• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HELP NEEDED! planning to take some half a tab of acid for the first time..

Ashyy_M8

Greenlighter
Hello, i'm new on here and need help with a particular task. i actually have posted a thread about taking half an e which revolves around this same situation..

I am planning to take half a tab of acid although i need to be home sober.. i plan to take the acid at around 10am and i have to be home for around 6 ( maybe 8 if i can persuade my parents to let me go to the leisure centre). i want to know if half a tab of acid will be enough for my first time and if i will be sober and able to hide how wired i am when i go home :O

Acid is something i have been wanting to try for a long time. i am very much looking forward to the experience as i know it will be life changing.

Kind regards,

- A

Firstly, You shouldn't expect anything 'life changing' to happen to you... especially since your only taking a HALF a tab. You may get a shift in viewpoint but i can assure you nothing that drastic will happen on such a low dose. Secondlly, i feel your wayyyy to excited for this. Now don't get me wrong, lsd is amazing and you'll probably have a great time but it seems like your trying to rush everything and your expecting everything will just happen perfectly and go your way.... theres a very real possibility that WONT be the case.

If i were you I honestly wouldn't even take the dose if you are not 100% sure you have NOTHING to worry about throughout the entirity of your trip. You dont have to take my advice but i'll give it to you anyway. Dont take the tab until your are sure you havr the perfect set and setting. If you worry that you have to face your parents later on in the day just dont take it. Take it when you can honestly say everythings perfect. When you have no obligations, you're in a good mood, no worries, nice and comfortable place to take the tab (outdoors or safe at home.) Acid isnt something to play around with or take lightly even at only a half tab.... wait till a better time and take a full tab.

As above - 'half a tab' is a fairly mild experience at best, so going off the way you've worded everything, I honestly think you might be lining yourself up for a little bit of disappointment when it's not as amazing as you were expecting.

Also, while I can't really comment on how long the obvious effects of a low dose will last, it wouldn't be advisable to take LSD a mere 6 hours before needing to be 'sober' for your parents. Even if you do make it back to baseline by then (keeping in mind LSD is ~8 hours), the minor anxiety would likely have a bad effect on the trip itself. Wrong mindset, y'know :)

I fully agree with Tortuga's last line - wait til a better time and take a full tab :) oh, but be sure it's LSD first :)

Your parents will know. I find it usually takes about 16 hours there abouts for the effects to fully wear off and for you to stop having that 'completely bat-shit crazy' look about you ahahah...

If i were you I honestly wouldn't even take the dose if you are not 100% sure you have NOTHING to worry about throughout the entirity of your trip. You dont have to take my advice but i'll give it to you anyway. Dont take the tab until your are sure you havr the perfect set and setting. If you worry that you have to face your parents later on in the day just dont take it. Take it when you can honestly say everythings perfect. When you have no obligations, you're in a good mood, no worries, nice and comfortable place to take the tab (outdoors or safe at home.) Acid isnt something to play around with or take lightly even at only a half tab.... wait till a better time and take a full tab.

This is all fantastic advice, and I second this wholeheartedly. 100% what Tortuga has said here.

You may get a shift in viewpoint but i can assure you nothing that drastic will happen on such a low dose

This is terrible advice! Although it is MOST LIKELY accurate, you cannot ASSURE him shit! These might be extraordinarly strong tabs - I've personally heard of tabs that have melted the face off of even seasoned psych users with just 1.5 tabs, so it's not like it never happens. Some tabs are a lot stronger than others, and you cannot tell him that he won't trip off half a tab. The guy could be really sensitive to acid - something I've seen with my own eyes. The tabs might not be professionally done, any veteran acid user will tell me some blotters do not have even distribution of acid, sometimes even so extreme where half a tab has the vast majority of the dose. You don't even know if what the dude is taking is acid at all, what if he has an NBOMe or something, and you've ASSURED him it will be totally fine and he probably won't experience anything, what if its NBOMe and the drug is unevenly distributed and the guy takes it and his parents end up finding him freaking the fuck out? There are so many variables that there absolutely no way you can ASSURE him anything at all! So bizarre considering the rest of the post was solid advice, but saying that is just irresponsible.

Try to go into this experience with zero expectations. Enjoy your trip for what it is, not what you think it will be. LSD is not what most people would expect.

This is terrible advice! Although it is MOST LIKELY accurate, you cannot ASSURE him shit! These might be extraordinarly strong tabs - I've personally heard of tabs that have melted the face off of even seasoned psych users with just 1.5 tabs, so it's not like it never happens. Some tabs are a lot stronger than others, and you cannot tell him that he won't trip off half a tab.

What the hell are you talking about? (my educated guess is) 75-90% of real LSD will be underdosed. All you're doing is setting unrealistic expectations based on something that most likely will not happen. Advertised doses, such as 100ug, are rarely truthful. The chances of them being extra strong are very low, even the chances of them being the "industry standard" (100ug) is relatively low unless you personally know the people involved. The chances of them being slightly weak are very high. It's perfectly fine advice. Even a half a hit of legit 120ug needle point would, 19 times out of 20, not be a life changing experience. It may be life changing in the sense that you become curious to take LSD and decide upon exploring the substance more but that's about all I can see it doing for the average person. That's not to say it won't blow your mind as a first timer, but having your mind blown is different than having something drastic happen to you.

Last edited:
Try to go into this experience with zero expectations. Enjoy your trip for what it is, not what you think it will be. LSD is not what most people would expect.

What the hell are you talking about? (my educated guess is) 75-90% of real LSD will be underdosed. All you're doing is setting unrealistic expectations based on something that most likely will not happen. Advertised doses, such as 100ug, are rarely truthful. The chances of them being extra strong are very low, even the chances of them being the "industry standard" (100ug) is relatively low unless you personally know the people involved. The chances of them being slightly weak are very high. It's perfectly fine advice. Even a half a hit of legit 120ug needle point would, 19 times out of 20, not be a life changing experience. It may be life changing in the sense that you become curious to take LSD and decide upon exploring the substance more but that's about all I can see it doing for the average person. That's not to say it won't blow your mind as a first timer, but having your mind blown is different than having something drastic happen to you.

Maybe you should finish reading my post before you jump down my throat? It could easily be strong acid, it could be a blot with uneven distribution of acid, or, increasingly likely, it could be an RC like NBOMe. Not a good idea to take when its a) your very first trip and b) you have to act sober in front of your parents. I don't know how anyone could possibly disagree with that.

Maybe you should finish reading my post before you jump down my throat? It could easily be strong acid, it could be a blot with uneven distribution of acid, or, increasingly likely, it could be an RC like NBOMe. Not a good idea to take when its a) your very first trip and b) you have to act sober in front of your parents. I don't know how anyone could possibly disagree with that.

At this point I'm not even sure where you're going with this. My post is assuming the LSD is real, I stated this at the beginning. I'm not saying it isn't gonna be strong acid, I'm saying that the chances are slim and that you're overstating the risk. After 6 or 8 hours, assuming it's real LSD, the vast, vast majority of people would be fine to hold a conversation and act sober. Personally, I did it in school while peaking.

I never said "it's a good idea to take drugs" in any situation. all I said was that a half a hit isn't gonna knock your socks off in pretty much any case. All you're doing is saying "But maybe this could go wrong or maybe that could go wrong" when in reality there is very little chance of that happening. The only reason I said something is because you attacked Tortuga's point of view, which I happened to agree with more than yours. if you put your opinion out there, and I find that info misleading, I will act accordingly. it's the internet.

You both have completely valid points; however they're both based on some assumptions as well. There, settled.

Regardless, I think it's fairly well agreed that OP should postpone this trip, as well as consider whether half a tab is going to be enough. Also very much worth testing a tiny piece of the tab first, to confirm it is actually LSD and not an NBOMe as is unfortunately all too likely these days.

