• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help please! Pregnant Opiate user

OPOTUS

Greenlighter
Hi there-
I know a lot of people are going to judge but I am doing this because I care about my baby and not what people think about me. I just found out that I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am an oxycodone user- and I just read that going through withdrawals can kill your baby. Do I go to the hospital? I am currently going through withdrawals now (only 12 hours). I don't know who to call or what to do. I know there is a methadone clinic I can go to on Wednesday but should I continue to use until then so i do not go through withdrawals? Thank you for your suggestions.

Continuing to use without seeking medical advice is not a good idea, putting your body through the stress of withdrawal while pregnant without seeking medical advice is not a good idea. Please seek medical advice. I believe it would be in your best interests to do this as quickly as possible.

Good luck.

OPOTUS. What state do you live in? The programs available for Opioid-dependent, pregnant women are going to vary heavily from state to state, but as a general rule, expecting mothers are pushed to the "front of the line" in terms of access to services like MMT or BMT. By the sounds of it, you've already figured out your next move - Methadone - so you're not starting from scratch.

In all honesty, you're better off continuing your Oxycodone use at your normal clip until you can make it to your intake appointment at the Methadone clinic. The fetus is probably going to appreciate things remaining as usual, even if that means being exposed to strong Opioids.