Help - got a "Notice of Seizure" letter from Dept. of Homeland Security

dayroller

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I have ordered some meds in the past via online pharmacies that give you an online consultation first.... have had no problems until the past two months when my orders were not arriving. (I was only ordering small orders at a time, i.e. 1-2 months' worth of one med, every few months, not enormous orders).

Yesterday I got a "Notice of Seizure" from the NYC US Customs and Border Patrol an Dept. of Homeland Security that a package addressed to me had been seized, and that I could either try to claim it (yeah right, and incriminate myself???) or let the gvmt take it.

What should I do about this? Should I be worried about being searched or watched by Big Bro? I am not at all a big time buyer, so it kinda pisses me off that they are targeting me.

If I went and obtained a prescription for these meds, would my buying of the meds from these sites be legal? (Even if I got the prescription in Mexico, but I am a US citizen?)

Any help appreciated, thanks.

If you needed a consultation before you ordered them doesn't that mean that you have a "prescription?" I mean you and me both know that it might be a bullshit prescription, but it is a prescription none the less... so I don't see why you can't claim it...

Its common but be aware they definetly DO watch. I had a friend who was on parole and his P.O. called him up one day and was like uh I was contacted by the DEA informing me about your purchases of pharmy meds. Than she asked if it was ok to call him on a confrence call. The DEA agent just asked a bunch of questions, probably curious as to the quantities that were being delivered. My friend told them he had a script for them and it was left at that...

buyer beware

Thanks guys. I don't order a whole lot, and I am across the entire country from the place where they seized the meds, so I'm hoping I'm okay and just out the $$$ I paid for the meds... I won't be ordering to my addresses any more, too much risk.

I would strongly advise against having meds from overseas pharmacies sent to your own personal residence.

I probably wouldn't claim the package if I were you, but I doubt any legal trouble will result from this one incident.

Side note: I wonder what the government does with all the drugs from foreign pharmacies! ;)

I'm not going to claim it, unless I am 200% sure that my "prescription" is legal. But it's already been 30 days since they seized my order (of course, I got the letter AFTER those 30 days), so apparently the gvmt should have it already... and I am sure they are nice and sleeping very well now with my meds...

it could be that the "pharmacy" you ordered from was targeted or closed down and therefore all packages from them are flagged, try to do a little reasearch on the internet with the company's name, especially the name billed as. probably not a big deal or there would have been a knock on your door by local authorities after the shipment was signed for, the warrant would be easy to grant if the company has been proved fradulent.

Over the course of about 1.5 years, I ordered 2 shroom grow kits from the netherlands and the 2nd one was seized by customs. I also placed 2 orders from an overseas internet pharmacy for 100 ativans and the 2nd was seized by customs. Although I have no evidence to confirm it, I'll bet that my name and address are now in a database and any overseas packages coming thru customs addressed to me will be subject to increased scrutiny. Buyer beware!

I've ordered from places that will send you a new package if the first one gets seized...

You sure theyll actually send it though, easy to make claims like this but to actually send another order for free would be very generous of them... why not say it gets taken every time? :)

^ yes the will resend a new package if the company is half way decent.

notneo - you got the idea, it works like a charm to

yeah, your order is probably from a place closed down or about to be closed down. i ordered something from a site in the netherlands. all the previous orders had arrived quickly, but mysteriously one didn't show up. he resent it twice. unfortunately he was just giving customs more evidence for the investigation they were doing.. damn i was pissed. i feel more sorry for him though. he's serving time or something now.

Yeah, my place re-shipped to me 2-3 times... and I never got any of the packages. My pharmacy was in the Netherlands as well.... well they refunded all my $ without any problems, I didn't even have to ask for it back. I hope they don't get shut down, they are a pretty big site and have a lot of customers and before this were very easy to work with.