At this point I'm not even sure where you're going with this. My post is assuming the LSD is real, I stated this at the beginning. I'm not saying it isn't gonna be strong acid, I'm saying that the chances are slim and that you're overstating the risk. After 6 or 8 hours, assuming it's real LSD, the vast, vast majority of people would be fine to hold a conversation and act sober. Personally, I did it in school while peaking.

I never said "it's a good idea to take drugs" in any situation. all I said was that a half a hit isn't gonna knock your socks off in pretty much any case. All you're doing is saying "But maybe this could go wrong or maybe that could go wrong" when in reality there is very little chance of that happening. The only reason I said something is because you attacked Tortuga's point of view, which I happened to agree with more than yours. if you put your opinion out there, and I find that info misleading, I will act accordingly. it's the internet.

I'm erring on the side of caution. You are telling him "oh its PROBABLY gonna be okay bro, go ahead and take this tab of an unknown substance because its PROBABLY acid and it PROBABLY will be fine". I am saying that there's a chance that it won't all be fine, and so to only take it under ideal conditions - e.g. not a few hours before he has to see his parents. How can this be confusing you? And you're talking to the wrong person if you want to dicksize about the situations you've done drugs in. My reaction is most likely not going to be the intended "Oh wow you're so badass oh thats so impressive wooow" since I've done the same thing, I just don't feel the need to bring it up when it's not relevant because I don't see taking drugs in crazy combinations, amounts or circumstances is any kind of personal accomplishment.

Just wait!

I would not take the acid at all unless you are in a situation in which you have no possibilities of being caught, as well as not having to worry about any other responsibilities. IMO your first time should take at least threshold dosages 100-300ug) or 1-2 tabs, otherwise you may end up not getting much of an effect out of LSD at all and believe me you'll want to expect that it works when you take it. Set and setting are important factors to a LSD trip. Given your situation I would advise against it, just wait until you have at least 12 hours of time with no responsibilities! Happy tripping

I would not take the acid at all unless you are in a situation in which you have no possibilities of being caught, as well as not having to worry about any other responsibilities. IMO your first time should take at least threshold dosages 100-300ug) or 1-2 tabs, otherwise you may end up not getting much of an effect out of LSD at all and believe me you'll want to expect that it works when you take it. Set and setting are important factors to a LSD trip. Given your situation I would advise against it, just wait until you have at least 12 hours of time with no responsibilities! Happy tripping

I'd agree with this. Wait until you have at least 12 hours, but preferably the whole day, make sure you're in a positive mindset and are with some people you're really close with and in a setting you're comfortable in, and then take 3 tabs, then wait 30-60 minutes and if you feel like you can handle it then throw in another 1 or 2.

I'd agree with this. Wait until you have at least 12 hours, but preferably the whole day, make sure you're in a positive mindset and are with some people you're really close with and in a setting you're comfortable in, and then take 3 tabs, then wait 30-60 minutes and if you feel like you can handle it then throw in another 1 or 2.

Though only follow this kind of dosing schedule if you're sure that what you have is real LSD, and not 25x-NBOMe :) the vast majority of 25i tabs are quite high doses (usually around 1mg), so 3 tabs may present health complications, or worse be fatal.

In my personal experience, 2 tabs of 25i was horrid. Will not be repeating (well, I won't bother with 25i again entirely tbh).

Though only follow this kind of dosing schedule if you're sure that what you have is real LSD, and not 25x-NBOMe :) the vast majority of 25i tabs are quite high doses
yes do make sure you have real acid, since I am really close to my acid connect I don't have to worry about it. It should have absolutely no taste and should kick in around and hour and a half to two hours. If it's good acid I don't think you will need more than 2 tabs at all. My mind was blown with just 2 hits of acid and one hit if Molly both very high quality. Don't OD on something you think is acid.