Scared HELP! I relapsed and now I’m afraid of what the outcome may be....

Lovelyyflower

Greenlighter
I don’t want to take up too much of anyone’s time with a long read, but here goes....

I am officially on day 8 of going Cold Turkey from hydro/Percocet. My normal dosage of hydro was around 50-80mg of hydrocodone each dose 3-4 times a day. I would only take Percocet when I am not able to get my hands on hydros. I have actually gotten through the hard part physically. So my questions, or should I say questions are 1.If I have been completely clean and going Cold Turkey will my tolerance have lowered drastically by now? And 2. Will the fact that I have taken about half of my normal dosage be setting me back to day 1 of withdrawl with the physical symptoms. I’m deathly afraid of them coming back with a vengeance. I’m so disappointed in myself for giving in to the cravings. Given this is my first time ever doing this. But I promised myself this will be the only slip up and it CAN NOT happen again.

All advice/opinions is greatly welcomed and appreciated. I know I have let the little devil in my head win. No need to scold me there. I know I’ve messed up big time! I just have to keep reminding myself to just pick myself up dust myself off and keep going!!

I'm not 100% sure on this. Your tolerance might have dropped a little, but probably not by much. And I don't think you will start over with the withdrawal symptoms if you've just taken one dose. I think by day 8 you will have gone through most of the withdrawal, so I don't think it will start up at the beginning again.

Hopefully someone that has specific experience with hydrocodone withdrawal will swing through this thread and give you a more expert opinion.

I'm not 100% sure on this. Your tolerance might have dropped a little, but probably not by much. And I don't think you will start over with the withdrawal symptoms if you've just taken one dose. I think by day 8 you will have gone through most of the withdrawal, so I don't think it will start up at the beginning again.

Hopefully someone that has specific experience with hydrocodone withdrawal will swing through this thread and give you a more expert opinion.
Thank you so much for replying! I’m hoping it doesn’t. But it would be nice to just have some reassurance.

Your tolerance will start dropping when withdrawal starts. When withdrawal ends your tolerance will have dropped to probably a fraction of what it was (but still likely not to the level of someone who was never tolerant).

I've never used hydrocodone so I'm not familiar with how long any of it is likely to take. But how much tolerance you've lost will depend on how long you've been in withdrawal.

If you relapse, and take say, 1 dose, you shouldn't become immediately tolerant again. So there shouldn't be any serious withdrawal as a result.

However, if you have been tolerant before you will most likely become tolerant again a lot faster than you would likely have the first time. Not so fast as a single dose will make you tolerant, but if you keep using you may well become tolerant again surprisingly fast.

Just not likely from the first dose.

Hope that was reasonably clear and helpful. <3

Good luck, I know how horrible opioid dependence and addiction is, it's not easy. Pretty much everyone will relapse at some point so try not to beat yourself up. <3

Your tolerance will start dropping when withdrawal starts. When withdrawal ends your tolerance will have dropped to probably a fraction of what it was (but still likely not to the level of someone who was never tolerant).

I've never used hydrocodone so I'm not familiar with how long any of it is likely to take. But how much tolerance you've lost will depend on how long you've been in withdrawal.

If you relapse, and take say, 1 dose, you shouldn't become immediately tolerant again. So there shouldn't be any serious withdrawal as a result.

However, if you have been tolerant before you will most likely become tolerant again a lot faster than you would likely have the first time. Not so fast as a single dose will make you tolerant, but if you keep using you may well become tolerant again surprisingly fast.

Just not likely from the first dose.

Hope that was reasonably clear and helpful. <3

Good luck, I know how horrible opioid dependence and addiction is, it's not easy. Pretty much everyone will relapse at some point so try not to beat yourself up. <3
Thank you!! I appreciate it so much that you were able to take the time and reply with some helpful info.

Everybody is different- this is why opiates can be so dangerous. Around Christmas time I used my usual amount and overdosed, door broken down by paramedics and naloxone.

I would say if you have got through withdrawals, please don't use them again! But I know what it is like to be an addict, in that time tolerance has likely fallen quite a bit as you probably found from your dosage now.

I might be WRONG, but I don't think it will set you back to day 1. But if you use again tomorrow I expect it would.

Be safe my friend.