• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help. Gabapentin experience varies between person, hugely

Ive heard everything from “100-200mg once or twice a week has changed my life” to “3000 a day does almost nothing and stopping was easy” to… my situation.

Thoughts welcome.

Gabapentin is an evil drug for me. Ive taken 300mg, three times a day for only a month, and withdrawal has stopped me from even reducing.

After major health problems and a decade of *high-dose* opiates, I took subutex for four years and was never able to stop. I’m nearly healthy again. I was in detox two months ago, for way too short of a time. Left and couldn’t sleep for days due rls. Finally took some of the only thing I had: phenibut. You may know it develops withdrawal and tolerance faster than any other drug. Very long story as to why, but I kept thinking only need it another day and will get other help. That remarkably went on two weeks. Was totally dependent. Doc gave baclofen 20mg tid and gaba 300 tid, prn at my urging after researching phenibut withdrawal. Was enough to stop phenibut, using lower than allowable doses of the new meds.

Been taking them a month though. Tried to stop, then to taper. Taking maybe half of the permitted baclofen on average. Sometimes four gaba as I started lower than tid. If I go even 12 hours without a gabapentin, I feel terrible. I basically feel awful taking it or not taking it, but much worse not taking it. What an awful drug; I hate it. Ive had other withdrawals and Im not just being dramatic. Low dose and short time yet having real trouble. (I know some will be skeptical no matter what I write; Im surprised myself).

More longterm, not hopeful about just stopping all and staying that way and jumping back into life after ten years off. Going to fairly unique, religious program, only of its kind in country

But have to stop gaba before can go!

Seems like I probably need benzos for just a week to break it? Dont know how to get. I can’t imagine withdrawal would last long after such a short time on it. But clock is running. Only getting longer.

Only the other hand, clock is also running as far as time off bupe and other opioids. All this bs has me at almost two months away from that.

Last edited: