• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Help! Intense numbness/dizziness (Meth)

Wellthen

Greenlighter
I'm a 35 yr old female. I had a brief relationship with meth 3 years ago. I did it for 6 months, realized it's power and quit and was fine.

Well, I got some lastnight. I made sure I did smaller lines (I've only ever snorted it) because I didn't want to overdo it. At first, it was perfect but after maybe 2 hours I went for another small line. Everything was still good except my stomach hurt and I was dizzy everytime I stood up.

I waited 5 hours til my next line and shortly after that one was when the horrific side effects started.
I felt like intense tingles washing over my entire body, head to toe. If I stood up, I had to hold onto something becsuse of the dizziness. Then all of my extremities started going numb. I was freezing, purple lips but sweating.
I decided against ER when I read similar situations because it seems they just did an IV and a benzo

As time went on, it got better rather than worse. I'm at the point now where the numbness is minimal but the tingles and dizziness are still here. Hot and cold flashes. Temp is 96.7. I don't have a BP cuff.

Why did this happen? Was my tolerance too low for the amount I did in the time frame?
When will it stop?? I did my last line at 5a. It's now 3p.

It sounds like some extreme orthostatic hypotension and alternating hypertension and vasoconstriction going on. I would imagine your blood pressure to be pretty up and down, but mostly high apart from when you stand up and get dizzy. I certainly wouldn't imagine that regular ole meth would cause this severe of effects, but it is possible it could have been either a tainted batch and is laced or high amount of impurities, or it could just be very strong dope. Are you on any medications or taking any other drugs?

It sounds like some extreme orthostatic hypotension and alternating hypertension and vasoconstriction going on. I would imagine your blood pressure to be pretty up and down, but mostly high apart from when you stand up and get dizzy. I certainly wouldn't imagine that regular ole meth would cause this severe of effects, but it is possible it could have been either a tainted batch and is laced or high amount of impurities, or it could just be very strong dope. Are you on any medications or taking any other drugs?

Thanks so much for the reply. I do take Lexapro (10mg) and Hydroxyzine 25mg. Would that cause all of those things?

I'd like to add that my fiancè did the same amount with me at the same times and he did not have the issues that I did. He went to work and was fine. He drank more water than me.

We got 5 grams. We have a ton left. Should I try a smaller amount next time or stay away from it?

Ohh, yes..lexapro and hydroxyzine could most definitely have interactions with methamphetamine. Lexapro being an SSRI and methamphetamine having serotonergic properties as well, you could be experiencing mild serotonin syndrome. Coupled with hydroxyzine which is an antihistamine antagonist, which is probably causing the orthostatic hypotension..lexapro more than likely affects adrenergic receptors as well, which could also lead to drops in blood pressure. The pins and needles is definitely a major symptom of serotonin syndrome however. If you must absolutely consume meth, you will want to take a much smaller dose and I would skip the lexapro altogether. However, skipping one dose of lexapro will not significantly reduce the amount of it still in your body, so you will still want to be wary..You are also obviously taking it for a good reason vs. taking meth for..not so good reasons(but you probably didnt need me to point out the obvious), but it would be good to ask yourself if it is worth what you are doing at all. Serotonin syndrome can turn fatal, and having any presentable symptoms of serotonin syndrome is not a good thing, as it can be toxic to your serotonergic neurons, so just be wary and if you still present the same symptoms from using a lower dose, stop using it. If you wish to keep using it however, I would highly suggest cutting out the lexapro and giving your body at least a week to get it out of your system.

Sorry, I read this and realized I chopped my explanation up a bit, but hopefully this makes sense and helps.

All in all, from my own perspective, if I had 5 grams of dope to do, I would cut out the lexapro and save the hydroxyzine for the comedown. But like I said, it will take time for the lexapro to leave your system(multiple days) so you will have to keep the doses of meth low until then.

All in all, from my own perspective, if I had 5 grams of dope to do, I would cut out the lexapro and save the hydroxyzine for the comedown. But like I said, it will take time for the lexapro to leave your system(multiple days) so you will have to keep the doses of meth low until then.

Thank you for all of your replies. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to give me advice and information.

I definitely can't just stop taking Lexapro. I've skipped days here and there.. I'm thinking I might skip 2 days (half life according to Google is 27-32hrs) so I would think my risk for serotonin syndrome would be lowered. I will have myself a few farewell bumps and that will be that.

We have been good for so long, we just thought a little partying would be fun, it's no thing to give it up, but what a waste of money ??‍♀️

Thank you for all of your replies. I truly appreciate you taking the time out to give me advice and information.

I definitely can't just stop taking Lexapro. I've skipped days here and there.. I'm thinking I might skip 2 days (half life according to Google is 27-32hrs) so I would think my risk for serotonin syndrome would be lowered. I will have myself a few farewell bumps and that will be that.

We have been good for so long, we just thought a little partying would be fun, it's no thing to give it up, but what a waste of money ??‍♀️
A couple days off and just a few bumps sounds like a smart way to go. Good decision and glad to hear you have your priorities in order ☺. Glad i could help!

A couple days off and just a few bumps sounds like a smart way to go. Good decision and glad to hear you have your priorities in order ☺. Glad i could help!

Hi. I decided to update you in case you cared for an update lol

I did as I said and stayed off the lexapro the remainder of the weekend. Yesterday (Monday) I took it slow and made sure I was hydrated the entire time and the scary symptoms did not return! However, the meth we have is junk and I think the only reason it felt decent the first night (before the bad symptoms) was because of the extra serotonin from the lexapro.

Anyways, it did decrease appetite and get me moving so I did more today as well. Still no horrific symptoms, although I did get dizzy standing up a few times and was profusely sweating most of the day.

We decided to toss the rest because it's junk.
Thanks again for the reply, things could have been really bad if you hadn't educated me about serotonin syndrome.

Hi. I decided to update you in case you cared for an update lol

I did as I said and stayed off the lexapro the remainder of the weekend. Yesterday (Monday) I took it slow and made sure I was hydrated the entire time and the scary symptoms did not return! However, the meth we have is junk and I think the only reason it felt decent the first night (before the bad symptoms) was because of the extra serotonin from the lexapro.

Anyways, it did decrease appetite and get me moving so I did more today as well. Still no horrific symptoms, although I did get dizzy standing up a few times and was profusely sweating most of the day.

We decided to toss the rest because it's junk.
Thanks again for the reply, things could have been really bad if you hadn't educated me about serotonin syndrome.
no problem! Glad everything worked out for you✌??

I've felt the hot/cold all over tingles before.this was fifth month of tweaking, right outta rehab. My groomer brought over a huge ball of shit it was either so cut or so dense, probably cut, that it was all white.didnt look like the good kind. Couldn't get a good hit and kept redosing. Finally split the motherfucker in half and slammed the whole chunk of shit, despite the dude telling me not to. I started throwing up everywhere and my chest kept tightening and my lungs kept not working. The fucking asshole refused to call 911 so I did it myself. Cops, emt, mom arrived. I saw a golden light shining outside and thought it was the sun. The hospital couldn't stabilize my heart so they had to give a lethal injection and reset me. Woke up in the ICU with some guy telling me how bad of a drug meth was and that I was dead. Went out and got more.