• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! Oxynorm dosage.

KayleeDaniels

Greenlighter
Hi all, first ever post bear with me.
I've just had an op to get my wisdom teeth removed and am in so much pain! I have Panadol which the Doc gave me, I also have ozynorm 20mg immediate release caplets that the doctor didn't give me. They gave me 1x 5mg endone at the hospital 6hrs ago and that's it. Is 20mg ozy to much for me and can I pull apart the caplet and divide the powder and it will still work (i read it won't work if it's not whole?) Thanks in advance.

If you have no experience with taking oxycodone, it's recommended that you start with 5 to 10 mg. Though they do contain binders and fillers, I believe you can empty some out of the capsules and still get pain relief. You could see how that works and if needed, titrate up from there. Hope this helps and welcome to Bluelight!

Officially you're not supposed to "crack, break, or open the capsule", however being immediate release, you're OK to open it, and separate it, to get the correct dosage. For someone who's never taken oxycodone, a 5mg starting does is recommended, and as T.C. mentioned, trirate until desired analgesic effects are achieved. I would wait 3-4 hours in between tritration doses.

You can split it into 4 equal piles (5mg each), although technically a 20mg capsule has 18mg~3%, of the actual active ingredient oxycodone. From there you have multiple options. Empty capsules can be filled, on a spoon, mixed in a drink, and put in a little pc of napkin, and tied off, are all viable options.

- HS

Thanks for your replies. I ended up going for half in a teaspoon of honey. Worked a treat! After a couple of days went for a whole and was all good. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated! Great site.