• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help me regain my sanity please, Addy XR and Lexapro disaster

anon00

Greenlighter
Long-story short, I finished grad school and basically killed myself to get through it. I'm diagnosed ADHD with anxiety, but my family doubts I'm truly ADHD, although I've been on stims throughout school the entire time. I was originally on Adderall IR 20 mg and ended up going into isolation and meeting girl off online, just banging in my room instead of going to class. When I started taking too much, I went on Lexapro 10 mg for anxiety to get my life together before my summer internship in Washington. I ended up taking her with me and got through my summer job with her and felt fine on the Adderall XR 25 mg and Lexapro 10 mg (although we did our own thing and didn't really go out with my co-workers). For some reason, I felt like I had to switch from that combination cause I felt too cranked up and went to Vyvanse 50 mg with Lexapro 10 mg for my entire last year of school. I was able to go to class and socialize better, but had absolutely no ability to do the grad school work that adderall enabled me to do. Once i finished classes, I tried to come all the way down to Adderall IR 10 mg and come off Lexapro, holy $hit, the overwhelming anxiety I had was so bad. Her family was telling me that I saved her life and they dont want her going back in the basement because of her anxiety. I went to my gfs house at that time and I was noticeably uncomfortable to the point where I couldn't even socialize. Because of the panic issues and the fact I spent years with this girl I fell in love with during my insane time in grad school, I went back on the Lexapro 10 mg and cranked my Adderall dose right back up to XR 25 mg.

I live in a struggling single mother household and I should mention that I've always felt pretty toxic here and never felt close to my family despite the good i've done for them. They are accusing me of having a stim addiction and not being ADHD, claiming I was misdiagnosed and I've been delusional for years. They suspect my gf uses drugs at times here and there, but honestly I don't mind if it's not impairing her ability to function or work, yet they judge me for my adderall use. I've been in isolation with my gf the entire time, yet when I combined the Lex with Addy, I was able to get through that summer internship (offered via e-mail before arrival and so they couldn't terminate it).

They saw that I was basically using the Lexapro to be with her I guess or for whatever reason I was using Lexapro (some have told me that off Lexapro I actually looked gay on just adderall, which is odd because me and her have always had great sex, but then again i've always been on one med or another). All of a sudden now, she's telling me that I'm not normal and we can't be together anymore if I don't change. I ask her what she means and she tells me it's obvious that I'm not myself yet I feel more in control of my life than ever? I don't have any normalcy on the Lexapro and so I want to try to come off it and use Klonopin to help me get through withdrawals and see if that helps with Addy XR 25 mg sides.

My pdoc sucks and i've never been more confused in my life. Any opinion or suggestion on best way to get through brutal Lexapro withdrawals (not sure why they are so bad) and if Klonopin with addy is ok even with Lex still in my system, I'd appreciate it. I don't have any sex drive on Lex and Addy XR 25 mg, as in I don't even masturbate. It's drove me insane and i def. feel asexual. so not sure what the issue here is. I got job interview on monday and I can't afford to keep messing up. Any input is appreciated, thank you!