• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help Please! Morphine Extended vs Immediate Question

JamieJfromtheA

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have a legit question that I am conflicted about. I was born with an illness called Sickle Cell Anemia and I have been on pain meds my whole life and have a bit of a tolerance.

My doc recently put me on Morphine Extended 30 and Morphine Immediate 15 for breakthrough. I use to be on just Morphine 15 and I would take sometimes up to 5 or 6 of them at one time but usually 4 or 5 after years of being on two and three.

Anyway I ran out because I needed quick relief because the pain is unbearable but now I just got these 3o Extended that dont seem to do much. But I was told but a medical official if I cut it in half it would turn into the Immediate and I can just take both halves. Now I was reading up on this and alot of places say don't do it because you could get the entire dose at once, but my question is if I can already handle up to 90 MG of immediate release by itself with no issues then will cutting two 30's in half in hopes it turn into 60 Immediate Relief harm me?

I'm just cutting it in half and taking both halves. Im not crushing it all the day. I'm only doing oral, no other stuff that's it. I just want to make sure I will be okay.

Also if this is the wrong place to post sorry, im new.

You should be fine, 60mg is 60mg no matter how you look at it. If youre really worried, just take one half first and wait an hour before you decide to take more. Better to be careful, but i dont see this as being dangerous if your tolerance is that high already

A mg is a mg. Depending on the type of er morphine it is, it may still be time release if you cut them in half. This would be the case if they are the red mscontins.

A mg is a mg. Depending on the type of er morphine it is, it may still be time release if you cut them in half. This would be the case if they are the red mscontins.

Mine were pink, but if there is no score line and if it says on the bottle don't do it I dont know if it could still be. I was always told cutting it broke the time release mechanism also i read only the 200 mg tab is scored and can be taken in half

Last edited:
It will still retain some sustained released cut in half. Like six hours instead of ten-twelve while the effect is super powerful at first and weaker at the end. If you want it to be more immediate release buy empty gel capsules and crush the pill into a powder, which you fill the capsules with. Morphine is morphine and you know your tolerance. 60 mg is 60 mg and if anything the ER pills will release the morphine slower leading to lower peak levels in the system.

I couldn't imagine your condition. I'm assuming IV is out of the question due to the sickle cell as even the small prick will bleed extensively as your blood doesn't clot as well. What you can do though is make a liquid solution out of it that you put in an oral syringe and insert it into your rear and inject the water into the intestine. That will increase the bioavailability as well as the onset giving you not only faster relief, but also allow more morphine to become active rather than the majority of it being metabolized without reaching the CNS. There is a guide on here to prep the ER for this purpose specifically as no one should inject the ER while I hate to admit I have injected them before. Let me find the instructions for plugging for you and remember it will lead to 100% of your dose being active rather than only 10%-30%.

Edit: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/616156-How-To-prepare-liquid-Morphine-from-time-released-tablets?p=10439015&highlight=morphine+plug

Here is the guide to plug it just copy and paste link into browser as I'm on mobile and can't hyperlink. Tricomb knows their shit and had perfected that tek during their time using morphine. They will definitely be able to answer any questions you have about that prep method as well as how much to dose to be safe. Tricomb is super knowledgeable and is one of the few that has my utmost respect on this board.

Last edited:
It will still retain some sustained released cut in half. Like six hours instead of ten-twelve while the effect is super powerful at first and weaker at the end. If you want it to be more immediate release buy empty gel capsules and crush the pill into a powder, which you fill the capsules with. Morphine is morphine and you know your tolerance. 60 mg is 60 mg and if anything the ER pills will release the morphine slower leading to lower peak levels in the system.

I couldn't imagine your condition. I'm assuming IV is out of the question due to the sickle cell as even the small prick will bleed extensively as your blood doesn't clot as well. What you can do though is make a liquid solution out of it that you put in an oral syringe and insert it into your rear and inject the water into the intestine. That will increase the bioavailability as well as the onset giving you not only faster relief, but also allow more morphine to become active rather than the majority of it being metabolized without reaching the CNS. There is a guide on here to prep the ER for this purpose specifically as no one should inject the ER while I hate to admit I have injected them before. Let me find the instructions for plugging for you and remember it will lead to 100% of your dose being active rather than only 10%-30%.

Edit: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ed-tablets?p=10439015&highlight=morphine+plug

Here is the guide to plug it just copy and paste link into browser as I'm on mobile and can't hyperlink. Tricomb knows their shit and had perfected that tek during their time using morphine. They will definitely be able to answer any questions you have about that prep method as well as how much to dose to be safe. Tricomb is super knowledgeable and is one of the few that has my utmost respect on this board.

Im sorry but I just don't feel comfortable doing anything other than oral.
What if I crush them? They are the generic brand called MFG Zydus and are pink
Also I went to the drug store for pill capsules but there were none but I got a pill crusher as well.

you need to really try if you wanna break that release. ive tried and was safe eating 120mg crushed mscontin. you'll be fine and it wont fuck with the time release