• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help! I can't enjoy cannabis

Flowerpotman

Bluelighter
Hello! I'm in a bumpy period right now. I'm withdrawing from lyrica, I'm on a low-dose SSRI, and I'm trying to break through some mild anxiety and depression. My life story is boring but I used to be very successful but I'm now not which is playing on my mind. I used to self medicate with booze but I didn't really enjoy it. Then prescription painkillers but I'm self-imposed coming off them. So I'd like something to relax with and thought weed might do it... just something for dull evenings like. I bought a bag off weed off a friend that grows their own just to sample it and I've maybe tried it 4-5 times now. Each time I've had only a couple of puffs from a combusting chamber pen device thing and each time I've just gone really paranoid. I hallucinate visuals in the corner of my sight and sounds, and they're always out to get me! The most recent one was that I thought my parents were coming over and was worried they'd be able to smell the weed! Before this I have NEVER been paranoid! It's my one good thing!

I'm not sure what's happening but I really want to enjoy it. I think it could work wonders for my (mild) anxiety and depression, and to help my brain switch off. Is there a right way to do this? Or a certain breed of plant I should get? Is CBD vape-able and would that be gentler to me?

Lyrica was fucking brilliant to me, and codeine is ace. Just wish this was better to me! heh

first of all, smoke way less. high quality weed can floor a person without a tolerance easily after "a few puffs".

weed with higher CBD content might also be more beneficial to you as you said.

first of all, smoke way less. high quality weed can floor a person without a tolerance easily after "a few puffs".

^^100% agree.

First, try to smoke less of it(like 1 small puff) and see if it works and if not, try to find an indica strain with low thc and high cbd or just a strain weaker than the one you have now. For anxiety purposes, cbd is your best friend and thc is your worse enemy. If all you want is to relieve anxiety without any high, cbd hemp oil is the best bet.

I highly recommend CBD. You get oil, vape pens, or just steep raw weed in hot water. Or just eat it if you like the taste. CBD is water soluble so you will get a pleasantly relaxed feeling that lasts.
If you continue to use THC or go back to it eventually, use less, supplement with CBD, and build your sesh around an activity. Personally, I have a strong tendency to cook or go for a walk while I'm high.
Just sitting around and waiting for your thoughts to stop is the best way to bring out the otherworldy, introverted, psychedelic, and challenging aspects of cannabis. When you aren't looking for psychedelia use it to facilitate engrossment in a task.

as already mentioned, CBD is great for people with anxiety who want to enjoy weed. to me it seems as if theres two option: quit weed all together or find a proper strain which can be easily done if you have a medical/recreational/whatever-you-call-it dispensary. That way you can enjoy the herb. also take into mind that it can just be unpleasant to certain people. ive done my fair share of smoking pot in the past and it can say that if its not in the right conditions(too much happening around, smoked too much etc. etc.) it can be unpleasant and not fun. This has been rare for me because i can control my high,but still, thats not the same for everyone

Spot on. I get stressed and uneasy from sativa dominant strains, buy pretty chilled from nice pale green indica dom. If you can, go for that... And definitely smoke less per session, you don't need to get totally fucked up to enjoy cannabis.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I found that single tokes didn't do much but if I have a toke every 15 mins it helps ease me into it. I think yeah... I'm gonna try a milder strain and look at reducing the THC content in my current batch. I didn't even know you could do that so thats pretty cool.

Hello again! I've been using CBD oil. It's kinda funny really. I thought I'd have to go to a headshop and be all sneaky about this but here a major highstreet health shop sells some very good quality stuff (apparently!). I'm gonna try some more weed soon to see if CBD helps.