• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! Hit artery I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

get high

Bluelighter
Hello I injected into the top of the wrist, (above the top of my hand) and I believe I hit the artery. I didn't know there was an artery on the top part of my arm near my wrist but I guess there is. There is a burning sensation in my heart, I'm freaking out. This is the second time trying to inject myself. Fuck!

if it is that serious seek professional medical attention instead of posting on an internet forum, hospitals are nice dont worry about your drug use trust me your life is more valuable then getting rousted.

also, are you sure you hit an artery?
did the blood look frothy and lighter colored than usual upon registration?
was the sting much more painful than usual?

these are typical of arterial injections

good luck

Was the rose bloom bright red or dark red? Does your hand burn?

Artery shots can result in limb amputation and blod clots, but they carry blood away from the heart, so your heart shouldn't be affected too much from an artery shot. But if you're really worried, go to the er. It could be that you did hit a vein, but it's a bad batch.. in which case go to the er.

Was the rose bloom bright red or dark red? Does your hand burn?

Artery shots can result in limb amputation and blod clots, but they carry blood away from the heart, so your heart shouldn't be affected too much from an artery shot. But if you're really worried, go to the er. It could be that you did hit a vein, but it's a bad batch.. in which case go to the er.

I have no idea if it was a artery shot or not, the first time I shot into the artery my hand swelled up to 10 times its size, and my arm did. Also there was a burning sensation while I injected. When I injected this time there wasn't any pain, but the blood flowed into the syringe really well which is a sign of a artery shot. Also I didn't get a rush nor did I get high when I shot up, so I'm assuming it was a artery shot, else wouldn't I feel something? Is there a artery on the top of your arm, near your wrist, like right above the top of your hand or not?!?! I have no idea if I shot into the artery or not. What is so deadly about an artery shot? This doesn't seem like the actual time I shot into the artery, but I have no idea. I have only successfully shot myself up once. I research and research to no avail. What's so deadly about a artery shot!? What's the signs that the artery shot could be dangerous or deadly?

The drug gets absorbed into your extremities for the most part.. this is what leads to amputation.. But an artery shot WILL burn like a MF! If it didn't burn, it wasn't an artery shot..
Sure there's arteries all over you hands and wrists.

if it is that serious seek professional medical attention instead of posting on an internet forum, hospitals are nice dont worry about your drug use trust me your life is more valuable then getting rousted.

also, are you sure you hit an artery?
did the blood look frothy and lighter colored than usual upon registration?
was the sting much more painful than usual?

these are typical of arterial injections

good luck

I have only injecting myself 3 times, so I don't know the difference between the two colors of blood that I should be looking for. The H liquid itself is dark, so the blood in is was dark too I guess? Is there an artery above your wrist on the top of your hand?!!? Does anyone know?! My arm hurts really bad right now

I have shot up into the artery before, and I went to the hospitol. It BURNED SO bad. This time it didn't but I didn't get a rush or a high, I'm pretty sure it was a artery shot but I have no idea. IS there a artery, like above your hand, on the top part, just inches away from the wrist, but on the top of your hand?

The drug gets absorbed into your extremities for the most part.. this is what leads to amputation.. But an artery shot WILL burn like a MF! If it didn't burn, it wasn't an artery shot..
Sure there's arteries all over you hands and wrists.

When I research where the artery is, it looks like the EXACT spot where I shot up, but the problem is on the diagram I don't know if it is on the bottom or top of the arm. I know it was a artery shot, I'm positive. There was a burning sensation actually, just slightly though. What are the dangers of a artery shot?! I can't find much on it, my arm is hurting more and more and more

It won't kill you. hold your arm over your head. The dangers are the chance of blood clots and possible amputations. If you continue to bleed or the pain is too great. seek medical attention.

Learn human anatomy before iving.. If the blood is bright red, or it rushes into the rig, you hit an artery. Always push the plunger down slowly, just a little bit, if it stings back out. BUT if you don't filter properly, insoluble objects can enter the blood stream. Did you use a micron filter?

Learn human anatomy before iving.. If the blood is bright red, or it rushes into the rig, you hit an artery. Always push the plunger down slowly, just a little bit, if it stings back out. BUT if you don't filter properly, insoluble objects can enter the blood stream. Did you use a micron filter?

I used a rolled up cotton. ALso I couldn't tell if the blood is bright red or dark red because my shot was very dark already, and the blood mixed with that. My arm hurts really bad. Like I said I've only injected myself 3 times, once successful, then once in the artery, then this time, perhaps in the artery again, but I don't know. I'm so stressed out ugh. I wish I had a friend who could of shown me the ins and outs of shooting up, but sadly none of my friends shoot up dope, or even use dope...

Imo you should go to the hospital/ a doctor just to be safe

Exactly. There's really no reason not to go. I tell them I've been smoking meth and they treat me just as respectfully. The only time I've seen them treat a patient differently, it was because they were either belligerent or violent. That's when big guys come and strap you down.

Whenever I go to the hospital due do drugs they usually treat me horribly. Also they never seem to help or even try to. They always seem the least bit concerned

so um, what happened... your obviously alive. did you learn your lesson?

I think a lesson here is : Look up popular shooting sites where there arents arteries and always use them, but switch between so each one has time to recover *Atleast a little bit*

Three ideas, others chime in if I'm not right on please:

1. The worst area for arteries, w.r.t. to ease of access and common places to try, is near the end of the arm is a square area b/w crook of wrist and up the arm about as wide as the wrist. We call that the "no" area at our HRC. That's the side of the wrist facing down when you write with a pen.

2. Anything that might be arterial requires, in my conservative HR perspective, an immediate trip to the ER, preferably by a sober companion who doesn't freak out and can drive safely. They can drop you off if your conscious. All US ERs must treat emergency patients.

3. Download or get a bound copy of the HR bible, "Getting Off Right." Read it often. You'll find it with a simple internet search. The harm reduction coalition has it.

Spread the word, print copies of the guide for everyone you know. I've had iv users with 30 yrs use who thought they knew everything then learned a lot when they got a copy, had it been available earlier they could have saved themselves pain, limbs, others lives, money, disease infection, shame, hopelessness and... dope. I got my copy around '03 when I joined Bluelight (my screen name charged a little in '10 so my history isn't complete (I was speedball_racer).

Be well, stay safe. And no speedballs unless you have me test it first ;)

Last edited:
Hello I injected into the top of the wrist, (above the top of my hand) and I believe I hit the artery. I didn't know there was an artery on the top part of my arm near my wrist but I guess there is. There is a burning sensation in my heart, I'm freaking out. This is the second time trying to inject myself. Fuck!

There's know way for us to know definitively if you hit an artery or a vein. Please use this as lesson to be more careful and educated about where you shoot. Also let this be a lesson on what could happen if you don't filter properly, please order yourself some micron filters. They could save your life and they definitely will save you health problems down the road! If the swelling or pain hasn't subsided within a day, please seek medical attention.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.