• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help! Experienced Provigil opinions needed!

Fatkinson83

Greenlighter
I just ordered 100 pills of modifial/ provigil. I am wondering if I will be disappointed with it. Please tell me your experiences and how it affected you. I read somewhere that it gives you energy and makes you happy that sounds amazing to me but I also would like some euphoria. Is this something I can expect if I take enough? I am a noob when it comes to this medicine so please give me a call any and all opinions!

No euphoria or anything I would consider fun. It cuts through lethargy and increases and prolongs wakefulness.

Modafinil is functional, but not recreational IMO.

No euphoria though there can be a mood boost and a certain sparkle to it.

It can also cause irritability though, particularly as it wears off.

I take it daily in my opinion although i use both modafinil and caffeine. It for me seems similar to a relatively high dose of caffeine. Some people might call that euphoric and happy others might call that irritable and anxious.

Similarly id compare the effects of modafinil on alertness and reduction in short term sleep deprived fatigue to a relately high dose of caffeine.

Basically, does it work? In my opinion yes. Unlike a ton of bullsh*t i spent prob thousands on it does seem to have strong evidence it can improve your alertness and reduce short term sleep deprived fatigue. HOWEVER, like caffeine strong evidence does not mean strong effects. Only that it can be measured in studies and replicated.

This probably wont make you in a euphoric bliss or let you live with less sleep then you need for extended period of times or make you able to live a unbalanced "limitless" life where you work or study or whatever for way longer than your body can handle.

Hey Fatkinson! Being that we are dedicated to Harm Reduction, we don't really like threads that are not anything more than "what is this?". Basically, if you're curious about what a drug does or how it might effect you, there is definitely information out there for you to familiarize yourself with. You can start with the obvious places, like Wikipedia for instance. If you're trying to figure out the more esoteric qualities of your potential relationship with a given drug, it's really going to come down to using it and evaluating your own experience.

With any drug, peoples' experiences are going to vary widely. My point is that you might want to be a little more specific in your objective. Where you're at now you're going to get a ton of different answers and perspectives and in the end, not really be that much closer to understanding how the drug is actually going to work for you.