• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! Odd negative effects from an antibiotic!?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
Well first to start I had a really bad cause of bronchitis and it was so bad I had to get a load of hydromet (which is so far helping with the watery stools and head throbbing effect next to the swollen lipnoids under my chin next to my neck) I also have some what bad tingly feeling when I stand and it's not the hydromet I've taken this before on amoxicillin and it worked with no ill effects. It's called ciprofloxacin; I've never taken it before and it's only now showing it's nasty and painful side effects. Also- I took 55mgs of hydro today (norco's the syrup was gone about a week ago due to it being a good amount but I need a good but each day to get to work and bed without coughing up a lung.) & STILL have watery stools... This is just plain horrible and NEVER have I had any side effects off this medication even when I was taking 2 pills a day and I stopped due to it being over the amount of 3 weeks so I had a bit more in case it came back which it did so I've been taking it for a few days now and like I said it's hurting me pretty bad even on norco's. Any suggestions? Any OTC meds for this? Why is this happening now and not as I started with a larger amount (2 pills a day)? It's just concerning to me due to this being an antibiotic and I thought I was in some form of withdrawal or was laced with something till I looked up the effects and noticed my lipnoids swollen pretty badly/water stoles only after I took it a bit earlier today even on Norco's it's not blocking the shits.

So diarrhea is the biggest problem? You are kind of all over the place in your post so not sure. Nearly all antibiotics can cause loose stools but they also can cause a really severe form of diarrhea called pseudomembranous colitis. But you also mentioned tingling and once daily dosing, which ciprofloxacin almost never is.

Antibiotics basically kill everything(good and bad) so your body can start from scratch.

Sounds normal.
Your body is purging.

if you are not exp swelling of throat face or lips or have hives anywhere you are fine, but if you do need to take some benadryl and go to the ER asap it could be a allergic reaction
but its most likely the antibiotics is doing its job and killing off the infection which is a good thing

stay hydrated and get some sleep and eat about the only thing you can do
if in a few days you still feel like shit go back to the doc