• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help determining withdrawal severity

SiliconKnight

Greenlighter
So I had been clean over 60days after an 8year off and on opiate addiction. Well last week I messed up and bought some 20bags of heroin and did about one bag a day sometimes less for the last week and today I got my wisdom teeth pulled so I've taken about 45mg of Oxycodone. I know I am gonna feel some withdrawals I am just hoping they aren't gonna be full blown and I can make it through them and get back on track with being sober. I am engaged and going to school for music and I don't wanna mess up what ive gotten back since going to inpatient.

So my question is, how bad after this light use (i consider it light considering i used to slam a gram or two sometimes more, everyday for years plus take pills) for a week do you think the withdrawals will be. And do you think they will only last a few days or the full like 7days. Please tell me they should be way easier then full blown withdrawals. Cause I can handle that.

I enrolled in IOP now too cause I realized that just going to inpatient and not following up with more help afterwards is not the answer and I need all the help I can get.

So please help me prepare myself for what to expect so I can get back on track before this goes too far

Try to relax. The more you anticipate the withdrawal and obsess over it the worse it will be. Everyone is different but you should only feel mild symptoms if its only been a week. Some binge users of opiates do not experience withdrawal symptoms at all. You can panic yourself into it being much worse than it would be originally. It'll be okay.

If you do begin to experience withdrawals, whatever their severity, there are some great tips on BL to combat them. Look up the Thomas method. Best thing to do is stay as distracted/active as possible and try not to focus on them too much.

Good for you seeking help. Relapses happen. Don't let it stop you from working your program and staying clean. You can do this.

Thank you for the help. And what you said makes total sense. Withdrawals shouldn't be that bad after only a week of relatively light use. I've just been psychin myself out too much and feeling hella guily for relapsing, but I think everything will be ok.

Anytime. Glad you're feeling less anxious about it. Don't feel guilty, feel proud that you're recognizing the mistake and working to not let it ruin your progress so far. Hang in there.