• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Help Clarify; Unassissted Benzo Withdrawl Atleast Dangerous If Not Lethal...Correct??? Confused Due To Chats With Local Healthcare "Professionals".

Mother.Superior

Greenlighter
Please correct Me if I'm wrong but Isn't benzodiazepine withdrawl possibly lethal if unassisted or at the very least extremely dangerous (i.e. seizures, and what not, etc.)? I'm fairly certain I'm right about this and its a no duh yes but I've gotten mixed answers especially once Chatting with a few local healthcare professionally, if you could lower your IQ score to really call em that as if saying where a chap works alone doesn't speak volumes in and of itself, birds of a feather and all that, now I'm not one to pander to opiate/opioid withdrawals being at all lethal unless you're like 96 with 6 coronary bypasses and your body just can't cling to life anymore and in which case I say Johnny head towards the light and leave this horrorshow behind ye good lad, and don't give Me grief I AM an opiate addict so its not the pot calling the kettle black I've gone through unassisted opiate withdrawl many many times including suboxone and methadone withdrawls (thus mother superior...ever privy the flick trainspotting? Its an anecdote gov), And I have yet to even put a chink in Me armor. Then again I also hit a tree head on at over 70mph and came out with damn nary a scratch but then again that's just Me. Not a very good reinforcing moment to teach Me about not being invisible...dammit. What if I am...hmm...anyways, any input you could give on the subject of whether or not you KNOW that UNASSISTED benzodiazepine withdrawl is at the VERY LEAST EXTREMELY DANGEROUS IF NOT LETHAL, would be greatly appreciated. If you have general comments feel free to leave those but list its just a comment. Please know what you're talking about when replying cuz unfortunately bluelight doesn't take references with street cred so I had to start with this greenlighter crap. Whitelighter anyone...anyone? Charmed? Yeah...yeah...no? OK. I'll go to My corner. (Head slumped down in shame) anyways, besides dog shit still smells like shit even if you dunno it came from a dog. Know what I mean? So please don't make Me think wow...just...wow...who's clinic got firebombed the day this abortion was scheduled? Cuz I can't do it anymore mang I can't. I don't got the drugs. God can't miracle Me enough. Though that'd be one hell of a 34th street. Bombs away!!!

The first year after my tour I was put on a significant dose of Xanax and due to trauma related hallucinations stopped it cold turkey. Had 3 seizures I can remember being awake for and after the 4th woke up in the hospital. Aside from Alcohol, Benzos are the only type of drug that can kill you from withdrawals. Definitely taper slowly and hopefully under a doctor's supervision

Worst case scenario for one who quits a regimen of benzodiazepines suddenly? Death.
"The deceased presented to the hospital with hypertension, elevated temperature, worsening bizarre behavior, and movement irregularities. While in the hospital, the decedent developed seizure-like activity and died approximately 15 hours after admission."
It about caused me to go insane but eventually got a tenuous grip on things.
Best case: One should find a medical environment to monitor ones response to a taper and adjust as needed. The latter is my opinion and most others I would imagine (or hope).

ha. i'll responde to this thread in march when my mother lights herself on fire and throws herself out the window when opiate / benzo withdrawal both hit at once...
having been through alcohol withdrawal myself and not benzo ..theyre the same shit... it's doable.... but after two weeks of not being able to think and shaking/waking up soaked.. then being hot/cold allll day everyday till i said fuck this shit and went to my doctor who promptly got me sorted. i miss my doctor. HOPE YA HAVE A GOOD RETIREMENT DOC K.

Don't even try. Seizures and can be vatel. I have had the seizures and now make sure I follow any withdrawal taper to the letter. One thing I don't mess with.

Yeah I think everybody has summed this up for the OP but, in simplest terms:

BENZO WITHDRAWAL (AND ALCOHOL) CAN AND VERY WELL MIGHT KILL YOU. DO NOT GO COLD TURKEY. BEING AWAKE FOR SEIZURES IS SIMILAR TO SATAN PLAYING WITH YOUR BRAIN WITH HIS ELECTRIC FINGERS.

God Bless