• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help Support Erowid

what leads you to that conclusion?

I know at least a few are true because I was there in person either as the tripper or hanging out with the tripping person =D

^good to see you back :) :)

I wouldnt deny someones experience.. even if it sounds farfetched.. you dont know how out of there face they could of been :D

Toadphillips said:
Erowid is whack... i really believe 90% of the expirences are bs.

I wrote over 30 of them... I can guarantee you those aren't BS. Do you feel that way because you've never had that type of experience? A big part of having that kind of experience is being open to it and being in the right setting so as to not interrupt the process with social interactions or distractions.

I've read several of your reports, Xorkoth. I've enjoyed them and I think that you're a good writer.

It's possible (in fact likely, in my mind) that some of the erowid reports are exaggerated, or even pure bullshit. That is the way of the internet in general. For example, I may not have actually read any of Xorkoth's erowid reports, or if I have, I may not really have considered him a very capable writer. It's also possible that Toadphillips does not really think that erowid is, as he puts it, "whack". For all we know, he may in truth perceive it to be "nifty".

This is also true of life outside the internet. I could conceivably meet any one of you in person, and inform you of the fact that I am an actor on two of Albania's hottest mid-week sitcoms. However, this is not actually true: I doubt I could even find Albania on a map.

Not everything we hear and read is genuine. I think it's a good thing to recognize that fact, but not necessarily a valid excuse to behave like an ignorant ass.

I take much of what I read on erowid with a sizable chunk of salt, but at the same time, I find the site incredibly useful. Cross-referencing reports on erowid, this site, and elsewhere, is guaranteed to give a person a wider understanding of psychoactive drug use.

Peacelove,
Aldousage

I honestly tried, but was peaking so bad I couldn't get into my paypal account. Spent the next four hours exploring erowid for the first time. Note to self, Donate tomorrow! What a fantastic site, period. The last word when it comes to the last word on drugs.

Erowid is one of the best things on the internet. It is hyper-logical and I LOVE it!!!

DONATE DONATE DONATE!!!

HELLO HELLO THERE.

Erowid sure does have lots of useful drugs info, but it's so not up to date in technology, design and functionality.

Transform it to the Wiki-based web 2.0 website with proper functions and up-to-trends design. That's when i'll think of a donation. PLus you could be earning via ads.

peace.

So you'll donate after they've spent money to get up-to-date? ;)

We don't need Erowid to look up-to-date with the latest trends. IMO that would be a poor use of limited resources, to try to always keep it looking brand new. What they do need is an update to the functionality however.

i think i need to donate!!

honestgly i have used erowid for like 5 years now, it has helped me in alotta ways...........

might buy a t-shirt from them :)

Gonna buy either the sweatshirt or one of those glass molecules in the next week as a birthday present to myself.

FWIW, I've always liked Erowid's design and layout, although I feel like the home page could use a little work at the very least.

Just curious, has anyone donated to erowid and have it show up as something different on their statement? Back in 2009 I donated $5 and several days later the bank closed my account. The money apparently went to a charity that builds schools for muslim children in the middle east, the transaction was flagged and my account was closed. I would have no problem donating to that organization but to ask for money for one cause and use it for another seems kind of shady.:\

Just curious, has anyone donated to erowid and have it show up as something different on their statement? Back in 2009 I donated $5 and several days later the bank closed my account. The money apparently went to a charity that builds schools for muslim children in the middle east, the transaction was flagged and my account was closed. I would have no problem donating to that organization but to ask for money for one cause and use it for another seems kind of shady.:\

The above statement is crazy and wrong. Erowid is a registered 501(c) non-profit according to the Internal Revenue Service.* If the affiliation and events you suggest were true their 501(c) status would have been revoked. You might have been victim of an unaffiliated scam.

The closest fact I know about Erowid is they contribute in textbook publication. Earth and Fire are currently contributing information in one. They are also often cited as a source of information by authors of medical journals and other publications.

Source: *http://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/pub78Se...patchMethod=searchCharities&submitName=Search

I just wish they would use a black background for the whole site; when I'm browsing the chemicals section high as shit, my dilated pupils can't handle that bright white screen! Curses Erowid, I want to read about obscure and exotic chems I might never try, but they're too bright!!!