• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Can somebody please tell me what my friend took last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshyboy1030

Greenlighter
This is my first time posting so I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I am extremely confused. So, I bought some "acid," but at this point I'm basically 100% positive that it was something else. So, I bought these from a friend who was getting them from someone that I've never met, but he told me that he guy was an experienced tripped and that he was sure it was acid. The odd thing was, he didn't know how many micrograms were in each tab, and I told him to ask whoever he got it from and that guy didn't even know. After last night, I'm assuming it was at least 110 or more. So I got to my friends house at like 6:20 and we had been waiting to trip for awhile so we went up to his room and dropped it right away. I don't know if this helps, but both tabs were colorless, flavorless, and both a pale white color. Also, I don't think it was a research chemical because it didn't make our mouths feel numb. I let mine sit on top of my tongue until it dissolved completely, then swallowed. My friend let it sit on top of his tongue also, but spit his out once it was almost completely dissolved (which shouldn't matter if it was really acid).

So, after about an hour, we both agreed that we didn't feel anything at all. I started doubting it at this point, so I asked the friend that I bought it from if he was sure it was real. He claimed that he watched the guy cut it off the big paper. I'm not sure if this matters, but it was kept folded inside a napkin in my wallet in an airtight container for about a week. So we waited, still thinking we were gonna trip. Eventually two hours passed, and I thought it could be something like 25I-NBOMe, because I read that 25I-NBOMe could take up to 2 around hours to hit. I was a little angry because I knew at this point it probably wasn't acid, but I decided that we would still have fun. I told my friend that if we wait another hour and nothing happens, then we should go get some beers or something.

At 9:00, we were both pissed because we knew it was just white paper (or at least we thought). This probably doesn't matter, but I just decided to ingest 10mg hydrocodone just because I had some (I have never gotten a opiate high, and I've tried codeine, tramadol, and hydrocodone before this with nothing but tiredness and nausea) and my friend took 150mg tramadol (he hadn't had any opiate experience before this, so I just told him he might feel something but not to expect it). Then his brother got home, and he gave me three 30mg focalin xr, and I knew that if I took them I wouldn't feel the Hydro but I decided that if rather stay up that be sleepy. So we opened up the pills and crushed them, and both snorted 45mg . We chilled in his room for about 2 more hours, then he suddenly became very nauseous and had to go outside. He eventually puked, but still felt sick even after he puked. At the time I thought this was probably the tramadol, but I don't know for sure what caused it. Keep in mind that the tabs were fully dissolved by 6:45 and it was almost midnight at this point, so we were positive that we got scammed and that the tabs were just paper. After he threw up, we went inside and he told me he felt a nice high coming on and he said it was probably the tramadol, but that wouldn't be possible after snorting he Focalin. When we were downstairs by his mom, he quick looked at me and mouthed "Bro I'm Tripping". I just though he was being dumb or getting a nice buzz from the Focalin so I just laughed and didn't think anything of it. We were pretty bored and disappointed at this point, so I decided that we should just go for a walk and smoke some cigs.

Right here is when things got weird. This was my first time smoking on Focalin, and I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get sick or something so I took really small puffs. I soon felt slightly nauseous, and offered him the rest of my cig. This was when I could tell something was different with him. I offered him the cig, and he grabbed it, paused for a second, and handed it back and said it was too hot. I asked him what he meant, and he just said that he didn't want any right now, so we kept walking. He told me to stop and take a break, which was weird because we hadn't even walked very far. I also realized he was sweating, which was also strange because it was a cool night. He kept saying that their was gnats biting him and he would randomly swat around at nothing. Then he started to really act strange. He had a hard time talking, and began shaking and saying things that didn't make sense. Then all of the sudden he was pretending to fish off of a picnic table and told be to help him grab the fish. I thought he was kidding, so I asked him to stop and told him to keep walking. He started walking but he was holding an imaginary fish. I told him to stop it for real, and he dropped the imaginary fish and said something like "Make sure we don't leave it there". I still though he was just joking around, so we kept walking. There was a children crossing sign on the road, and when he saw it he stared at it and told me about how he was trying to text his ex-girlfriend. I was like "Bro it's like 1:00 in the morning, she's probably asleep. Then he handed me his phone and said "look, she hasn't responded". I started to think maybe the Focalin was getting him really fucked up or something, because on his phone it showed that he had opened her message but didn't respond (this was on snapchat by the way) I told him that he was the one who wasn't responding, and he acted like he didn't understand what I meant. At this point, his behavior from the beginning of the walk had changed drastically. He was sweating bad, and he couldn't hold a conversation or focus on one thing, he just kept looking all around. Sometimes there would be a rock on the side of the road, and when we walked past it he would jump like it was an animal or something. Then he told me that his heart was beating too fast and he was having trouble breathing. I checked his heart BPM, and it around 90. I told him he was fine, and he calmed down a little bit. I said maybe we should walk back to the house now, and he agreed. During the walk back, he kept wandering onto other people's lawns and I had to constantly remind him to follow me. He kept mumbling weird things, and saying that he was seeing weird colors in the sky. I was starting to think that maybe whatever we took on the tab was affecting him, but was confused because had been 6 hours and he hadn't felt anything until now.

