• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Help/input on my first PPX tek?

theDirtofTheDirtyMan

Greenlighter
Hey all. Recently heard of regular old Benzedrex which is sold otc and have been seeing that it’s actually a really good speed. Open the little inhalers and the cotton inside contains the active ingredient (propylhexedrine). So this was my very first time trying a tek. Never used this drug either. Pretty regular user of meth and wanted to try this.

I know it probably won’t turn out the best but based on what i post i wanted to know y’all’s opinion on how it should turn out. Also I’m going for a powder form or crystal or whatever because I’d like to be able to smoke it.

Here it is.

-got 4 inhalers

-put cottons into jar

-added a bit of 70% isopropyl

-began shaking and adding boiling water

-shook and let it sit for a bit

-transfered to a bigger container(spilled quite a bit onto my work surface:( but still had a good amount left over)

-added 4ml of store bought muriatic acid(began forming a cloud of vapor)

-swirled it a little incorporating it into the mix

-let Sit for 1 1/2 hours

-added some store bought Turpatine

-separated the solvent from the white/cloudy liquid product

-put the white/cloudy liquid product into Pyrex dish

-put on top of griddle/burner and put on very low heat for roughly an hour

-little bit of vapor began coming off as it reduced for about 20-30 min

-took off heat now i have it sitting in front of a pretty high fan

I’m assuming based on my knowledge which is not really any at all(things i read online) that it will turn into an oily product which i can scrape together? Or I’ve also heard it just hardens into crystals. Not sure.

Not sure what to do after this really. Anybody know if this will turn out good or if not what i can do from here to make it a smokeable/snortable product? Thank you so much.

Last edited:
What kind of inhalers did you use?
Best case scenario you extracted something like propylhexedrine, which is pretty much useless if you have meth.

What kind of inhalers did you use?
Best case scenario you extracted something like propylhexedrine, which is pretty much useless if you have meth.
Oh my bad i didn’t realize i didn’t even mention the fact they were Benzedrex inhalers. And yeah the tek i went off of was an attempt to use isopropyl alcohol/muriatic acid/naphtha to extract propylhexedrine. Just wanted to know with the process i described if it should turn out ok as the wanted product. You think it’s useless though? I thought meth went off the dopamine receptors in your brain and propylhexedrine went off serotonin? Idk much about it was just going to try and extract it so i could Smoke a bit.

Oh my bad i didn’t realize i didn’t even mention the fact they were Benzedrex inhalers. And yeah the tek i went off of was an attempt to use isopropyl alcohol/muriatic acid/naphtha to extract propylhexedrine. Just wanted to know with the process i described if it should turn out ok as the wanted product. You think it’s useless though? I thought meth went off the dopamine receptors in your brain and propylhexedrine went off serotonin? Idk much about it was just going to try and extract it so i could Smoke a bit.
If it was a good recreational stimulant it wouldn't be sold OTC. I guess some people enjoy it but it's mostly used when no other good stims are available (at least from what I've heard).

Propylhexedrine is a strong vasoconstrictor so expect a heavy body load and a more "physical" high if you decide to take it. It's not really centrally active the same amphetamines are, it will stimulate you for sure but don't expect it to be an euphoric high unless you're a huge stim fan who enjoys (or doesn't mind) having high blood pressure, tachycardia and physical side effects.

I definitely wouldn't consider taking it in your situation, but that's up to you.
Just be careful with the dosage, don't take too much at first if it's your first time.

Last edited:
All 'good' drugs have been OTC once.

But PropylHexedrine is not even available over here. DiphenDramamine is prescription only. So a lot has to do with the system you live in.

It seems when not overdosed pretty unique as substance. Its not like Meth, is it comparable with another stimulating substance? Just wondering.

Propylhexedrine feels very dirty and it has the not too uncommon side effect of causing very painful migraines. If you do decide to extract and use it just make sure you are using a double boiler setup and good ventilation to boil off these volatile solvents.