• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help Fighting DXM Nausea?

mrmarkvile

Greenlighter
After doing a LOT of research, I decided to experiment with DXM. I have experience with many drugs but have never taken a dissociative before.
I weight around 110lb and took a first-time dose of 90mg. I didn't really feel apart from mildly elevated mood and some stimulation. I then tried 120mg and felt mild euphoria. I slept well.
My last dose was 160mg last night and I got some dissociation and a speedy euphoria. I was more talkative than usual and had a general feeling of "everything's going to be okay" similar to a mild benzo dose.

The problem is as the dose is increasing and I drink more of the syrup (which contains DXM and other active ingredients) the most nauseated I get. I was really struggling not to throw up for a while last night.

I plan to try dosing 200mg tonight in an attempt to reach the second plateau, but just the thought of the stuff is making me feel sick.

Is there an way to reduce the nausea/vomiting? Is it better to sip it slowly or down it in one?

Have you considered buying Dextromethorphan in the form of single-ingredient capsules? It's a little bit more expensive, but the syrups contain a lot of sugar and fillers typically that can definitely contribute to your nausea. I'll add that this sort of thing is not uncommon for users of DXM.

Pills/capsules decrease nausea so much. Usually, at a dose more than say, 350, the nausea will come on for about an hour and then go away. Do you eat beforehand? Some people don't like to eat because it takes longer for it to kick in, but IMO it is wise to eat something small before dosing. That might help, not a full meal but not an empty stomach.
But honestly man. Ditch the syrup. Get capsules or pure DXM.

Dxm affects serotonin recepters. That alone can make you queasy. Happens to some people on shrooms. I have taken pure dxm and still was queasy. Weed helped but really have to just wait till it passes. Once the trip starts it should ease up. Syrup sucks. Do an extraction or take pills with less crap in it.

You definitely shouldn't be using syrup that contains "other active ingredients". Some can cause nausea and some can even cause OD if you take enough like if there's acetaminophen in there. Just get some gel caps and make sure the only active ingredient is DXM.

I find ginger tea helps a ton for DXM induced nausea. It might be different for some people, but I found that on the first few times I done DXM, the nausea wasnt too bad and went away quite quicky but I drank ginger tea before dosing (I dissolve two 4g sachets in boiling water- I know it's a lot but just concentrate it into a small mug to make less to drink). But I then did higher doses of DXM without ginger tea and the nausea was TERRIBLE. I had to puke very early into the trip, which reduced the intensity. So I used ginger tea again after not using it for a while because it tastes horrible, but I found that it does actually help and the nausea wasn't too bad anymore! So I think you should give it a try just to see if it helps for you because for me it helps a lot.

Also, the actual drinking of the syrup can make you throw up straight away if you don't drink it properly. What I do is I pour it into a glass, and drink it like a shot then straight after drink a lot of water to get rid of the taste (you can also gargle mouthwash to try eliminate the lingering taste as well) Do NOT smell the syrup under any circumstances since that will pretty much instantly induce nausea.

Hope this method works for you!