We went back and I talked to his brother for a little bit. Then i decided to go find my bro, and he was by a bed yelling at someone named Bob. He kept yelling at me to call 911 and I tried to tell him there is no Bob and that he was tripping. I finally got him to snap out of it, and we went to the basement. He kept saying he was having a hard time breathing and that he was really hot. Me and his brother tried to get him to sit down, but he literally couldn't sit for more than a minute. He was constantly swatting at his head and saying how bad the gnats were, and I tried to tell him that there weren't any. Then we went upstairs to his room, and I decided to go to sleep, but I couldn't. He kept mumbling weird things and was keeping me up. About every 20 mins, he would act somewhat normal and say something like "Woah, how long have I been like this?" Or "Bro sorry for keeping you up I just can't do this". At around 5:30 in the morning he started coming back to reality. Whenever I talk to him about it, he just says "I don't know what happened, but that was horrible".

So my question is, what could this have been? I didn't feel anything the whole night, and it took 6 hours to start affecting him!

I wouldn't say it was the tabs you got that caused your friend to act the way he did. From my experiences I have never heard nor have ever had any tabs come up in 2 hours. However I will say that maybe the other substances he ingested plus his mindset caused him to act the way he did. To paint a picture you ever give a kid that Apple juice that looks like champagne? Most of the time they drink it and think they're drunk when in reality all they had was apple juice. Your friend might of thought he was tripping off the tabs when in reality he was just really high off the other substances you guys took. Just my 2 cents I'm no expert so don't take my words so seriously

We don't allow ID threads, but if you want my opinion not on what you took but what happened:

It was the tramadol that can interact negatively with other serotonergic drugs (including psychedelics) and increase risks of serotonin syndrome or seizures. He apparently didn't get actual SS which wouldve landed him in a hospital, but sweating/hyperthermia, confusion and nausea are all signs of unchecked serotonergic activity or hyperactivity.

So it's not so much the mystery of what was in your blotters (no sign I am hearing that would suggest it was anything unusual), but that you can't randomly combine tramadol.
Focalin would've certainly contributed to elevated heartrate etc that much more. It also has major interactions with tramadol that could have easily led to seizures. He's probably lucky. If the blotters had been more active this could have ended quite a bit worse.

Do your homework on possible risks of combining drugs before you guys kill yourselves or others.

Welcome to the forum though :)

We don't allow drug ID threads here, because there's really no way we can tell you. But yeah, like Solipsis said, tramadol is dangerous to combine with a lot of other drugs, especially serotonergic ones like psychedelics or MDMA or amphetamines. Actually focalin is dexmethylphenidate and it's also dangerous to combine. It sounds like your tabs were probably bunk, and your friend experienced an interactions between the tramadol and focalin. Might be a good idea for you to stick around here, so you can learn to be a little safer. :) It's always a good idea to do a little research on drugs before you do them, especially when combining them.

