• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Help me ID this vein please

Animoe

Bluelighter
I am trying to ID this vein on the side of my hand (knife edge on the side of the little finger). For some reason, depending on the vein I use, the flash of blood ranges from very near black, to so light red that I worry it's an artery. That's what was up with this one on the side of my hand. It's very near the surface, I can use a 6mm syringe to easily hit it, no air bubbles, but the flash is lighter red than I'm comfortable with. I add diphenhydramine to my shots mainly because it is a really good indicator of which way the blood is flowing. I felt tingling going UP my arm so I am pretty certain it's a vein, but I want to be sure that I wasn't just EXPECTING to feel it up my arm and some placebo shit happened. I know people will say "if it didn't feel like your hand was in a flaming wood chipper then it wasn't an artery", but for some reason unknown to me, my arteries have become desensitized. They don't burn anymore, so I have to be extra sure now because there's no burning anymore to alert me.

I'm kinda wanting to get my blood tested because of how dark some of the flashes are. It was kinda a shock the first time I drew back and saw black blood. Looked like some alien shit.

I’m not really sure if this is allowed, but it think the HR value is definitely there.

Could you take a picture of what you’re refering to?

You may find this useful: http://humananatomychart.us/wp-cont...my-of-back-of-human-hand-stocktrek-images.jpg

Make a trip to your local needle exchange and get their opinion about this issue. They tend to be very understanding and knowledgeable about issues like this.