• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help! I run out of my OxyContin and Endone

Misssmiley

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I am a longtime user of OxyContin SR and Endone. I run out in a couple of days and due to my doctor being sick I will have none of my painkillers for 5 days. I have a lot of spinal issues with nerve damage. I am terrified of not having any for 5 days. Can anyone help with suggestions to make these 5 days easier please. I am open to anY helpful ideas. Thanks so much

Red vein kratom and loperamide will ease opioid withdrawal symptoms. I'd use ibuprofen and/or naproxen for pain. Not as effective as oxycodone but better than nothing.

Good luck!

This is a great answer. The combination should help tremendously.

I guess I also suggest Gabapentin and/or Phenibut as they’re good for nerve pain.

The 5 days will suck but these should at least make it easier to handle.

-GC

Thanks for all your advice! I am in Melbourne Australia so unfortunately Kratom is a banned substance. I have tried to see another doctor at the same clinic but the are all booked out. Feels like i can’t win at the moment. I have been on my current medication for 10 years so I am very scared to go through these 5 days

You must tell them this.
No responsible medical professional would allow you to go through opioid withdrawals.
The key word being "responsible"
Due to the anti opiate hysteria I was cut off cold from 16yrs of 80mg methadone and 28mg hydromorphone a day. Got a call one day and was told my Dr. retired and the cunt that took over said that she "didn't believe in prescribing opiates."

Since your a legit patient i would recomend going to another doctor and telling them the truth. I had to do this in the past when my doc went on vacation once without telling me and i got enough morphine to do me.

Use tagamet about 30 minutes before lopermide so it crosses the blood brain barrier better, it can actually get you quite high, I didn't believe it until I tried it myself in kratom withdrawal before. Kratom alone would have to be dosed pretty damn high probably. IMO, avoid red vein, it's sun dried causing damage to alkaloids and often ends up turning brown. Look for the greenest kratom you can find, so I swear by "green vein" (vein color is kinda arbitrary as the same plant can produce different veins). Just keep in mind, tagamet reduces the effectiveness of kratom. Lots of people think it potentiates but it's actually the opposite. It won't stop it from working completely but it definitely lessens the effect.

Use tagamet about 30 minutes before lopermide so it crosses the blood brain barrier better, it can actually get you quite high, I didn't believe it until I tried it myself in kratom withdrawal before. Kratom alone would have to be dosed pretty damn high probably. IMO, avoid red vein, it's sun dried causing damage to alkaloids and often ends up turning brown. Look for the greenest kratom you can find, so I swear by "green vein" (vein color is kinda arbitrary as the same plant can produce different veins). Just keep in mind, tagamet reduces the effectiveness of kratom. Lots of people think it potentiates but it's actually the opposite. It won't stop it from working completely but it definitely lessens the effect.
Thanks for the reply! Do I just take the recommended dose of Tagamet and loperamide or should I increase it? I have been taking the opiates for 10 years now so 5 days without it is terrifying for me. I don’t want to ask the other doctors at the clinic because the last time I did that they red flagged me

The key word being "responsible"
Due to the anti opiate hysteria I was cut off cold from 16yrs of 80mg methadone and 28mg hydromorphone a day. Got a call one day and was told my Dr. retired and the cunt that took over said that she "didn't believe in prescribing opiates."

Jesus H Christ man……my doc of 20+ years retired and the new young doc was like….you’re on Methadone 80mg ? That’s way too high

I said oh ya….perhaps you can call Centre for Pain Management and speak to the senior physician who has been practicing and specializing in pain treatment his entire professional life, and tell him he has overprescribed me lol

My medical condition with chronic pain and 10+ years of opioid analgesic medications you build a tolerance I had to explain to the doctor

He basically purchase my retired docs entire client/patient list ……If they fuck around they should have their entire patient list stripped from them lol…..have fun paying 20-30K monthly for rent you @*#&$ sucker

My only use for you is to write me a script, shut the $*@& up, write my script, and include 20 repeats so I don’t have to see you for a few years

^ Your in Canada and have methadone for pain? Thats pretty rare here i think because i think you need a special license to prescribe it. I would like to try it for my nerve pain but no doctor ive had can prescribe it i think

^ Your in Canada and have methadone for pain? Thats pretty rare here i think because i think you need a special license to prescribe it. I would like to try it for my nerve pain but no doctor ive had can prescribe it i think

Where’s ‘here’?
If you’re on about the UK, which I’ve seen you mention before then no, they don’t need a special home office license to prescribe methadone for pain.
The reason they don’t do it often is stigma (Apparently patients don’t wanna be on it.) and also cause it builds up in the body and has to be does multiple times a day, which especially without an opioid tolerance is risking overdose so the doc’s gotta go slow.
Other opioids not lasting as long are a lot more forgiving and if used in the slow-release forms only need dosing one to two (Three if you’re lucky and get a doctor who knows that MSContin and OxyContin only really last about 8 hours for decent pain relief.) times a day.

Where’s ‘here’?
If you’re on about the UK, which I’ve seen you mention before then no, they don’t need a special home office license to prescribe methadone for pain.
The reason they don’t do it often is stigma (Apparently patients don’t wanna be on it.) and also cause it builds up in the body and has to be does multiple times a day, which especially without an opioid tolerance is risking overdose so the doc’s gotta go slow.
Other opioids not lasting as long are a lot more forgiving and if used in the slow-release forms only need dosing one to two (Three if you’re lucky and get a doctor who knows that MSContin and OxyContin only really last about 8 hours for decent pain relief.) times a day.

In in Canada and pretty sure they need a special license here

Oh right, I’ve no idea about Canada and their laws regarding prescribing.

Any doctor can prescribe it, they just need a license if prescribed for addiction

Any doctor can prescribe it, they just need a license if prescribed for addiction

Are you sure? I have never even heard of a doctor here prescribing it for pain. I may have to ask though because from everything ive read methadone would work better for the pain i have

Yes, an old friend was dying of cancer a few years ago and i was surprised her family doctor was giving her methadone tablets for pain. Very low dose though 10mg

NO…….incorrect. In Canada…..any licensed medical professional (family physician) can legally prescribe Methadone HCL tablets (METADOL 1/5/10/25mg tablets) as an Opioid analgesic medication.

Methadone Clinics also have a special licence to dispense …..many guidelines, rules, etc
Family Physicians write you a script for new sealed bottle of 100 tablets of oral tablets 30days