Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Help me plan my EDC roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovehatemolly

Greenlighter
Hey guys this is my first post on the forum but am not necessary new to this site. Blue light has helped me so much and would love to thank the community. Everything i know about MDMA is because of this forum. Took a bad speedy pill once, started googling stuff and sure enough came upon this forum and learned all about test kits and i had to order me one. anyways enough of that.

As you guys probably know this weekend is EDC. Three day EDM festival in Las Vegas with the hottest DJs. I for sure want to be rolling during some of my favorite sets. But I'm torn between what or how I should do it? I know you're suppose to wait a very minimal of at least two weeks before rolling again. Do you folks have any suggestions? I plan on rolling on Friday night 100% sure. I have ruled out sunday (wont be rolling) but what about saturday? Will i be doing too much damage if i roll a second day in a row? What if i only take one capsule?

Little history: I have only rolled a total of three times, each time with about a month and a half of a gap. I have some powder 'Molly' capsules that i will be taking to EDC (tested and results were good). As far as my comedowns i had a pretty bad one off that bad pill i mentioned earlier. After i started testing it has happened again. I feel tired the next day but nothing severe.

I am also told that redosing is a no no. Would taking lets say one capsule every hour (for a total of either 2-3 capsules) be considered redosing?

any input at all will be great. thanks guys, stay safe!

Any dose after the first dose is a redose. If you must take more, keep it to one redose, two MAX. It has been proven that the more you spread your doses out, the more damage that will be done eventually.

We can't really tell you when to drop, but definitely don't roll 2 days in a row.. at least, IMO. Even a 2 week break makes me feel like SHIT, I really need a month to 45 days to be able to function at all the next day. Find some other drugs to enjoy, ketamine, 2C-B and quite a few others will let you have fun the whole time with minimal damage

Folley, thank you so much for your quick response.
Is there anyway I can estimate a dosage? Im a smaller guy, weighing 125lbs. I'd like to stay around the 90mg-120mg range. But dont want to drop 3 pills at once and chance over doing it. Maybe I'll drop two and see how i feel, that way I'd only have to redose once if i even had to.

Thanks for that input. Will definitely only be rolling one night now. I was on the fence about it but you just pushed me over :D I have a birthday coming in exactly two weeks after EDC and am planning to roll on that night as well. (which im a little bit skeptical now, given your experience with a two week break.

Two days in a row isn't gonna cause any lasting damage dude, just have a break after the fest. Just bear in mind you'll need a stronger dose the second day

Any dose after the first dose is a redose. If you must take more, keep it to one redose, two MAX. It has been proven that the more you spread your doses out, the more damage that will be done

Where?

It's common sense that taking more drugs does more damage. It's also common sense that the longer the brain is exposed to MDMA and it's toxic metabloites, there will be more opportunity for damage to be done.

but, here. It's amazing what Google can turn up 8)

The longer the brain is exposed to high doses of MDMA, the more likely it is to suffer cell damage. Boosting (taking a second dose after some period of time) exacerbates the problem because it extends the period of time during which cells are exposed as well as increasing the peak concentrations of MDMA in the system. This increases the likelihood of neuron damage, as well as increasing side effects such as jaw clenching, nystagmus, dry mouth, and dizziness. Extrapolating from recent studies, it appears that taking a 100 mg tablet and then an additional 100 mg after 2 hours is as hard on the brain as taking a single 200 mg dose.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_article2.shtml

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/feb/19/ecstasy-harm-brain-new-study

Lets be honest, drug studies are notoriously biased. I really do have my doubts as to the long term damage caused by MDMA. Do not forget that in the early 90s circa 1 millions pills were taken every weekend in the UK (a country with a population of 60 mil now, undoubtedly less in 92. Are we seeing a generation of people with cognitive defects? No. Why is that?

taking a 100 mg tablet and then an additional 100 mg after 2 hours is as hard on the brain as taking a single 200 mg dose.

Stop the press:- 100mg + 100mg = 200mg

Lets be honest, drug studies are notoriously biased. I really do have my doubts as to the long term damage caused by MDMA. Do not forget that in the early 90s circa 1 millions pills were taken every weekend in the UK (a country with a population of 60 mil now, undoubtedly less in 92. Are we seeing a generation of people with cognitive defects? No. Why is that?

lol that's like the saddest argument against a study there is. Did you take a look at the link at all? No? Why is that?

