• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

HELP, I need to relieve

sasqwatch01

Greenlighter
Let me start by saying i need help with relieving pain. I dont drink, smoke, do drugs nor do i have any interest in recreational drug use.
I however get tattooed once a month an am working towards a full body suite.

I had been taking 2 1/2 7.5/325 apap pills for my sessions (doctor prescribed fromseveral surgeries i had in the past)
However i have run out an i also seem to think the dose isnt working as well as it once did. I do know we arent supposed to take more than 1000mg of apap, an so i never tried more.

With me running out my friend brought a liquid version of the same medicine (same ratio) an i took the same doese an i had my shin bone tatooed, i was in horrible pain an it became very obvious i have built up a tolerance over the course of a year of being tatooed.

I had to cut the session short. It was horrible. Not getting tattoed isnt much of an option i would do it with the pain if i have to, however sitting for 3-4 hours in pain isnt fun.

I read on another post how DXM at 1-2mg per pound of body weight can have analgesic properties, I weight about 230lbs an i took 225mg the other day to see how i felt an i felt a lil loopy at first but it was manageable however i didnt see much of a difference in reaction to pain (slapping my arm as a test lol )

took 354mg of dxm an took 15mg of hydrocodone, an 650 mg of apap tonight to see how i would react, it was noticeably stronger an the pain relieving properties where there.

My question is, how safe is this? Long term effects? Id only use this combo once a month, like i said im not looking to get high just make my appointments doable without a lot of pain. Thanks

Wish I could help you. I have multiple tattoos but have always been told not to drink or get high before the ink sets in as this can increase bleeding. My friend takes Lyrica for fibro and got some ink done, but honestly pain is part of the game and if you're heading towards a body suit and don't like pain, you're in the wrong game.

Wish I could help you. I have multiple tattoos but have always been told not to drink or get high before the ink sets in as this can increase bleeding. My friend takes Lyrica for fibro and got some ink done, but honestly pain is part of the game and if you're heading towards a body suit and don't like pain, you're in the wrong game.
I have heard this about tattoos and piercings too, and friends of mine who have them say they go in sober because they love the endorphin rush, but I personally do not have any.

I would look to get more Hydro's and bump up the dose to what level you need for comfort. I will say drinking is dumb(been there done that) because you bleed like a crazy person and it make's for a crap tattoo.