• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help is this dangerous!

bigfloppy

Greenlighter
I am a chronic pain patient. PHN extremely severe acute and chronic suicide pain for 2 years. Had real bad shingles. It went away but the pain did not. It got worse. 10/10 24/7 unrelenting non stop. Tried all the stuff, injections in spine, all the meds, tradition and obscure ones. MRIs. Pain clinics. Infectious disease units and many others.

I am a big ongoing case study. Only thing that works is high dose opioids. I only take oxycodone now as I am sick and tired of being an experiment rat. 40mg oxyneo 4x day plus 20mg x 3 supeudol a day for B/T. I was on high dose hydromorph before but didn't like the drowsy so I went back to oxy. I can pick and choose what and how much I want. Addiction not happening. Well understood by all that I will leave this world if pain not controlled.

I am having a hard time sleeping from the oxy now for some reason. I wake every hour and not from the pain always. I quit MMJ and weened off clonazepam 2mg x 3 a day down to .5 sub Ativan a day. I want to take 50mg lyrica but afraid it will potentiate the oxycodone and ativan then never wake up. Does it seem safe to take? From my .5 ativan at 8pm is it safe to take the lyrica at 1am?

I truly believe these questions would be best if presented to your doctor.
^ This is good advice!

One thing I wanted to clarify- you went from clonazepam three times daily to Ativan. Is this also times three? It could be the medication change is contributing to your sleep pattern changes. To answer your question about Lyrica, yes it can potentiate oxycodone and may feel strong if you're new to it. Don't exceed your prescribed doses of all meds and you should be okay but consult your physician if you become overly sedated. Sorry about your pain, floppy. I'm recovering from shingles myself.

Yes I m going to wait to talk to my pain doc. I have used lyrica lots in the past but never used it with benzodiazipnes. I went to ativan 3 times a day after weening to .5 mg clonazepam 3 times a day. Then weened the ativan down. Now I'm at just one .5 mg of Ativan. The last pill is always the hardest. It's the end of them and a good bye. I'm aware of it being part of the sleep problem but also know the oxycodone is the real problem. When I used oxy in the past I always used lyrica at night. I was also zero tolerance at that point.

I think I am tolerant to the oxy again now which sucks. I have not went over my limit till this week which is funny cause I forgot to mention a week and a half ago I never used more than 30mg of supeudol till this week, the week I told him I didn't need that much and got it reduced to 40mg of B/T. I will let him know and try to get my B/T switched back to dilaudid (I don't like cause it makes me feel good and is addictive to me). I would rather have morphine for sedation.

I took doxepine instead last night like the doc gave me. Not the full 25 mg. Around about 3mg water displacement. It helped. I slept till 5;
:45! But now I'm shaking from anxiety but much more well rested.

PHN is pure torture. I began thinking of an invisible torture artist controlling me. After that I began getting panic attacks thinking I od'ed and could not breath. Which was impossible at the doses at the time. Two 911 calls and a trip to the hospital started me on the benzos with a phyciatrist who didn't care about me. So I stopped the MMJ inducing panic attacks and need of the benzos at my rate. After being a perfect patient and doing everything the docs ask. I get some trust. I live in one of the central cities of the Canadian fent epidemic and getting a docs with this trust is almost impossible. I am lucky now