If you did, you would have seen this study right after it

Single Dose, No Damage Found
A study conducted in Switzerland by Vollenweider, Gamma, and colleagues found that a single, effective, oral dose of MDMA in a comfortable clinical setting caused no detectable change in 5-HT transporter binding. They used the same PET scan techniques developed by the Ricaurte / McCann to show lower 5-HT transporter levels in ecstasy users. Although the number of subjects was small and there is some question about whether these tests could detect small changes, this preliminary research suggests that, in clinical settings, a single 1.7 mg/kg dose of MDMA doesn't cause large changes in 5-HT transporters.

but of course, studies are notoriously biased 8o

Any study using the techniques borrowed from Ricaurte can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, it's pretty hard to find an unbiased drug study

Single Dose, No Damage Found
A study conducted in Switzerland by Vollenweider, Gamma, and colleagues found that a single, effective, oral dose of MDMA in a comfortable clinical setting caused no detectable change in 5-HT transporter binding. They used the same PET scan techniques developed by the Ricaurte / McCann to show lower 5-HT transporter levels in ecstasy users. Although the number of subjects was small and there is some question about whether these tests could detect small changes, this preliminary research suggests that, in clinical settings, a single 1.7 mg/kg dose of MDMA doesn't cause large changes in 5-HT transporters.

Im presuming that this study continued to increase the dosage and re-dosing which proved categorically that re-dosing and high dosages cause large changes in 5-HT transporters which then leads to cognitive impairment? - that would be the natural path to follow I would presume.

Either way i do actually believe that re-dosing and high dosages are not good for you - but what that actually equates to is still a huge unknown.

Dan88 does have a point, a lot of 40/50 year old former ravers in the UK should now be slavering messes if MDMA was actually that damaging.

Can you link to any recent studies or surveys that have been done on safe users and abusers of that era in regards to their current well being?

Let's say .5% of the UK population(that's a very generous amount, most likely much less in reality) indulged regularly during the early 90's, unless they were all dropping like flies i doubt you would really have any way of accurately gauging their well-being. Especially considering most of them would probably lie if a doctor asked them whether or not they ate a boatload of E's in their youth.

I agree that studies can be biased but discounting studies in general for that reason is about as silly as blindly believing any study thrown at you.

To the OP

Will rolling twice in a row once cause noticeable irreversible brain damage? Probably not. Just don't make a habit of it. I've found that moderation is important with any mind altering substance and it's always a better idea to err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
1 million pills every weekend equates to a hell of a lot more than .5%

1 million pills every weekend equates to a hell of a lot more than .5%

First, you are making the faulty assumption that 1 million pills = 1 million people each eating 1 pill.

Second, i clearly stated "indulged regularly during the early 90's". To me that means at least once a month or even every other week.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that responsible use will cause long term cognitive effects. Most of us understand that we just don't know what the long term affects are with certainty.

Two days in a row isn't gonna cause any lasting damage dude, just have a break after the fest. Just bear in mind you'll need a stronger dose the second day

You'd be surprised.. if the doses are even decently high 2 days in a row can obliterate your mind. I've seen it in at least 10 different cases on this site. You can get away with using other drugs 2 days in a row, doing it with MDMA comes with consequences.

You can get away with using other drugs 2 days in a row, doing it with MDMA comes with consequences.

everything comes with consequences, that is the nature of life, cause and effect. doing mdma two days in a row will not automatically 'obliterate' your mind. :|

lovehatemolly i refer you to this festival harm reduction thread

being progressive is one thing but encouraging someone to drop mdma two days in a row is kind of silly, theres never a time that has to happen unless you have done it before and it caused no issues

i know from my own experience 1 night and 180mg is enough for me to be moderately depressed for 2-3 days and still pretty low energy for the whole week after, theres no point for someone to increase the risks of worse comedowns and greater risk to their neurochemistry

There is no need to come away with tabloid headlines like

2 days in a row can obliterate your mind.

which, if your honest sounds a bit worst than

180mg is enough for me to be moderately depressed for 2-3 days and still pretty low energy for the whole week

Sorry i guess i went over the top with the obliterate thing. I just want people to know not to take this lightly. I've seen real bad cases where people dropped 2 days in a row and come back here crying for help. I imagine the feeling after partying hard on MDMA 2 nights in a row can be hellish. I don't think anything at that point would make you happy until you've waited for the recovery to occur, which can take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.