• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin HELP, I think i just shot up in an artery in my neck!!

Dop3GodL0ki

Greenlighter
NEED ADVICE! I just missed a shot in my neck and I'm freaking out because I'm scared I might have shot up in an artery. So I'm a fat guy and have no veins that I've been able to hit for a long time. A couple years back I tried my neck and found that I was able to successfully hit myself in the left side of my neck. It actually got so easy that I'd just stick it in and feel it pop then plunge it. I have been going to a methadone clinic and bow only do Heroin/Fentanyl on the weekends or like once a week and I just snort it because eventually I was no longer able to easily hit my neck vein anymore. See I had surgery and the doctors couldn't get a vein for the IV and they decided to put on in the left side of my neck. Pretty ironic right? When they did so there IV eventually started leaking because I guess I ruined that vein. To get to the point, today I got some fentanyl with a friend and he had needles that were clean so I decided to give it try. Needless to say I couldn't get anything anywhere. I stuck myself about 30 times today. About 10 minutes ago I attenpted.to do it in my neck and when I drew back there was a little bit of blood but it wasn't in all the way or correctly so I started to dig around a bit until I felt confident that it was in more. Still didn't get a bunch of blood but I noticed when I pulled the plunger back it didn't automatically repush down like it does when your not in a vein. So I started to plunge it in. I didn't feel any pain really or any burning until like the last 5ccs so I just didn't finish plunging the rest and took the needle out. There was no rush and no high whatsoever and my neck feels pretty weird right now. I'm really scared that I hit an artery and all the things I Google and read online will happen. Gangrene and blood clots and fatality!!! But throughout all my internet searching I couldn't find an actual answer or advice on what to do if you accidentally did hit an artery besides call 911 which if I do that and my mom finds out I'm still using I'll be homeless again and then I'll never get clean fully. I just really want to know if I should be as scared and freaked out as I am. My left arm feels warmer than my right and is a bit redder but nothing drastic. The injection site doesn't really feel numb but and there's zero pain. There's no lump or swelling which usually happens when I miss somewhere. I'm really sorry fellow Bluelighters for such a long thread or if it's in the wrong category but I didn't want to just post a thread in all caps saying need help I'm freaking out, no matter how much I wanted to. Please if you have the time let me know if I should be worried and if I should be worried than what should I be worried about. Or if I'll be okay would be wonderful to hear. I didn't really get a good look at the blood that flowed into.the syringe or I just don't remember because.ive been in a panic since but it was boreal red I think...or I hope. Thank you for your time and you help.

Trust me, going into an artery hurts so bad. Plus I've seen a 2ml barrel be blown out a man's groin and fly across the room from the pressure.

Hitting an artery with a needle and shooting heroin into it in the arm alone makes it swell up 3 times the size, just to get 0.1ml in hurts so bad. I only got 0.3ml in because an idiot was getting me.

You haven't hit an artery, you would have a face like a watermelon and screaming in pain right now if you had.

Trust me, going into an artery hurts so bad. Plus I've seen a 2ml barrel be blown out a man's groin and fly across the room from the pressure.

Hitting an artery with a needle and shooting heroin into it in the arm alone makes it swell up 3 times the size, just to get 0.1ml in hurts so bad. I only got 0.3ml in because an idiot was getting me.

You haven't hit an artery, you would have a face like a watermelon and screaming in pain right now if you had.

Seconded. At least know that if you did hit an artery, it would be difficult to mistake it for anything else.

Like @Zopiclone bandit said, the pressure and pain associated with hitting an artery would make the gravity of the situation obvious. If you think you have injection complications, wait until you're mom goes to work or whatever then go to the hospital and get it straightened out. Make a story up about how you stepped on a nail or got bit by some random Shitzu and you've had issues ever since. I can't guarantee you can have your cake and eat it too in this situation regarding your mom, but your life is more important at the end of the day.

If you have any questions about complications (which this could be, I'm just saying it's probably not an artery hit) or questions about sobriety steps and all of that, you can ask me or any other BLer you feel comfortable with and we will help you out.

Last edited:
NEED ADVICE! I just missed a shot in my neck and I'm freaking out because I'm scared I might have shot up in an artery. So I'm a fat guy and have no veins that I've been able to hit for a long time. A couple years back I tried my neck and found that I was able to successfully hit myself in the left side of my neck. It actually got so easy that I'd just stick it in and feel it pop then plunge it. I have been going to a methadone clinic and bow only do Heroin/Fentanyl on the weekends or like once a week and I just snort it because eventually I was no longer able to easily hit my neck vein anymore. See I had surgery and the doctors couldn't get a vein for the IV and they decided to put on in the left side of my neck. Pretty ironic right? When they did so there IV eventually started leaking because I guess I ruined that vein. To get to the point, today I got some fentanyl with a friend and he had needles that were clean so I decided to give it try. Needless to say I couldn't get anything anywhere. I stuck myself about 30 times today. About 10 minutes ago I attenpted.to do it in my neck and when I drew back there was a little bit of blood but it wasn't in all the way or correctly so I started to dig around a bit until I felt confident that it was in more. Still didn't get a bunch of blood but I noticed when I pulled the plunger back it didn't automatically repush down like it does when your not in a vein. So I started to plunge it in. I didn't feel any pain really or any burning until like the last 5ccs so I just didn't finish plunging the rest and took the needle out. There was no rush and no high whatsoever and my neck feels pretty weird right now. I'm really scared that I hit an artery and all the things I Google and read online will happen. Gangrene and blood clots and fatality!!! But throughout all my internet searching I couldn't find an actual answer or advice on what to do if you accidentally did hit an artery besides call 911 which if I do that and my mom finds out I'm still using I'll be homeless again and then I'll never get clean fully. I just really want to know if I should be as scared and freaked out as I am. My left arm feels warmer than my right and is a bit redder but nothing drastic. The injection site doesn't really feel numb but and there's zero pain. There's no lump or swelling which usually happens when I miss somewhere. I'm really sorry fellow Bluelighters for such a long thread or if it's in the wrong category but I didn't want to just post a thread in all caps saying need help I'm freaking out, no matter how much I wanted to. Please if you have the time let me know if I should be worried and if I should be worried than what should I be worried about. Or if I'll be okay would be wonderful to hear. I didn't really get a good look at the blood that flowed into.the syringe or I just don't remember because.ive been in a panic since but it was boreal red I think...or I hope. Thank you for your time and you help.
Lose weight and stop using IV drugs. Too fat to shoot up, wow that's a new one.