Ok thanks for the advise, but I'm still not sure about a couple of things: I know this is stupid, but I've done 350 mg of tramadol before and honestly didn't feel much. So I don't see how 150 tramadol could affect him like that, and I'm not sure if this is true, but I read somewhere that most stimulants will just cancel out any opiates/opioids if they are taken after. I'm positive the tabs were bunk because I didn't feel a thing, but I don't understand why he would act that way. Like I could barely get him to listen to me. There are also other unimportant details that I didn't mention, like at one point he kept repeating this code and tapping certain spots on the walls, and he kept telling me that I need to memorize the code too so he can trust me. Or the time I stopped paying attention to him for like 5 minutes and before I knew it he was running down the road swatting at gnats. Actually, I should have mentioned above that like 75% of the night he was swatting and scratching his face because saying the gnats were biting him. After the Bob incident, I forgot to mention that he sat there giving he bed CPR for at least 30 mins, and at the end, he just slumped over and said "it's over, he's gone!" And he was actually crying. Also, throughout the entire night he kept asking me for his inhaler, and I would just hold my hand out and he would grab an invisible object off of it and breath in deep and then give it back. I just don't think that 45mg focalin could be that crazy when combined with only 150mg tramadol, which is very weak. Also, I took 10 mg hydrocodone at the same time he too the tramadol, and hydrocodone is more powerful, so wouldn't I have reacted worse if that was what was causing it?

Also, if we had tripped as planned, we would defiantly not have taken the focalin or tramadol/hydro. We only those because we wanted to get high that night and the acid wasn't working.

And LazyTheGreat, I appreciate your advice and I thought he was just faking it at first. But then after 2 hours and after he was crying about somebody named Bobby dying, I don't think he was faking it. We were both super exited and in a great mood when we took the tabs also. And if this wasn't clear enough in he above posts, the tramadol and focalin were only taken because the acid didn't work, and we're taken at least 3 hours after we took the tabs.

Trying tramadol by itself says nothing about dangerous interactions.

Opioids and stimulants can cancel out some of their effects like sedating vs. stimulating, but there are also other effects that don't cancel out and can interact differently, and most of all: Tramadol is not a simple opioid, it is also a serotonin and norepinephrin reuptake inhibitor.

Hydrocodone is not, it's a more typical opiate. You can't really compare them. Risk of seizures is still there with other more typical opiates, but comes from other reasons and the risk is much lower - it's pretty rare I think.

Yeah it sounds like he got very confused, and the "gnats" in his face may well have been from itchiness / flushing sensations. You are apparently confusing erratic behavior with a psychedelic trip, because of weird perception or behavior being common for both... but with most trips you don't say "I don't know what happened but that was horrible" afterwards, in my experience. That sounds much more consistent with something like a bad tramadol interaction.

It was dangerous even if the tabs were bunk, but any subtle psychedelic effect from weak rather than bunk tabs could exacerbate the problems. So either way.

You are oversimplifying and assuming way too much, things aren't as easy as all stims being the same and all pain-killers being qualitatively the same. They can do various things on the side, which should all be considered before combining.

Next time, don't assume stuff and just cross-check online, until you are eventually so well educated that you are aware of all mechanisms of actions of the drugs you have or are taking and even then you'd double-check most of the time. Otherwise it will just be a sort of crapshoot / russian roulette all over again, regardless of the bad "luck" you had of combining the wrong drugs rather than the 'right' (safe) ones. It should never be a luck game.

Last edited:
Ok thanks again. I didn't know that tramadol and hydrocodone were so different, but I guess I'm just gonna assume that that's what made him freak out. I don't think there was anything in the tabs then because I didn't feel the slightest bit triply at all, just normal except for the focalin. But could the hallucinations he had really be caused from those two drugs? at one point I remember he was carrying Bobby or whoever he was imagining up some stairs, and he really acted like he was carrying a body. Like he was panting and grunting, and even sweating more even though there was nothing there. Also, he told me that at some points it felt like he was breathing through a straw, and when I have him the inhaler and he puffed through it that his breathing would go back to normal.

Ok Solipsis, I just did some research on tramadol and focalin interacting and a read that tramadol greatly potentiates focalin at low doses, but at moderate or high doses it increases the negative effects, like heart beat and blood pressure rising. I am guessing bat this is what caused him to freak out the way he did.

Also what you said about me associating his behavior with a trip, I just didn't know what else it could be. He can remember some parts, but I also agree that if he was really tripping off of whatever was in he blotter, then he would probably have remembered it more. He says that the biggest thing he remembers is that he could barely breath and that there was gnats all over him, and he remembers absolutely nothing about giving CPR to Bobby. I guess I'll be more careful and research drugs before I just give them to my friend.

Good, that's the best advice we could give. :) Always be cautious and do your research before taking drugs, especially combinations.

I meant to close this earlier as it's not allowed, but I'm glad I left it open because it looks like some good has come of it. I'm gonna close it now though. Welcome to Bluelight, stick around, discussion on here is how I learned most of what I know about drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.