• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help me taper off Fentanyl patches!!

whoracle699

Greenlighter
Right now Im smoking between 1 and 3 100mcg patches a day. I want to kich this habit and taper off as fast as possible.

Could someone guide me as to the best way to do so? I'm guessing I'll be applying the patches on my skin, the way they are meant to be used....But how much, every how much time, for how long?

Please help I'm ying to kick this habit for good....I am willing to suffer and get it over quicker rather than drag it on for weeks/months in hopes of not feeling any WD effects. I'm talking 3-6 day guys. Any avice would be much appreciated1!!!!

A lot.Even putting a patch or even two could be difficult,cause it's a lot.Must smoke less and less.Only to feel not in pain.Even 100mcg/h a day is a lot.That is around 16mg i think.Tapper smoking to half a patch daily max.Then try to only stick the patch.Even on bigger dose.Than start to tapper again till you got to 12mcg/h(i supposed you can cut the patches).....and try to quit fully.If is too bad pop a codeine or something weak....It's not easy forsure.And it takes time and discipline,vut is possible.Fent is no joke.Good luck man.I hope,that you can make it.

so im better off smoking less and less rather than aplying less and less of the patch on my skin?

If you can get the matrix patches cutting them smaller and smaller over time amd wearing on skin is the easiest opioids kick and taper I've ever done. Do not cut gel pouch style patches.

Smoking will be a nasty withdrawal can't taper off such an extreme up amd down....the time release mechanism of the patches is the best way to taper down.

If you can get the matrix patches cutting them smaller and smaller over time amd wearing on skin is the easiest opioids kick and taper I've ever done. Do not cut gel pouch style patches.

Smoking will be a nasty withdrawal can't taper off such an extreme up amd down....the time release mechanism of the patches is the best way to taper down.

Arawal can't taper off such an extreme up amd down....the time release mechanism of the patches is the best way to taper down.

Whats the matrc patch> I: havethe nomal Fenta patches...

Whats the matrc patch> I: havethe nomal Fenta patches...
There are two types...one with a homogeneously-filled with fent, thick tape like material - that's matrix. Mylan is a manufacturer of these style.

A pouch is literally a pouch you can cut open with fent gel inside that leaks across a semipermiable wall of the pouch- these are dangerous to cut and apply as you may absorb all the fent at once and OD

i feel yah, was hooked on fent, week of some suffering, if i knew what i knew now, dont think it would have been so rough, look up opioid withdrawal here, tons of info how to ease it, you got this, it wont be as bad as you think, lack of sleep is rough, glad you have 6 days of down time, think of it as a flu to take care of, then you will be free soon

So i want to apply the patches to my skin instead of moking em off foil - the goal is to WD not get buzzed after all.

can someone help me with specifics? if i smoke 1-2 100mcg's every 1-2days, when should i start tapering transdermally (the second WD kicks in? before? after?) and how big/small a strip should i cut, and where to apply? for how long till i switch? or should i wait brtween changing strips?

sr for my ignorance, but you guys are my only hope. my circumstances are such that i cannot consult docs or get access to all sorts of otehr things i read here that help with WD

So i want to apply the patches to my skin instead of moking em off foil - the goal is to WD not get buzzed after all.

can someone help me with specifics? if i smoke 1-2 100mcg's every 1-2days, when should i start tapering transdermally (the second WD kicks in? before? after?) and how big/small a strip should i cut, and where to apply? for how long till i switch? or should i wait brtween changing strips?

sr for my ignorance, but you guys are my only hope. my circumstances are such that i cannot consult docs or get access to all sorts of otehr things i read here that help with WD
You're going to have to experiment since you're asking the conversion from smoking a 100 mcg patch to transdermal.

Wait till you are getting sick but not super sick yet.

I would start with 25 mcg per hour (1/4 th of the patch). Heat it very lightly with a heating pad when you first apply to get it started. It will still take 3 hrs to reach full effect.

I say 25 even tho you are smoking 100 a day. The bioavailivily is 100% for transdermal and for smoking a patch you are destroying most of the fent so you are not smoking a full amount of fent in the patch mcg.

If 25 isn't enough after like 4 hrs even with heat add on another quarter or 8th of a strip bringing you up to 37.5 or 50 patch being worn.

As I said before cutting g these patches down smaller and smaller was the easiest kick from an extreme opipid dependency I ever had. At the end I was wearing a spec of patch so small it was like half a cm by half a cm. I had almost zero withdrawal I went so low like this. Just didn't sleep for two nights...no nasty withdrawal symptoms.

If you

Last edited: