• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help making heroin #3 snortable?

Carrot man

Greenlighter
Hello, i have a gram of #3 and I'm looking to make it snortable. From what i understand i can cook it with water and citric acid to turn it into a salt. could i then dry it to a powder the same way you cook ketamine solution?
Thanks in advance 👍

Hello, i have a gram of #3 and I'm looking to make it snortable. From what i understand i can cook it with water and citric acid to turn it into a salt. could i then dry it to a powder the same way you cook ketamine solution?
Thanks in advance 👍

You probably won't be able to precipitate powder out of it, just put it in a syringe and squirt it in your nose, that's the absolute best way to do it (which is why all pharmaceutical nose sprays are in a liquid, too), the liquid can pass through nasal and oral mucosa easier. Just remember though, tiny amounts of water at a time. If you feel the water going down your throat, it's going to be oral bioavailability and wasted. If one could figure out how to make a mist spray, that would be the most efficient.

I appreciate the reply, although that's rather disappointing.

Thought #3 was a brown powder (or can be made one by pressing/cutting analog to coke) that can be snorted without preparation? If it's too wet, just let it dry beforehand. Something that many would inject is not supposed to contain insoluble cuts but this happens - then indeed dissolving, filtering and evaporating is the best way.

Thought #3 was a brown powder (or can be made one by pressing/cutting analog to coke) that can be snorted without preparation? If it's too wet, just let it dry beforehand. Something that many would inject is not supposed to contain insoluble cuts but this happens - then indeed dissolving, filtering and evaporating is the best way.
Can be powdered yes, but not water soluble so not going to be absorbed very well when snorted. It clumps up in water alone

You would need something besides citric acid to allow it to precipitate back into a powder. If you let it dry, it will probably just turn into a sticky goo. Same concept when you take cocaine base and mix it with water and citric acid, it won't precipitate, just turns into a dry, oily/sticky glob. That's why salt forms are usually "cocaine hydrochloride", etc. I believe the proper term would be cocaine citrate or diacetylmorphine citrate when using citric acid alone, at least with cocaine that's how it works. It's a neutral pH salt at that point and can be used, just not like what you're used to for intranasal ROA.

Last edited:
Can be powdered yes, but not water soluble so not going to be absorbed very well when snorted. It clumps up in water alone
Admittedly I never checked if my heroin was water soluble, just chopped it up and worked. But might well be that turning it into HCl does increase absorption speed, maybe bioavailability.

Admittedly I never checked if my heroin was water soluble, just chopped it up and worked. But might well be that turning it into HCl does increase absorption speed, maybe bioavailability.

A lot of street heroin #3 and cocaine base is somewhat water soluble, especially if it has acidic cuts in it. So, sniffing it probably does allow some of it to pass through the nasal mucosa, but the rest will get absorbed through the stomach and intestinal walls into the bloodstream, and be subject to first pass metabolism. Neither are completely non-water soluble as a base to begin with, just very poor water solubility and incredibly inefficient to pass through mucous membranes.

Never had any luck snorting #3; awful waste, at least if its just the powder.
Like someone already suggested, if you could make a mist (perhaps by using something like a cologne/aftershave/perfume spray bottle containing the dissolved powder) you could try this. Dont get your hopes up buddy.

You could of course cook it up, lie on your side and just shoot it up your ass - I've heard that always works.

You would need something besides citric acid to allow it to precipitate back into a powder. If you let it dry, it will probably just turn into a sticky goo. Same concept when you take cocaine base and mix it with water and citric acid, it won't precipitate, just turns into a dry, oily/sticky glob. That's why salt forms are usually "cocaine hydrochloride", etc. I believe the proper term would be cocaine citrate or diacetylmorphine citrate when using citric acid alone, at least with cocaine that's how it works. It's a neutral pH salt at that point and can be used, just not like what you're used to for intranasal ROA.
just mix it with a little lactose powder and then microwave it, every 20 seconds stop and kneed it on the quality like doe.. should take less than 2 minutes depending

You are probably better off learning to smoke it as I believe this is safer with less risk of embarrassing and life-threatening OD as you are increasing your dose steadily making it easier to judge.

That said, 3 options I can think of;

1. Crush small amount of citric into a fine powder and 'cut' your line with it. Mash it together good an snort. When it mixes with the water in your nose it will become acidic enough for the h to dissolve/absorb along with it. The longer you leave the line before sniffing the more it kind of goops up an harder to work with so I would only mix a line at a time.

2. Make a citric/water solution and snort or spray this into your nose just before doing the line. Same as before this will make your nose acidic enough to dissolve and absorb.

3. Do what others have said and make a liquid solution of both h and citric and snort that.

Last edited:
People here do snort #3 as it is. This route of application is not very popular though. I don't know anything about bioavailability, but the onset is certainly slow. Something like 20-40 minutes. So no rush, but it does work.
I've only snorted a couple of times myself as I don't like the burning sensation which is kind of EXTREME.

You are probably better off learning to smoke it as I believe this is safer with less risk of embarrassing and life-threatening OD as you are increasing your dose steadily making it easier to judge.

That said, 3 options I can think of;

1. Crush small amount of citric into a fine powder and 'cut' your line with it. Mash it together good an snort. When it mixes with the water in your nose it will become acidic enough for the h to dissolve/absorb along with it. The longer you leave the line before sniffing the more it kind of goops up an harder to work with so I would only mix a line at a time.

2. Make a citric/water solution and snort or spray this into your nose just before doing the line. Same as before this will make your nose acidic enough to dissolve and absorb.

3. Do what others have said and make a liquid solution of both h and citric and snort that.

I have done that and snorted heroin base mixed with citric acid and it burns so much... it is a very acidic solution and I wouldn't snort it unless you buffer it with a little bicarbonate. I do wanna try this last thing because snorting heroin 3 with some acid is gonna destroy anyone's nose (if they can tolerate the huge burning sensation). Even if you use the minimum amount possible of citric acid you're gonna have a solution with a pH of around 2.5, which is way too acidic. Heroin 4 they get in the US is not neutral but it has a higher pH closer to neutral so it doesn't generally cause a burn. Even pharmaceutical heroine isn't neutral and the pH is similar to that of heroin 4.
This is an interesting study about heroin acidity:
I am generally against IVing street stuff (I would give it a go with pharmaceutical only stuff maybe) but even if I wasn't I wouldn't attempt to IV the dope we get here because it will destroy your veins without a doubt, no matter your precautions, since it's so acidic.

I have snorted sublingual bupe tabs and they contain citric acid and again, big burning sensation. Not recommended.

Unless there's more than one type of brown powder heroin #3, you can just snort it.
At least the brown powder heroin found in Scandinavia is ready right off the bat.

Yeah if you're insisting on using this shit then dump a bag on the dull side of foil, heat from underneath, when it melts aand starts running chase and suck op the smoke with a tube.

Don't do heroin tho.

Damn im glad i live on the east coast none of that tar shit is around straight white,brown, and grey powder heroin and its all good to snort i would hate to live on the west coast because all i hear is about that tar heroin and i hate needles I’ll never shoot heroin and I’ve been dealing with it going on 5 years now never been tempted to use a needle

In the hood put it in a medicine bottle with 3 quarters in it. Put the black in it woth sons baking powder and shake it. Hard and fast. It turns into snortable powder

Won’t it melt?@NorCalguy707 @ yes mam I should use lactose when I shake it up with quarters. How much should I use of the powder?