HELP please unavoidable Xanax Withdrawal cold turkey

Thats the only thing Im scared of. Anxiety coming back and all the intrusive thoughts, but then I keep telling myself that they were days when I didnt take anything and I was fine. Its just taking everything under control. Tbh I only take xanax now to avoid withdrawl, so scared of them after I gone thru mirtazapine withdrawl. Horrible drug.Thank you for reply.

2mg a day for 7 weeks may be long enough to cause some nasty WDs if not potentially dangerous WDs, I'd definitely recommend to taper down. Switch to a longer lasting benzo if you can, alprazolam is not good for tapering off but it can be done. I would think you probably don't want to stay on a daily dose much longer than 1-2 weeks before you drop down to only taking it when WD symptoms are unbearable or physical symptoms start to flare up.

Remember that emotions are not forever... feelings may seem unbearable but they will change and pass with time. Hopefully you can try to understand what is triggering the intense emotions and start to see the link between thoughts and feelings. You can change the way you feel if you change the way you think. Feelings are tied to beliefs and ideas that we have. Journaling can really help to understand your thoughts and relating emotions.

My opinion would be to try to stop without tapering, but if you start to experience withdrawals beyond anxiety, then absolutely taper because it means you're physically dependent and it's dangerous to cold turkey benzos when you're addicted. It's just that, after only 2 weeks, it's possible you don't have a dependence physically yet which would be ideal... if you tapered and this was the case, you would definitely develop a dependence during the taper.

Hi, thank you, Ive noticed that after 24hrs since last dose I get heart palpitations and anxiety and sleeping problems, the longest I went without xanax was 40hrs and I was feeling weird, the worst are heart palpitations.