• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help now please - too much heroin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reticulum

Greenlighter
I just injected too much heroin. I'm literally forcing myself not to fall asleep for the fear or puking in my sleep or failing to breathe. I feel sick and really really fucked.
I've just taken 1mg of Buprenorphine to try to reverse the effects of the heroin. Will this work? And should I take more if needed?

Please help

My vision is really blurry and I can hardly walk. I'm seeing double

Well thanks. Could have been dead by now. 2mg bupe did the job.
The problem was my dealer had changed his gear and I used the same amount as I did before. Big mistake.

I am glad you are still with us, Reticulum. And Cheezy, you can never tell whether someone is telling the truth or not online, I know. But that doesn't mean you should be an edgelord and say something like you just did.

Well thanks. Could have been dead by now. 2mg bupe did the job.
The problem was my dealer had changed his gear and I used the same amount as I did before. Big mistake.

If you were going to die there wasn't anything we could to do help you - Bluelight is not an emergency service. Next time you feel that you may be in danger, seek medical attention immediately.

Glad you're okay.

Yes, in theory the introduction of buprenorphine can precipitate withdrawal, thus reversing an OD. The odds of this working improve those closer administration is to the earlier administration of the agonist, the higher the dose of buprenorphine, the level of existing dependence to the agonist in the victim and so on.

Obviously the first thing to do is to call for help. The success rates of paramedics almost surely will be better than your guesses. With that said, if for some reason you are unable to call for help and you fear that someone, yourself or another, could end up dead, then a reversal can be attempted at home with these drugs. Obviously straight naloxone is best, but if only Suboxone or buprenorphine is available, that can work too. IV is not required for this to work (and the time you spend preparing the IV will negative the quicker effects of that route of administration anyway). Just put it under the person's tongue, and in this case more is going to be better. There's no risk of OD from bupe or naloxone in such circumstances.

Obviously it's not a guarantee that it will work, but it's better than not trying at all (again, assuming that calling for help is not an option).

^ Good advice above, you guys are great! Reticulum, if you find yourself in an overdose situation, get off the internet and seek medical help. Yes, you're right, you cold have died waiting for an answer on a message board. Like Mel said, not much we could have done for you anyway. Do you have access to naloxone? Here in the U.S. many communities are implementing programs making it available because of the huge increase of heroin deaths. Glad you survived but I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.