• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! Switching from fentanyl blue press to oxycodone

OxyGrip87

Greenlighter
So ive been using the blue pressies for the past 3 months. With a previous tolerence of 120mg of ir oxy a day before i was dumb and switched. Now over the past few weeks i got up to snorting 8 a day. I have no way of getting more and only have 5 left so im freaking out a bit right now. I have A LOT of IR oxycodone that im going to switch back to, my question is, how bad will the withdrawals be or will i even have any at all if i were to take 50 to 100mg of oxy a day after my last fent pill? When i dose the presses, i snort half of one every hour or two. I do also have clonazepam that im prescribed and when i started the fake presses i cut WAY back on it. Like from 2 to 4mg a day down to less than a quarter of a mg a day and im wondering if thats playing a major role in my anxiety and panic from knowing i wont have any more of the blue presses. Any thoughts, opinions, experiecnes from switching from those to oxy would be a life saver right now. My anxiety is through the roof and im actually scared. Thanks in advance.....

It's really hard to say if you're going to have much opioid withdrawal. The presses have wildly varying amounts of fentanyl analogues in them, not only from pill to pill but from dealer to dealer.

Yeah the benzo taper is definitely going to rev up any anxiety you have about this. Withdrawal anxiety is bad enough on its on, with benzo withdrawal on top its going to be even worse.

If I were in your shoes I would just switch to the oxy right now while you still have some fent left, just to see what happens. It may calm your anxiety and will afford you some level of taper as you transition. You might not have much withdrawal at all. Be extra careful while doing this and don't overdo it! Don't let your anxiety make you take more than you need in case of overdose.

It's really hard to say if you're going to have much opioid withdrawal. The presses have wildly varying amounts of fentanyl analogues in them, not only from pill to pill but from dealer to dealer.

Yeah the benzo taper is definitely going to rev up any anxiety you have about this. Withdrawal anxiety is bad enough on its on, with benzo withdrawal on top its going to be even worse.

If I were in your shoes I would just switch to the oxy right now while you still have some fent left, just to see what happens. It may calm your anxiety and will afford you some level of taper as you transition. You might not have much withdrawal at all. Be extra careful while doing this and don't overdo it! Don't let your anxiety make you take more than you need in case of overdose.
Thank you very much. I kind of knew that but i have been stuck in my head so much and i just needed to hear someone else say almost exactly what i was thinking. Your response in itself lowered my anxiety a hell of a lot, thank you. Im curious when i should start taking the oxy, because like you said about different analogues, i dont know what of half life it has. I also have 90mg liquid methadone a friend gave me but i think ill be staying away from that. I did the whole methadone thing years ago prior to this long relapse and i ended up quitting methadone cold turkey. Was up to 80mg a day for almost a year, then against dr orders i went down 4mg a day till i got down to 16mg then quit cold turkey. And thats cold turkey, no supplements, no opiates, no kratom, just a bit of xanax. Was absolute hell on earth for almost a month and it destroyed me mentally and physically. I think because of how bad it was, thats another reason why im scared of running out of the blue presses even though i have a solid clean opiate for a backup. Anyway, thanks again, a lot, truly.