a benzo under an quick assumption based of less then solid reasoning does not seem like the best advice we can give this person.

What you have said here is pretty spot on imo. But people have varied reactions to drugs. Your still advising them to take a ruthless combination. Benzos and methadone may have probably claimed more BLrs then any other combo. Methadone is a pretty significant drug. Its a full opiate agonist. Its an nmda antagonist. and effects the reuptake of both serotonin and adrenalin.

I get the panic attack approach. But shivering is not a symptom of a panic attack that im aware of. Advising someone naive to methadone to add on a benzo under an quick assumption based of less then solid reasoning does not seem like the best advice we can give this person.

okay sorry for advising to take 2mg diazepam , i didnt know that is lethal/deadly thank you for advising me

It's just not a good thing to recommend without a disclaimer in case they get more into methadone in the future. It's definitely a bad habit. I used to do it all the time but combine it with other opioids and the amount of times I started to nod out and woke up in a semi panic not being able to breathe and gasping for air and then having to use all my effort to force myself to start moving and force myself to breathe... Bad memories. I was so foolish.

Thanks to everyone that replied, I was having an anxiety attack which I do often, but this was now where near my first time taking and opiate or metbadone, but methadone definitly isn't my favorite.

Thank you, that is some terrible advice, and I'm not opiate naive I've actually been taking a lot of hydro which is part of the reason I was wondering why I was so high. But in the end it's all anxiety

mate i can assure you , that your going to be fine 5mg methadone wouldnt kill someone that hasnt ever had an opiate in there whole life , my partner is non tolerant and i give her 15-20mg once a month and shes fine she weighs 55kg , have warm not hot shower and watch a movie or something relaxing even just read through some inerestring stuff on bluelight , the more you think something bad is gonna happend the more worst you will feel ,just try relaxing dude , do you have any benzos take a small amount , like 2 or 5mg valium i think your having an anxiety attack

Thank you! I have bad anxiety problems and that would be the culprit, and I would never expect to I'd on 5mg but i did not feel well at all. And was scared

Thank you! I have bad anxiety problems and that would be the culprit, and I would never expect to I'd on 5mg but i did not feel well at all. And was scared

But as he said don't advise someone in methadone to take benzos this is a very dangerous combo which I have done in the past

I took a total of 5mg I have little to no opiate tolerance,2.5 at 3 yesterday and 2.5 at like 9 at night and now I'm not feeling good but I did dab out how long will the effects last? I really am not feeling good I regret taking them.

Thank you, that is some terrible advice, and I'm not opiate naive I've actually been taking a lot of hydro which is part of the reason I was wondering why I was so high. But in the end it's all anxiety

I'm nto rolling at you as communication is hard, esp text style in between strangers. I guess we were all trying to help you out in the best way we could.

I have lost three friends dead to that cambo. It may not have given the correct advice to you. But calling it terrible advice goes overboard imo. I have a strong personal background with mixing benzos and methadone. In my experience it will not lead anyone to a place they want to end up and it takes so many people. That's just my opinion and you can do whatever with it. Anxiety indicates and drives us to address something in our lives. Chemicals can provide a welcome temp relief. But they are no place to try and dwell.

EDIT: since your such a experienced synergist.. When I jumped my misery I was taking 150 mgpd methadone, 260 mgpd oxy and 6 mgpd xan. That's just what was prescribed. But man you seem to have figured it all out.

Last edited:
But as he said don't advise someone in methadone to take benzos this is a very dangerous combo which I have done in the past

Its all good man , again I'm sorry . I didn't know 5mg methadone and 2mg diazepam was a lethal combo , so readers be aware even a dose as low as this will kill you

Given you didn't even know that diazepam was a benzo im not sure id put so much stock in your advice.

EDIT: here is a study about the subject of benzo opiate combos. No matter what advising a person who has posted a thread about possible methadone overdose, or possible bad reaction to the drug to take a benzo is not a good idea. PERIOD. There is allot more to think about besides just respiratory depression.

List methadone side effects by likelihood and severity

Polydrug abuse: A review of opioid and benzodiazepine combination use

Last edited:
Given you didn't even know that diazepam was a benzo im not sure id put so much stock in your advice.

EDIT: here is a study about the subject of benzo opiate combos. No matter what advising a person who has posted a thread about possible methadone overdose, or possible bad reaction to the drug to take a benzo is not a good idea. PERIOD. There is allot more to think about besides just respiratory depression.

List methadone side effects by likelihood and severity

Polydrug abuse: A review of opioid and benzodiazepine combination use

you said i advised him to take BENZO'S meaning more then ONE , or a combination which i never did . and i know every benzo there is out there . the only reason i said i never said to take BENZO'S was because i didnt . i did say to take A benzo yes. but not BENZO'S. but i do understand where your coming from .sorry dude wont happen again

Last edited:
you said i advised him to take BENZO'S meaning more then ONE , or a combination which i never did . and i know every benzo there is out there . the only reason i said i never said to take BENZO'S was because i didnt . i did say to take A benzo yes. but not BENZO'S. but i do understand where your coming from .sorry dude wont happen again

Dude stop. There's no need to bicker. You're right in saying that 2mg of Diazepam in conjunction with the given dosage of Methadone isn't going to kill, but the combination of Opioids and Benzodiazepines is dangerous enough to warrant a disclaimer whenever it is mentioned. Methadone is especially dangerous due to the deceptively long onset and duration of effect. Especially considering the OP has minimal experience with the drug, no one was out of line in advising him to use caution.

OP, I know you're fine now, but for future reference, an inexperienced user can expect the effects of Methadone to peak at about the 3 hour mark and last for the better part of a day. You could very well have just become ill with something independently of the drug and it's also a possibility that you just experience some negative effects typical of opioid use in non-tolerant individuals.

Drderms, just so you know, the nature of the English language and the way we speak it will sometimes lead to difference in semantics from person to person. One wouldn't say "Don't mix Methadone and Benzodiazepine". You'll find that whether or not people use the plural form, the idea is essentially the same. Let's direct our energies into constructive HR dialogue instead of arguing over piddly shit.

Last edited:
Dude stop. There's no need to bicker. You're right in saying that 2mg of Diazepam in conjunction with the given dosage of Methadone isn't going to kill, but the combination of Opioids and Benzodiazepines is dangerous enough to warrant a disclaimer whenever it is mentioned. Methadone is especially dangerous due to the deceptively long onset and duration of effect. Especially considering the OP has minimal experience with the drug, no one was out of line in advising him to use caution.

OP, I know you're fine now, but for future reference, an inexperienced user can expect the effects of Methadone to peak at about the 3 hour mark and last for the better part of a day. You could very well have just become ill with something independently of the drug and it's also a possibility that you just experience some negative effects typical of opioid use in non-tolerant individuals.

Drderms, just so you know, the nature of the English language and the way we speak it will sometimes lead to difference in semantics from person to person. One wouldn't say "Don't mix Methadone and Benzodiazepine". You'll find that whether or not people use the plural form, the idea is essentially the same. Let's direct our energies into constructive HR dialogue instead of arguing over piddly shit.

totally agree %100 , thanks buddy