• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP!! HOW BAD WILL THE WITHDRAWALS FROM IV HEROIN BE? Thank you!

Sharp91

Greenlighter
Hello,

SWIM has been using Heroin IV once or twice a day for 2 weeks straight, and smoking for about a month. If they were to quit cold turkey today how bad would the withdrawals be, what can they expect? How long will the physical discomfort last? If anyone has any helpful hints to speed up the process or make it more bearable that would be really cool. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. SWIM is ready to be clean, just want to know what SWIM is in for, does SWIM need to get their shifts covered and such.

Thank you for your help! SWIM and I are desperate for help and knowledge on the subject!

We don't swim on BL cause we know it is you and swim offers no legal protection.

You will definitely be in for a week of hell. The first 3-5 days will be the worst with symptoms easing after that period. Of you can get your hands on Gabapentin, Clonidine, a benzo preferably a long acting like Valium or Klonopin, and Seroquel you should be golden. That is magic formula that makes pretty much all symptoms go away even after a 300+mg a day Oxy habit.

The Seroquel helps immensly with sleep and the benzo will calm down the anxiety, Gabapentin pretty much stops most withdrawal symptoms for whatever reason, and the clonidine also helps stop the symptoms and helps with sleep. I take .4 of Clonidine, .5 of Klonopin sometimes more, 1200 or more of Gabapentin, and 200-300 of Seroquel and I'm good to rest. A Seroquel naive person can get away with as little as 25mg, the less to achieve the desired effects the better as too much can cause Tardif Dyskinisia which is basically restless legs and will contribute to any RLS you are experiencing from the withdrawals.

Good luck and remember with time it will pass but after the main symptoms subside you will have to deal with the PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) which consist of depression and anxiety.