• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! Question about IV'ing, please need to know now

get high

Bluelighter
Hello I picked up some black I've never shot up myself but my friend has done it for me. He told me I can't shoot up into the main artery, what is that? How would I know what that is? Also he told me I cant shoot up in the veins that are near my wrist, yet those veins are the biggest and the most visible. Why can't I shoot there? I'm talking about the veins near my wrist on the side near the palm of my hand, the veins on my wrist. I'm confused I thought I could inject there. I want to shoot up now I'm so stressed any immediate answer would be appreciated!

Can I inject into my veins in my wrist though? That's my main question I can't find it there...

The inside of your elbow, bend/crook of the arm should be the easiest vein hit

Can I inject into my veins in my wrist though? That's my main question I can't find it there...

the ones on the SIDES of your wrist, yes. NOT on the underside of it. be careful though because there's also an artery that runs right around there by that wrist vein on the side your thumb is and its possible to fuck up and hit that when trying to shoot there.
for really visible veins -- swing your arm around for a minute, tie off w/ a tourniquet of some sort (people usually tie off around the bicep, I did that for a long time and still sometimes do, but I've been putting the belt a coupleafew inches below my elbow on my upper forearm lately, seems to work better to make the lower forearm veins I've been using accessible.), give several hearty slaps where you wish to hit, clench and unclench your fist a few times, and you should know the rest.
I agree, the BEST place to hit, especially for a beginner, is the crook of the elbow. there are 2 veins there, either should work.

You don't want to attempt the wrist veins on the palm side. Believe me they are not "the biggest veins" you have available. They are actually fairly small and painful to hit, as well as too close to nerves and arteries

You don't need to be able to "see" vein like at your wrist--there you see the blue lines but that's really not what you're looking for

You want to feel for the vein--that spongy bouncy feeling. As others have said--tie off, swing your arms, do a few push-ups, get in a steamy shower --these are all ways to help veins come out. Yes for beginners the crook of elbow is one of easiest. Some people have an easier time on forearm or hand (shorter needle best for hand veins)

The links posted should be helpful. More helpful to watch someone live or have them help you