Help me

gram696969

Bluelighter
I think I might be at a point in my life where I`m really gonna hurt myself with drugs. My drugs of choice are cigarettes and weed, but not limited to acid mushrooms DXM huffing gas taking prescription drugs from my family and myself just anything I can get my hands on. Its bad. How do I quit?

I think I might be at a point in my life where I`m really gonna hurt myself with drugs. My drugs of choice are cigarettes and weed, but not limited to acid mushrooms DXM huffing gas taking prescription drugs from my family and myself just anything I can get my hands on. Its bad. How do I quit?

I'm sorry to hear about this gram. There's no one size fits all cure for addiction, or easy answers. Some folks find 12 step programs help them. AA/NA. There are other alternative groups such as smart recovery, or refuge recovery. Of course many find they need to go to detox, and then to a 30 day inpatient program. These are of course only a few things.

You can find a link to the recovery support section directory in my signature, there is a lot of information there, as well as all over Bluelight. Hopefully some of these things can help you, but don't be afraid to seek medical attention if you are in crisis or in danger of overdose.

Welcome to Bluelight, there are many other addicts to speak w/ here, which can be therapeutic in it's own right, as no one else will quite get where you're coming from like another addict. I wish you the best in your struggle, and feel free to message me if you need anyone to talk or vent to at any time.

Much love, you can overcome, many do.

Since your 17 try find something you really would enjoy doing a new hobby something that will distract you from been bored that leads to using more drugs. I got addicted to stimulants at 14 and was a on off user til i lost myself and fell into heavy abuse. Idk how your life is but know things can get better your almost 18 try channel your energy into something creative find a job but times are tough with covid. Many people i knew started using lsd weed and shrooms at 16 and ended up totally fine but other drugs you should avoid especially huffing gas and prescription meds. It would be best to abstain from psychedelics till your older. I did alot of acid 19-24 years of age and it helped me through a rough period of life that im always thankful for.

Sobriety would be best but don't beat yourself up to much if you have a joint. You have already addressed you want to quit which is impressive as a teen i just told myself i was going to take drugs til the day i die and never thought about quitting til it was years and years later when it had gotten really out of control and wasted the best years of my life.

Im not sure what you want to do career wise but try sit down and really plan some goals and take it step by step. If you truly find yourself in addiction professional help like the 12 step programs can really work wonders if you put in the effort.

You're the one that has to help you.
You have the strength to do that.
Look for something that takes your attention, a hobby.
Something you're interested in, so you have fun doing it

Also the typical advice of course: "Just don't take them", time will solve the rest. "Nutrition. Sleep. Exercise" also comes to mind, helps your body regain chemical balance.

You can do it :)

edit: Also, motivation is always key. That feeling you have from abusing drugs, anger, frustration, in all its glory, USE them for your purpose of getting clean. Cling to that motivation, make it your strength!

Dude....

I was going to point out @gram696969 its the gas that stands out the most to me here by far. You start off with cigarettes and weed but then thrown in you mention you HUFF GAS. can you expand on this a little more. I think here may lay the biggest issue. This is extremely neurotoxic and asking for permanent brain damage at a very young age. How often do you do this? Do you need someone to talk to? I’ll do my best to find you some help or just lend an ear if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope @Shady's Fox that's not cool to say to anyone, in general, but especially not in TDS to someone asking for help, and I don't think I'm misinterpreting here.

Last edited:
Yea huffing can be very harmful and there is this customer we have that orders from our OGP and he always orders a ton of gas.

And I felt very sad until I looked up his info and it’s a business tho that sells CBD products...like IDK if this guy is selling it at his store or huffing it himself...

Our DM says she thinks he is using it to clean off his bongs but honestly he orders wayyy too much for that to be legit in my personal opinion (I could be wrong tho and just judging him bc he’s a Walmart customer, and I think everyone knows how I feel about those people).

Perhaps he's just using it to perform his own extractions?

hey @gram696969
have you thought about asking your family that you need help? i'm sure that they would support you.
people that like it all <-- you are not alone, most people that have issues with substance abuse have issues with everything from a-z.
sharing experience here, i to did some really shitty things to my family. like you mentioned, i had stole their pain meds(perc&fent patchs) and would help them look for the shit. knowing the entire time that i had them. all it would have taken was a simple 'drew empty your pockets', but they had faith that me, their son, would not have done such a thing. so i had to live with that shit for a while, just the real onoary feeling, and eventually was able to make things right with them, but was a shitty feeling non the less.

seems like i was a living example of newtons law of inertia. i would chill and get high until i needed more dope in my life, and wouldn't stop until a outside force (usually ended up in jail or a 'behavioral hospital').

have you thought about seeking treatment somewhere? like @ a drug/alcohol treatment center?

Of CBD?

Maybe...he orders like every week and it’s usually quite a bit.

He’ll order mostly generic and then 1-2 packs of brand name stuff we never have.

He also will sometimes call and apparently be pissed (I have never been the one to take the call) when we don’t have any gas because it sells out so fast.

But he could be using it for legit purposes.

Yeh, he might be growing hemp and doing a crude butane extraction to yield 'CBD' then charging a fortune for his dodgy snake oil online...

So you wish to go into the snake oil business together?

We can like make it cheap and mass produce it. And then sell it for a low price so that people buy a ton even tho it’s garbage.

Let me know!
Yes but prices must be only marginally lower and we must post ads right over competitors ads and in their emails for effect.

I think that could work.

And then we will feel wonderful because we have tons of money.
that's the only thing in life that matters, the number in our bank accounts.

We have it all together now for sure.

Does @gram696969 have any tips for this? I think we deserve a monetary tip for even allowing you to see such astute business planning.

Not that we aren't enjoying this enlightening business lesson, but let's try and not get too off the rails, eyes on the ball folks!

I`m sorry guys.... I`m fucked. I dont know what to do anymore y`know? If I`m not high I`m mad at the world and more of a liability than anything. It doesnt matter what that high looks like even. Also I dont know what that shady fox guy said but I can only imagine Ive heard it all and hes probably right

The gas huffing is no longer a real struggle of mine I guess, but is that just because I have enough weed and shrooms to make me happy right now? Who knows. Not me thats for damn sure

I`m sorry guys.... I`m fucked. I dont know what to do anymore y`know? If I`m not high I`m mad at the world and more of a liability than anything. It doesnt matter what that high looks like even. Also I dont know what that shady fox guy said but I can only imagine Ive heard it all and hes probably right

I find myself mad at the world constantly, even while high. Usually this causes me to seek solace in substance.

Start w/ the first step of simply waking up and existing. This is the only place to start, and if you can wrestle back against your addictions, you will likely be able to start doing more.

You are certainly not yet fucked if you still draw breath. Hang in there friend.

I find myself mad at the world constantly, even while high. Usually this causes me to seek solace in substance.

Start w/ the first step of simply waking up and existing. This is the only place to start, and if you can wrestle back against your addictions, you will likely be able to start doing more.

You are certainly not yet fucked if you still draw breath. Hang in there friend.
Thanks man. honestly it means more than you think

A kind word can be extremely powerful, and I find myself looking for some every day to keep my demons at bay. Happy to provide.
People like you that keep the world turning round man. I wish I thought half as clearly hahaha