• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help getting clean from oxycodone

Mtore

Greenlighter
Hello new here! Im trying to get clean... I am prescribed pain meds and have been for 5 years, my dr is slowly tapering me Ive went from 75mg oxycodone (15mg x 4/day) and am now at 30mg a day (10mg x 3/day) since being on 10mg Ive been not taking as prescribed, I double up because it does not help my pain just 10mg... Im having to get more meds to make it thru each month because Im taking more then prescribed, I cant afford this, its affecting my marriage and my life, I know its more then a physical dependency even though I dont want to admit it, yes I have real pain but I can not continue to revolve my life around waiting for my next dose everyday... its falling apart and I dont like the feeling of feeling like crap between doses... I am not strong whatsoever when the withdrawal symptoms kick in... what would my best method be to be clean? My dr is slowly tapering but Im not following that so maybe thats not an option as Im not in control of myself to follow the dosing Im at... would suboxone be good? I dont know how hard it is to come off suboxone? I just know cold turkey isnt going to work I always give in when the restless legs start and the sneezing where I cant catch my breath... I know I?
m not on very high dosage so Im hoping theres a better way to do this...

Can you get kratom where you live? A lot of people have apparently used it to come off opiates including heroin. I don't personally have any experience because I've never been addicted to opiates, but I did start using it coming off of alcohol and clonazepam.

Can you get kratom where you live? ... I did start using it coming off of alcohol and clonazepam.
Coudn't imagine alcohol and clonazepam WDs. Damn....
Kratom can fill the gaps and help one get off many a substance (uppers and downers). It is also an effective pain killer that for me can dull aches that opiates wont. Kratom may come with it's own problems so use it wisely lest one wants to acquire another possible addiction.

Last edited:
Try using a small dose of DXM ( around 30-60mg) or a couple Benadryl thirty minutes to an hour before you take you first dose of Oxy. It should make the 10mg feel like 15mg or 20mg easily. I DON"T reccomend taking DXM and Benadryl at the same time for this. DXM will probably work better. Also, try drinking grapefruit juice in the same fashion to help make the doses seem stronger.
As for Suboxone, As long as you're not staying on it for an extended period, and you strictly follow the short term taper plan, I THINK you should be able to easily come off of it.

kratom is harsh for me and it kills me and gives me a nauseous head. i already like taking alprazolam, a benzo, everyday, because it helps with pain relief for me but i feel like it is very difficult to function without it now. it's really terifying to wake up everyday and know this. it's just perfect for me and i wonder when i will be able to
cope wirhout it. taper has to be a way to ween whenever possible. i think MM can be
a big help with getting out of many types of substances and/or their abuses if not out weighed by the result.
i think MM can be a great way to help out with not being dependent on other stronger substances. And, of course, be careful of not taking too much of anything.
i took some kratom about four times and i never want to be that sick anymore.
MM is helping, thank you gawd.